looking for sympathy

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I cant do anything about this but since I had my booster three weeks ago (pfizer) my long covid is back with a vengeance, including very sore muscles and higher blood sugar levels. I have to just weather this and reflect that its better than how bad I felt having covid in the first place, but I am feeling sorry for myself.

Hugs and sympathy welcome : )

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So sorry to hear this @lucylocket61 , I really hope your recovery is much faster than last time xx

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
In the spirit of 'misery loves company', I'm 10 days or so post-Pfizer, still have a sore arm, blood sugar still intermittently raised and sleeping appallingly. There may be other reasons for the last two but the jab is *definitely* the cause of the first.

Many hugs and good wishes <3

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi @lucylocket61. So sorry to read of your problems with COVID and the vaccines on top of your other problems. The least we onlookers can do is offer hugs, good wishes and any support this medium allows. It may not be enough but what I can I offer to coin a phrase. Same goes for all other Long Covid sufferers. Our paths haven't crossed for ages @Goonergal so hugs for you as well - upcoming NLD or not:angelic:

Last edited:

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi Lucy, yes my muscles are very sore too, even tiny muscles which I didn't know I had. It's the long haul of covid that is so very wearing isn't it? When you have an acute infection it's nasty, but at the time you think it will be short-lived... until it's not.

Hugs and sympathy and a nice cup of tea and hot water bottle to ease those pains.

Reactions: Grant_Vicat

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I know I cant do anything about this but since I had my booster three weeks ago (pfizer) my long covid is back with a vengeance, including very sore muscles and higher blood sugar levels. I have to just weather this and reflect that its better than how bad I felt having covid in the first place, but I am feeling sorry for myself.

That's a scunner @lucylocket61
You have it, hugs and sympathy. and get better soonest!!

Reactions: ianpspurs

AGC_68

Hang in there .. best of luck in getting things back to normal

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!

Oh no! Poor you :( That is really just not fair at all, after what you must have already gone through. I cannot begin to imagine how miserable you must be feeling, and I do hope you see improvements (however slight) every day. I had no idea that this could happen, although I had been told that it can keep blood glucose readings high so I've not taken mine since last week when I got my booster. Have you been in touch with your GP/Practice nurse at all to see if there is anything that could ease your symptoms for the time being? Love and gentle hugs to you xxx

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi Lucy, yes my muscles are very sore too, even tiny muscles which I didn't know I had. It's the long haul of covid that is so very wearing isn't it? When you have an acute infection it's nasty, but at the time you think it will be short-lived... until it's not.

Hugs and sympathy and a nice cup of tea and hot water bottle to ease those pains.
You suffering too @zand :( Hope you feel better very soon xx

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
In the spirit of 'misery loves company', I'm 10 days or so post-Pfizer, still have a sore arm, blood sugar still intermittently raised and sleeping appallingly. There may be other reasons for the last two but the jab is *definitely* the cause of the first.

Many hugs and good wishes <3
@Widgets I'm glad you mentioned sleep disruption, since, as a usually brilliant sleeper, I have had disturbed nights ever since my booster, and yet hadn't even thought to put the two things together!

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Widgets I'm glad you mentioned sleep disruption, since, as a usually brilliant sleeper, I have had disturbed nights ever since my booster, and yet hadn't even thought to put the two things together!

I can explain disrupted sleep with a couple of other factors, but it's been very obvious since the booster. And my arm still blooming hurts when I put any pressure on it at all. Not all ouchy all the time, but noticeable just enough to be annoying.

KennyA

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

Sorry to hear this. If it's any consolation a lot of young fit people I know are reporting feeling awful after the third jab, so it seems to be a common thing. Best wishes.