What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.6. Woke up very late this morning.

Also, turns out in Australia if you buy cold meds over the counter they come as an injection you have to administer yourself, and Lemsip is a bubble-bath.

Dreams eh?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I did swipe today but can't trust any readings since about August. Elsie has become totally dysfunctional across a huge spectrum. not just bg control. I was warned, we all were but some find it works. Back from Southampton- even the M25 played nice. Oh, sharing a 58 oz porterhuse steak with my son for his birthday is far less satiating or pleasurable than mackerel salad and not even on the same planet as salmon and avocado salad. He enjoyed it though so job done.

Last edited:

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Well as I posted this morning started the day at 4.8 since then though had one reading of 15.5 after a bowl of tomato soup. Then 10.9 and then 10.1 after dinner low carb italian meat balls from diet doctor I just don't know what to think

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
A night of unexplained projectile vomiting. Two hours sleep, and a reading of 8.1.
Grumpy at first, but walked a couple of miles this afternoon, before the rain and gale returned. A fair bit of fasting today, and I seem fixed.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Larry says 7.3
Contour 8.6 after making cup of tea
Covid booster yesterday, had virtually no sleep, arm throbbing & feeling sick
Supposed to be intervals on treadmill this morning, not going to happen, think it’s going to be a sofa & kindle day
Enjoy your day everyone

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
7.3 this morning, full on head cold, at least I get it out the was for Christmas.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
I just don't know what to think
Maddening. These really are big numbers for you? I’ve not seen them from you. Dirty hands? Analyse the Carb intake over that period. And yes, it's so dishearteningly obscure this stuff. Tomorrow you’ll see a much improvement in your numbers. I’ve had similar Spanner in the Works numbers, but have almost learnt to roll with the punches - so many mixed metaphors! Could be your Endo sys is writhing and wriggling and squirming from your rigorous training you’ve put it under. Erm… Have had a recent COVID19 test?

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.7 today. Though I'd been awake for a while before I got my carcass out of bed. Still, I like these numbers, I think I'll keep them. (Or, you know, keep working at keeping them ...)

Reactions: karen8967 and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 maybe, I’ve emailed Spirit Healthcare about some dodgy readings I’ve been getting recently. Anyone else use a Tee2 meter?
@Pipp hope you are fully recovered now. @Marianne67 Fingers crossed the head cold will be well out of the way before Christmas.
@BrianDoc shame about the pup pic, a few people seem to have trouble posting photos, I wish I was techy enough to advise.
Great result @Widgets
Have a great Friday all.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Some real tales of misery, refusal to crumble in the face of adversity and confusion here today. Hugs all round @Pipp @JohnEGreen @DEBBIESCOTT @Marianne67 and anyone else I missed. I swiped but this sensor is veering twixt unavailable, no number just a red line and 7s and 8s. Who knows? I won't put a new one on as I have an MRI on Sunday so it would have to come off. @karen8967 @Widgets @Pipp for the walking and all still hanging in there :woot:

Last edited:

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.3 inexplicible but thats D for you! Distant hugs to all feeling unwell and under the weather and hope you get well soon. @DJC3 I have stuck with Codefree so far though have Tee2 as back up but rarely use it. Hope you get some answers. @ianpspurs best wishes for the MRI. Happy Friday All.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Some real tales of misery, refusal to crumble in the face of adversity and confusion here today. Hugs all round @Pipp @JohnEGreen @DEBBIESCOTT @Marianne67 and anyone else I missed. I swiped but this sensor is veering twixt unavailable, no number just a red line and 7s and 8s. Who knows? I won't put a new one on as I have an MRI on Sunday so it would have to come off. @karen8967 @Widgets @Pipp for the walking and all still hanging in there :woot:
How the MRI goes well on Sunday, take care

garyclark82

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back here after a "hiatus" due to life catching up and barely having a minute to breathe. A couple of blips over the last fortnight or so, but back down to bouncing around the 6.0-6.3 mark on average.
I presume stress is a potential cause for spikes etc - in the process of selling my flat so I'm guessing the next nine months will be spike central ;)