Waitrose 90% chocolate - warning

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Was in Waitrose earlier, picking up a few bits for Christmas (and a lot of meat!!).

Stopped at the chocolate section and was very surprised to see that the Waitrose 1 90% chocolate has significantly increased the sugar/carb content. It used to be 14g carb/100g. It’s now 22.4g. See pics (with apologies for the quality!). Checked on the website too, incase it was a printing error, but the same information is there. One customer lost!

Seems they may not be the only ones as the Lindt 85% was showing at 22g/100g, when it used to be 18g.

Updating to say I posted a review on the Waitrose website - a number of others have done the same!

EBEE9491-3F98-4BC2-9021-861D17A8B7B3.jpeg
C6D7046D-D0DB-4455-9C71-B192F71C057D.jpeg

Last edited:

shelley262

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Cor you made me rush and check my lindt 90% choc but phew my supply is still 14g per 100g 10 squares in 100g so 1.4g per square. Reminder though to keep an eye on the nutrition panel. Think you may need to try Lindt 90% @Goonergal

D

Deleted member 543160

Some seriously rude language from me then regarding 85% Lindt - I've just received my regular month's worth from Amazon and though it tasted different. I'll have to have a rethink as I don't really fancy going to 90% - dark choc was one of my few migraine triggers and I still treat it with caution....:eek::mad::mad::mad:

Goonergal

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Some seriously rude language from me then regarding 85% Lindt - I've just received my regular month's worth from Amazon and though it tasted different. I'll have to have a rethink as I don't really fancy going to 90% - dark choc was one of my few migraine triggers and I still treat it with caution....:eek::mad::mad::mad:

I found some Divine brand 85% which is 17.9g carb/100g and tastes pretty good. Two 90g bars for £3 in Waitrose.