Just had my yearly blood test. Key markers are

TC = 5.4 mmol/mol
TG = 0.55 mmol/mol
LDL = 3.5 mmol/mol
HDL =1.65 mmol/mol

HBAC = 50 mmol/mol

Everything else in range.

GP sent me a low fat diet sheet

Any feedback/suggestion. I am a low carb dieter. Not strict keto but generally low carb

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Are you testing before and after you eat? What do you eat in a typical day?

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I typically just have a coffee with cream in morning and then lunch and dinner tends to be low carb / medium protein/fat diet.

Every now and then I do have a carby meal for dinner or lunch.

I used to test before and after but now I mostly know what foods are good for me

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
One of the things I've learned from using a Freestyle Libre is that going off plan and eating a bit of carby food leads to glucose spikes in the following days when I haven't touched carby food. I have no idea what is the process there, only that I have observed it.

Ronancastled

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Just from your sig I can see you were barely full blown to begin with, only 51 A1c at diagnosis.
Since then you've stabilised in the mid 40s.
I take your bona fides on diet.

So the other variables are exercise & weight, how much wiggle room have you there ?

nsh2111

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Yes I have been able to maintain in 46-50 range since diagnosis. I could make my diet a bit more controlled.

As for exercise, lockdown meant I am only able to do home based workout and they are not as good as what I was able to do in gym so yes exercise has slightly been down and eating carbs increased.

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I suggest ignoring the low-fat diet sheet but it's your choice. Low-fat diets are generally based on weak science.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Research using rodents showed that meals consisting of both carbs and refined fats led to the worst outcomes - both heart markers and diabetes got worse when they ate fatty&carby meals.
So maybe stricter low carb would help?
My cholesterol total went up a little after I went low carb but both triglycerides (which had been 'high') and the ratio were better.