I have a boil.

• Thread starter Deleted member 538891
  • Start Date
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I have a boil found it this morning been given cream but if it dosnt work antibiotics.
Its Yuck really Sore.
So will have to see how it goes anyone else had this it is really horrible

Sparklebrightisright62.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all,

I have a boil found it this morning been given cream but if it dosnt work antibiotics.
Its Yuck really Sore.
So will have to see how it goes anyone else had this it is really horrible

Sparklebrightisright62.
Oooh, sore, very sore. I won’t ask where it is, but you need to remember that infection could cause some increase in your blood glucose levels, and make you feel generally unwell.
Hope you can rest, and recover quickly.

Reactions: EllieM

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have not had a boil for a good many years, but if I remember correctly the last one was lanced by my GP at the time and cleaned up with a course of antibiotics.

I did not need time off work with it.

D

Deleted member 538891

Yes i have been feeling unwell really tired just want to sleep i went to the doctors last evening and i still have not recived my perscription yet from pharmacy they R taking the mic.

Sparklebrightis right62.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It could be that they haven't got the cream in stock and are having to order it for you. Hope it helps when you get it, as boils are horrible. In the meantime, you could put a warm flannel on it to help 'draw it out' to get rid of the pus.

Reactions: EllieM

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
It could be that they haven't got the cream in stock and are having to order it for you. Hope it helps when you get it, as boils are horrible. In the meantime, you could put a warm flannel on it to help 'draw it out' to get rid of the pus.
Though whatever you do, make sure you don’t squeeze the boil. That can force the pus and infection into the deeper surrounding area.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
In the meantime, you could put a warm flannel on it to help 'draw it out' to get rid of the pus.
My parents used to swear this was the best stuff to draw a boil out "Ichthammol Ointment". it is a OTC product from all good pharmacy's and cheap as well.

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all

I now have antibiotics am in agony ended up having morphine yesterday n today going back to docs in the morning i want it lancing its disgusting leaving it like this especailly when its infected anyway.

They could have done this on Thursday went i went to see the G.P. whats the point in leaving it and letting it get worse which it now is.

Sparklebrightis right62

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
They could have done this on Thursday went i went to see the G.P. whats the point in leaving it and letting it get worse which it now is.
I thought you said that you found you had a boil on Saturday 04.12.2021 Friday 03.12.2021
I now have antibiotics, am in agony ended up having morphine yesterday n today, going back to docs in the morning i want it lancing, its disgusting leaving it like this especailly when its infected anyway.
I am also confused how you got morphine for a boil as well, only palliative care doctors have the authority to prescribe this controlled medication to patients with a terminal illness, which a boil is not

I have put some punctuation in the last quote to make sense of it.

Edit: Corrected for the different time zone GMT / AEST 10 hour difference.

Last edited:
Reactions: lucylocket61
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

I already had the morphine from when i was in hosp in august and cus the boil was so painfull i decided to use it.
I already had it at home
Dose this answer your Question i have a very low pain threshold.

Sparklebrightisright62

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all,

I already had the morphine from when i was in hosp in august and cus the boil was so painfull i decided to use it.
I already had it at home
Dose this answer your Question i have a very low pain threshold.

Sparklebrightisright62

Please please be careful @Sparklebrightisright62 using morphine from a previous prescription, please check it’s not out of date, as in the actual date of expiry, and if it’s liquid morphine (Oramorph) it usually says to use within 90 days of opening the bottle. If you are requiring morphine then you need to let your dr know quite how uncomfortable you are with this boil.

@Riva_Roxaban the prescribing rules for controlled drugs is obviously more strict in Oz as it isn’t reserved only for palliative care in the UK

D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

The Boil still has not popped ive had antibiotics not even touched it at all this is getting increasingling stressfull and am still in a lot of pain would they sort it out if i went to a & e for me cannot put up with this any longer.

Sparklebright62.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
am still in a lot of pain would they sort it out if i went to a & e for me cannot put up with this any longer.
As I posted here the other day:
if I remember correctly the last one was lanced by my GP at the time and cleaned up with a course of antibiotics.
If you had, had, that done then you would not have the problem any more.

Go and get it it done at a emergency dept. asap, do not wait for tomorrow or next week etc. to get it done.

JuliaAR

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Hi,

Sorry to hear that you are having so much trouble with a nasty boil. I had one years ago in a very delicate place when I was undergoing chemotherapy. Really quite painful so I sympathise with you. I used a fresh lemon peel (with a little fruit flesh still on it) and taped it fruit side down over the boil. A friend told me about this. It was amazing. After about 24hrs it drew the pus to the surface and I simply wiped it off. The whole thing healed in a fewdays even though my immune system was very compromised at the time. No nasty antibiotics were needed which I was trying to avoid because of repeated bouts of thrush. It worked for me. I hope it helps.

Reactions: Outlier
D

Deleted member 538891

Hi to all,

Thankyou for the Info i will remeber for if their ever is a next time my boil popped at 2.30 am this morning and lots of gunk came out ive been in shower and put clean dressing on but i now have 2 holes were the pus came out.

Will they heal on their own.

Sparklebright62.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all,

Thankyou for the Info i will remeber for if their ever is a next time my boil popped at 2.30 am this morning and lots of gunk came out ive been in shower and put clean dressing on but i now have 2 holes were the pus came out.

Will they heal on their own.

Sparklebright62.
I think you should ring the surgery in the morning for advice. Meanwhile, keep clean dressings on, changing them often.

A good idea is to have some boiled water in a bowl with a small amount of salt in. Let the water cool and dampen the dressing with the water and then place the dressing on your wound.

Reactions: Antje77

Onlinecaroline

In august I had a perinatal abscess which after a week of putting up with it. I ended up in A and E and has surgery it have it drained. I have quite a high pain threshold and this was unbearable, ending with me fainting on the loo!

Afterwards the hole had to be dressed everyday by a nurse to allow it to heal - please if you haven’t get yourself to your GP to dress the wound. They will pack the wound, either with a special dressing or gel and dress it for you.