Covid Booster Jab and blood sugars

pinkfoot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hello all.

Hope you're all well, just wanted to pass on my recent experiences to hopefully help some other members, newcomers especially.

I am now medication free (bar atorvastatin, need to shift that, time will help) and am diet controlled. My average morning fast figures are 5.4 or there abouts. I have cut out all obvious carbs and eat meat, fish, above ground veg and cheese/dairy.

My covid booster took place last Wednesday, 18-24 hrs later I noticed a rise in my blood levels and within 48-72 hrs of the jab happening I was back to normal levels.

Please don't be alarmed if your sugars rise after the booster, from what I understand it is due to your body going into 'Self Defence Mode' and gathering its forces.

Need some advice from you all myself soon about alternative breakfasts - Granola style, will pop another post up later.

All the best

Kev

1970clea

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Paleo Foods Company - can find it on the shelf in Sainsburys - do a range of nut based granola, also Rollagranola have a range of fairly edible ones - again nut based. I have used both of these, it's pricey though! I intermittent fast now which has solved the breakfast issue :)

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

sorchao

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Trying to get my Libre unstuck after 14 days
I got my booster two weeks ago today, and thankfully didn’t notice any change in my blood sugar afterwards, although I was prepared for it to happen. I had a Pfizer booster after Moderna, and the only side effect I had was a headache, similar to the first jab, and my arm was actually less sore this time. I’m taking Trulicity and have slightly shaky control of my BG, currently fasting 6s, as long as I don’t do anything stupid.