What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
when I woke up it was 5.9 when I got up it was 4.3 yesterday I was hyper 9 times hardly lower than 8.6 most of the day with 10.1 at bedtime things are out of control at the moment.

maybe today will be better?
Still in the game @JohnEGreen, still in the game. Isn't Advent all about things getting better, light in darkness? @PenguinMum you know the drill. @Widgets hug for after effects - no snogging under the mistletoe just yet either.:angelic:

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all - haven’t been on here for a while as life has got in the way - poorly cat resulted in 7 trips to the vet over 2 weeks and 3 lots of medication for her. I’ve also been eating more carbs so I’ve not tested too much in the mornings but when I do my readings are between 5.4 and 5.9 with a 5.5 this morning.
Winner for the bg and a hug for the poorly cat .

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Did you manage the mile?
Yes, just over the mile in the pool. It was a quiet day, with not many in , so just went into trance mode and glided. though I can’t claim it was graceful, it was a nice escape from reality. Tired after, as it has been a while since I swam that far. Today planning a walk, but waiting for the weather to improve. Too many old trees around to be risking it in the current high wind.

Alas, fasting level today 8.5. No logic to this at all.

Reactions: DJC3 and JohnEGreen

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
actually had an amazing time - he is thriving after a week in intensive care >1 month old. .

Goodness poor little soul! I’m glad he’s home now and hopefully fully recovered - what a worrying time for you all.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes, just over the mile in the pool. It was a quiet day, with not many in , so just went into trance mode and glided. though I can’t claim it was graceful, it was a nice escape from reality. Tired after, as it has been a while since I swam that far. Today planning a walk, but waiting for the weather to improve. Too many old trees around to be risking it in the current high wind.

Alas, fasting level today 8.5. No logic to this at all.
Hug for the fasting level, but well done for the swimming

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Goodness poor little soul! I’m glad he’s home now and hopefully fully recovered - what a worrying time for you all.
The hospital stay was 3 months ago. He's a sturdy little chap now thanks. His sister has had a little stay since but she's ok now - no COVID involved.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ryhia and DJC3

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hug for the fasting level, but well done for the swimming
Is there flexibility in this mad December lark? I ask because I was wondering if I could average out my mad days. It would be folly to go out in stormy weather today, so plan is 2 mile walk tomorrow. Today I have put in some Pilates exercise. No distance travelled with that.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.0 today. At 4am ... I did go to bed at 8pm last night feeling like death warmed up and as though I'd been thumped very hard in the arm. Still glad I had my Covid booster.

Yesterday (Saturday) I was running about 1 point higher than 'normal for me' all day, but today, so far, seem to be back in my standard range. I had the jab at about 5pm on Friday.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 today, maybe 2 glasses of red last night has brought me down out of the sixes?
@Widgets hugs for the post booster effects, your FBGs are still great though. I had the Pfizer one a week ago ( after initial 2 AZ ones) but didn’t get any side effects except a bit of a sore arm.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry on phone 9.2
Reader 9.1
Finetest 7.5
Some consistency would be nice
Have a good Sunday everyone

Reactions: karen8967

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Is there flexibility in this mad December lark? I ask because I was wondering if I could average out my mad days. It would be folly to go out in stormy weather today, so plan is 2 mile walk tomorrow. Today I have put in some Pilates exercise. No distance travelled with that.
For you yes of course , for me sadly not, a guy from the running club organised it, has to be a mile a day & only run, walk, swim & cycle allowed & you have to post if on strava, if you miss a day you’re kicked out but when completed you get a little trophy, weather depending it’s a run or a walk today

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.8 on Swipey which is basically only losing 9-1 after a series of 10 - 0 defeats. Hug for the jab after effects @Widgets but the protection is most important. @DJC3 wine or not less glucose is apparently floating about. The truth seems to be that no one really knows how to tame The D. We are all conducting our own daily experiments. @DEBBIESCOTT that guy sounds remarkably like the Pharisees of yore but good on you for sticking the course.

Reactions: ziggy_w and mojo37

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
4.1 this morning. Haven't a clue why but liking it. Cheers for the day everyone. Having a break this week in not so sunny Northumberland. View from the house we are staying in is delightful, distant views of the coastline, its not called Beach View for nothing.

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3