Type 1'stars R Us

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Nicola M the fact you feel over the worst is great, so look on the bright side you will have good immunity. Hope the taste and smell comes back for Christmas.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi karen8967,good day to you an Tommy,have you finished your Xmas shopping yet
We have nearly finished clive few bits and bobs for the grandkids then all done hope you and molly are well xx cant put proper tree up as we have a 4 month old kitten who would absolutely wreck it so have bought a little 3ft tabletop one which she has already been all over it ,she is getting nuetered tomorrow so will have a lampshade on for 10 days so will decorate it while she is at the vets ...i shall hang kemons on it to keeo her away but dont hokd out much hope

Reactions: Marie 2 and hh1

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, not been around much, busy with stuff, now grounded a bit as my dog was spayed on Thursday - hope your kitten cost less than my dog @karen8967! I need to go back to regular walking tomorrow even though she can't; it does me no good at all to be inactive but it's hard to persuade myself to go out when it's cold and wet and there's no four-legged friend nagging me....

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, not been around much, busy with stuff, now grounded a bit as my dog was spayed on Thursday - hope your kitten cost less than my dog @karen8967! I need to go back to regular walking tomorrow even though she can't; it does me no good at all to be inactive but it's hard to persuade myself to go out when it's cold and wet and there's no four-legged friend nagging me....
Its not cheap hh1 she is costing £140,but its better than her having kittens

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Its not cheap hh1 she is costing £140,but its better than her having kittens
I agree, but I think mine should've had puppies to pay for her op - £380 and counting! Still, I knew what I was getting into when I got her, and I wouldn't be without her. At least she's not having to do the same as your kitten - no cone of shame here, she has a body suit which I gather is quite common now, and she's behaving remarkably well - so far!

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
Over here spaying is pretty expensive, we payed 450 pounds (600 dollars)for a 3.2 stone (45 pound) dog. Since this was a stray we could have turned her over to the Humane Society for a hold for us only to adopt and they would take care of it and chipping for the adoption fee. They also have a low cost clinic to get it done cheaper. Lol, but since we donate to them so they can provide those services at a discount it didn't seem like the route to take. We seem to have a shortage of vets here really. Back in Calif all vet services were much cheaper and spaying was usually a lot lower cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Clivethedrive

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Up and at em and to pool early. Trying to get 3 swims in on the trot as pool shuts for a month on Wednesday. Transfer to using solar panels. Which is good, but I shall miss going.

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Goid morning everyone
FB_IMG_1639301755135.jpg

hh1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, had a phone call (as promised) from the diabetes nurse at my surgery to see how I'm getting on having altered the timing of my morning Lantus. The aim was to stop a pre-lunch spike and it's worked; her suggestion, so I'm really pleased with that. I'm so lucky to have her; knowledgeable, understanding, kind, and utterly reliable, and if I need anything, I just email and she gets back to me in no time. I wish that all T1s got such great service, I know how lucky I am :happy:

Reactions: karen8967

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I got my new range on Saturday and it was "installed" today. They unboxed it outside and it's got a dent on the side at the bottom, a small one on the back, and the bottom storage drawer is bent slightly back. Everything on the sides and back is hidden from view, the front, you can't really tell unless you look for it. But it's a brand new stove. I am going to see if I can get them to send a new storage drawer out. And they might give a small credit for the other cosmetic damage.

I was told to look at it before they brought it inside and refuse it if it was damaged too much, but if it was minor to call for some kind of credit. . There was no way I was going to refuse it as we have to order everything here. This range only took 6 weeks to come, but who knows when a new one would come. And with the chip shortage now that might cause additional time. Some people wait 6-12 months for appliances (we are waiting 3 months so far for a freezer).

So I promptly was going to bake a tofurky and sliced my finger trying to get the very thick shrink wrap off that's around it off. I have always hated that wrap lol............... I created a flap, so I grabbed my cayenne and poured and then squeezed tight. I have it wrapped with gauze now and will keep an eye on it. It's not my first time in cutting myself pretty good.

But I'm still excited I got a new stove! We couldn't use the oven on the old one since we moved here and I finally got around to replacing it. I am so used to adapting everything to a microwave or toaster oven and it will be interesting adapting back. Besides I want to bake some cupcakes!

Last edited:
Reactions: karen8967 and RVW

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
I got my new range on Saturday and it was "installed" today. They unboxed it outside and it's got a dent on the side at the bottom, a small one on the back, and the bottom storage drawer is bent slightly back. Everything on the sides and back is hidden from view, the front, you can't really tell unless you look for it. But it's a brand new stove. I am going to see if I can get them to send a new storage drawer out. And they might give a small credit for the other cosmetic damage.

I was told to look at it before they brought it inside and refuse it if it was damaged too much, but if it was minor to call for some kind of credit. . There was no way I was going to refuse it as we have to order everything here. This range only took 6 weeks to come, but who knows when a new one would come. And with the chip shortage now that might cause additional time. Some people wait 6-12 months for appliances (we are waiting 3 months so far for a freezer).

So I promptly was going to bake a tofurky and sliced my finger trying to get the very thick shrink wrap off that's around it off. I have always hated that wrap lol............... I created a flap, so I grabbed my cayenne and poured and then squeezed tight. I have it wrapped with gauze now and will keep an eye on it. It's not my first time in cutting myself pretty good.

But I'm still excited I got a new stove! We couldn't use the oven on the old one since we moved here and I finally got around to replacing it. I am so used to adapting everything to a microwave or toaster oven and it will be interesting adapting back. Besides I want to bake some cupcakes!

IMG_2193.jpg
try these

Reactions: Marie 2

RVW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all, i finally got my booster jab yesterday, got given the Moderna and it has made me feel abit under the weather, don’t know if i’ll last a full day at work today.

Reactions: Clivethedrive