Freestyle Libre 2

MattD303

Hello everyone, hope you are all well.

Just a quick question really, I have the freestyle libre 2 and it seems every night or most nights around 10-1 my libre seems to stop capturing data, it’s very frustrating because in the last seven days my sensor capture data is only 78% and I don’t want to lose my privileges for the libre because of something I can’t seem to control.

Anyone has this problem before or know of any fixes?

Much appreciated, Matt

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
Anyone has this problem before or know of any fixes?

Have you tried ringing Abbott for advice?

(Unfrtunately my libre 1 experience is too out of date to assist.)

Reactions: MattD303

MattD303

Do you scan between 10pm and 9am? You have to scan at least once every 8 hours otherwise you will lose data.

Yes I always scan when I have my breakfast around 6:30-7:00, maybe I should try scanning more before 10pm, although most nights I do believe I do

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The sensor only stores 8 hours of data so you MUST scan at least once every 8 hors otherwise there is a data gap as you are seeing if you are not scanning often enough.

jape

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Think of scanning in the same light as looking at your watch for the time.

MattD303

The sensor only stores 8 hours of data so you MUST scan at least once every 8 hors otherwise there is a data gap as you are seeing if you are not scanning often enough.

Thank you for that, I feel like I am scanning enough before bed, maybe I’ll try to make sure I’m scanning a few extra times to see if that solves it!

Lakeslover

You need to scan last thing before you turn the light off, then no more than 8 hours later. So if you scan at 10pm then you need to scan again before 6am to avoid losing any data.

certainly if you scan at 10 then not until 7 you will have an hours gap between 10 and 11.

its a need to time the scans effectively, not necessarily scanning more often. You could try setting an alarm to ping at 10 and 6 to remind you for a while until it becomes habit.

Mungobean

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
You need to scan last thing before you turn the light off, then no more than 8 hours later. So if you scan at 10pm then you need to scan again before 6am to avoid losing any data.

certainly if you scan at 10 then not until 7 you will have an hours gap between 10 and 11.

its a need to time the scans effectively, not necessarily scanning more often. You could try setting an alarm to ping at 10 and 6 to remind you for a while until it becomes habit.

I don’t sleep well, so have got into the habit of scanning every time I wake up in the night, and I don’t lose any data - but you would think they would make the system so that it could hold a little more data - say 10 hours.

MattD303

Thank you for that! I will definitely start scanning last thing at night a little more, I’m always awake at 6 so that shouldn’t be a problem!