How to ease your diabetic life

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi. If you want to reduce on your blood sugar it's advisable to
Consider steeping a cup of green tea, which contains 28 milligrams of caffeine atleast everyday.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise increases insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles use blood sugar for movement. This can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
So please do exercises daily

Reactions: Bash_

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Your profile says you are T1 and diet controlled. Don't you use insulin at all?

Type 1 and medication is green tea...

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Seriously though for some of us exercise is not an option and we have to find other ways to control the beast that is diabetes.

sorry did not mean to be rude so welcome to the forum good to see you here.

Reactions: lucylocket61

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
Hi. If you want to reduce on your blood sugar it's advisable to
Consider steeping a cup of green tea, which contains 28 milligrams of caffeine atleast everyday.

Not for type 1 diabetes - however do you have this condition yourself ?

Bash_

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Celery
I would if I could but I can't so I won't.

Seriously though for some of us exercise is not an option and we have to find other ways to control the beast that is diabetes.

sorry did not mean to be rude so welcome to the forum good to see you here.
Hi John

Exercise um, I understand your frustration, but if you can lift something or carry anything it exercises muscles, do enough and you get a slight loss of breath that's the target. Climb the stairs (if you have any) just do it slower you'll surprise yourself.
Beast agreed, but if we tame it we live healthier and longer, that's a plan can we agree my friend.

Best wishes M

Reactions: Bubbleblower

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi John

Exercise um, I understand your frustration, but if you can lift something or carry anything it exercises muscles, do enough and you get a slight loss of breath that's the target. Climb the stairs (if you have any) just do it slower you'll surprise yourself.
Beast agreed, but if we tame it we live healthier and longer, that's a plan can we agree my friend.

Best wishes M
Oh dear. Some of us simply cannot exercise. We have other conditions that make exercise impossible. It's very frustrating to not be believed.

Reactions: lucylocket61

sno0opy

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Given that the current WHO reported rates in China for diabetes is some where in the 10% range (I'm only using a paper i found on the internet so I cant claim this is especially scientific.) The point being, there are plenty of diabetics in China.

Combine that with the fact that Chinas consumption of green tea is ~300g per person on average (China consumes ~50% of green tea production in the world, im not generalizing/being racist its like stating English people drink "breakfast" tea - because on average they do)

It suggests that drinking green tea does not protect you from Diabetes.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Exercise increases insulin sensitivity and helps your muscles use blood sugar for movement. This can lead to reduced blood sugar levels.
Your profile says you are type 1 but your treatment is diet only. As that is unlikely, you might want to correct the information.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I cant exercise. HOwever, I have sucessfully controlled my type 2 blood sugar levels for over a decade now by using a low carb diet. The correct diet, for a type 2, is the essential element, although some exercise is also beneficial if possible.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi John

Best wishes M
Exercise is not possible for me.

I have successfully controlled my type 2 blood sugar levels for over a decade now by using a low carb diet. The correct diet, for a type 2, is the essential element, although some exercise is also beneficial if possible.

KK123

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I happen to exercise a lot, nothing to do with my diabetes. There is nothing worse than someone preaching to someone else. Nobody needs to justify what they do or don't do or give any reason whatsoever. It's as bad as people giving us advice on 'how to manage your diabetes'.

(Edited to add....giving us advice outside of what we are asking for on this site of course).

Last edited:
Reactions: OrsonKartt

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Hi John

Best wishes M
Please google myasthenia gravis before making assumptions about what is possible for me and what is not.

Myasthenia gravis (my-us-THEE-nee-uh GRAY-vis) is characterized by weakness and rapid fatigue of any of the muscles under your voluntary control. It's caused by a breakdown in the normal communication between nerves and muscles. There's no cure for myasthenia gravis, but treatment can help relieve signs and symptoms, such as weakness of arm or leg muscles, double vision, drooping eyeli…

Myasthenic crisis
Myasthenic crisis is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the muscles that control breathing become too weak to work. Emergency treatment and mechanical assistance with breathing are needed. Medications and blood-filtering therapies help people to again breathe on their own.

Prednisolone a drug therapy for the above induces diabetes and that is why I am here.

Last edited:

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi everybody.
I've merged this topic with two others. Thus tidying up.

Hello @inyaliojeremiah ,

Welcome to the forum.

Feel free to tell us a little more about your diabetes & management style.?

Reactions: JohnEGreen and Pipp

Ushthetaff

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mountain out of mole hill makers ,queues , crowds , shopping on a Saturday hmm just shopping I guess no matter what day it is
It’s a myth that exercise lowers blood sugar , it’s all to do with the type of exercise you do , some exercise, actually increases bs due to liver dump , I remember when they tried to give me a hypo when I was in hospital when first diagnosed in 1979 sent me to the gym failed to have a hypo ,and I remember them saying “ I don’t understand it” shows how far treatment and knowledge has come

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
Please google myasthenia gravis before making assumptions about what is possible for me and what is not.

Myasthenia gravis (my-us-THEE-nee-uh GRAY-vis) is characterized by weakness and rapid fatigue of any of the muscles under your voluntary control. It's caused by a breakdown in the normal communication between nerves and muscles. There's no cure for myasthenia gravis, but treatment can help relieve signs and symptoms, such as weakness of arm or leg muscles, double vision, drooping eyeli…

Myasthenic crisis
Myasthenic crisis is a life-threatening condition that occurs when the muscles that control breathing become too weak to work. Emergency treatment and mechanical assistance with breathing are needed. Medications and blood-filtering therapies help people to again breathe on their own.

Prednisolone a drug therapy for the above induces diabetes and that is why I am here.

Thank you for the hugs but I was not looking for sympathy though it's always welcome, I was trying to clarify and make the point that when people say that exercise is not an option they are often speaking the literal truth and for them no amount of determination or will power will count for much I am not the only person on this forum who has MG and there are others with equally disabling conditions and as has been said often you cannot outrun a bad diet.