Weekly weigh in - Fridays

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
76.9kg today. Slow and steady on the downward trend. I'm going to need to start focusing on something other than BMI soon I think. I'm still aiming for some wiggle room before Christmas (and my birthday a month or so later)

I'm quite happy with the numbers just now though.

Reactions: SlimLizzy

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Weight 48.9kg
Have been ill for several days, and not eating so no surprise I have lost weight again.
Am hoping to have sufficient energy to wash my hair today.
Lateral flow test was negative, but am convinced it was the new variant of covid.
But then I was so out of it I didn't think to do a test until I started recovering... so who knows?

Last edited:

MoorT2

78.9 this morning, down just over a kg on last week. Happy to be at my Christmas sub 80 goal a few weeks early.

BMI 26.1.

carty

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
43.5 Hooray I put on .3 Hope it stays on this time !!!
Carol

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Haven't posted for nearly 9 weeks! Hadn't realised it was so long. Anyway - no weight loss in these weeks. Still 17.5 stone. Luckily, I don't do much at Christmas, so shouldn't be in any extra danger. In fact, I'm thinking of having a nice piece of white fish, if I can get it.

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good happy Afternoon fellow scale crushers.
This morning my crushed, bent and battered, but not fish batter scales told me and me’s 14st 4lb.
So no change, monetary or otherwise.
Have a great week fellow scale crushers.

Dandelade

No change at 12:12, happy to be holding! Realised I’ve lost more than 10% of my body weight now, so slow is fine (gritted teeth) for the last stone.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
No change at 12:12, happy to be holding! Realised I’ve lost more than 10% of my body weight now, so slow is fine (gritted teeth) for the last stone.
As we lose weight it becomes harder to lose I found, it was a quite linear progression then flattened out toward the end. I think that probably makes sense, less weight to carry around means less exercise in a way. Well, makes sense to me anyway!

Good luck with the final push

Dandelade

As we lose weight it becomes harder to lose I found, it was a quite linear progression then flattened out toward the end. I think that probably makes sense, less weight to carry around means less exercise in a way. Well, makes sense to me anyway!

Good luck with the final push
Yes makes sense if there’s less cells that need energy! Thanks @Andydragon.

Dandelade

No change again this week. However, I taught an annual scheduled lesson about cvd and a part of it is demonstrating how to measure waist: hip. Teenage girls never want to do it so I always use myself as an example. Upshot is I measured my waist for the first time since last year and I’ve lost 8 inches! So it might have taken me 5 months to lose 23 pounds (quite modest compared to some) BUT it’s all come from my abdomen so not only noticeable but it’s from exactly the right place :)

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No change again this week. However, I taught an annual scheduled lesson about cvd and a part of it is demonstrating how to measure waist: hip. Teenage girls never want to do it so I always use myself as an example. Upshot is I measured my waist for the first time since last year and I’ve lost 8 inches! So it might have taken me 5 months to lose 23 pounds (quite modest compared to some) BUT it’s all come from my abdomen so not only noticeable but it’s from exactly the right place :)
Well done, that’s brilliant

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Back up to 76.7kg

Up and down… but not going to overly worry as I am also going to the gym, I need to feel comfortable with putting weight back on

if my clothes stop fitting… then there’s a problem

however, it’s easy to slide off the bandwagon, especially with Christmas food so onwards we go and for myself and the rest of us, if we have a bit of a slip, that’s okay, we get back up. I’m going to do my best but I’m only human

Last edited:

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
12.6 stone again this week so think thats my bodys new level which i am happy with, dont want to loose to much more weight as i am looking a bit scrawny now :)

Reactions: Dandelade

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a fan of numbers and the notion of 'my body my science project', I weigh myself every morning (I reckon that's the point of the day where you really can't game the system) and record my weight, BMI and sometimes a bit about how I'm feeling. On Wednesday this week my comment was 'WHAT DO I DO WITH MY LIFE NOW???' as my BMI had dipped below 25.

Today I've weighed in at 76.2kg and BMI of 24.88. I don't think I was very serious a couple of months ago when I was aiming for BMI of <25 by Christmas, but it seems like I've managed it. In May/June this year my BMI was around 37.

I still have more flab around my belly than I'm happy with - and waist measurement is definitely a system that I can game - so I reckon I've another few kg to lose, and especially a couple more inches from my middle. That said the wedding dress I wore 33 years ago is now loose, but the Very Posh Indeed outfit I got last time I lost a lot of weight is still tight at the waist. But blimey, if I can do it on low carb with very little feeling of 'work' or being deprived then it must be possible.

MoorT2

Weight: 78.3 kg
BMI: 25.9

Wow, into the 25's, a normal BMI feels achievable - if only my fasting sugar levels would be so compliant.

It's funny in a way, that despite losing over 35kg I feel more conscious about my remaining fat and body image now than I ever was when I was severely obese.

Andydragon

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Weight: 78.3 kg
BMI: 25.9

Wow, into the 25's, a normal BMI feels achievable - if only my fasting sugar levels would be so compliant.

It's funny in a way, that despite losing over 35kg I feel more conscious about my remaining fat and body image now than I ever was when I was severely obese.
Congratulations!
I get that. I am so happy with my achievement and for the most part I am happy but looking at the saggy bits that don’t seem to want to change makes me sad. I know I should be proud but can’t help the feels…

no one ever tells you weight loss is hard to target. Whilst it stays on my stomach, my fingers and wrists are slimmer. Which I never expected

but still… happiness!