Interesting article on c-Peptide

NicoleC1971

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
https://labs.selfdecode.com/blog/c-peptide/
This is not a site that I am familiar with, but the article seems to be quite well written and informative.
Like the site and didn't realise that c peptide might be beneficially added to my exogenous insulin at some point. It seems unclear whether high c peptide is a marker or a maker of the co mortalities but am assuming it is a marker for high insulin levels for no.
Also a recommendation to treat high c peptide levels with drugs that stimulate insulin production in type 2s seems counterintuitive if trying to reduce insulin resistance.

Madisons

This was a great article. Still don't know why my GP did not order this test for me, and I have to demand it. My A1C came back at 6.1 six months apart, even though I cut out all grains, legumes, and fruit. He just sends me to a dietician, no script for glucose monitor or test strips. Also LDL was up, and fatty liver. I need to know if I'm heading towards t1 or t2. My mom's endo confirmed she is LADA, so that's genetic, and i'm afraid to be heading in that direction depending on insulin & needles which I am horrified and traumatized by seeing my mom have hypos back in my childhood and onwards. Does it take long for these blood results to come back? If so, I will book bloodwork (C-peptide, aniti-GAD, insulin) a month ahead before seeing GP for results. BTW, I can't change GP, we're in Canada, and there's a waiting list to find a GP here. Crazy.