What are you doing now and humorous banter.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi folks

Hope you're all well as can be expected.

A few days off the big day and then hopefully things will be back to normal. I dont really have much festive spirit this year but I'll find it when the kids are here and opening pressies.

I've not been mentally well. But I have good family and they help me through.

Physically I've gone and lost 2 1/2 stone since June so happy with that. Hoping I wont put too much on over Christmas but I intend to enjoy myself and fix the weight gain in the New Year. I do hope come the New Year I will be going downhill and losing up to another 4 stone, then I will re-assess any extra. As a result of diet, exercise and weight loss I have reversed my diabetes and I am no longer in the range where I need monitoring. I'm sure I will have the odd test once a year to check but I dont mind that. My HBa1C was in the high 30's.

I have a busy few days ahead of me. I guess most of us do. I am babysitting the girls on Wednesday evening as mommy off for a meal with partner. I also on Wednesday have my youngest daughter and the baby here for a few hours. It got too cold and too busy to go 'shopping' so we bring them here and we have a few hours chatting, eating and playing with baby.

My youngest granddaughter's father has passed from sepsis brought on by covid. He was 38. Such a shame. This covid thing has affected so many of us.

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to you all

Reactions: catinahat

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
@wolfie11969
Sorry your up against it,hope your getting good support from your family,congrats on your weight loss and the positive effects on your diabetes.
Sad to hear of the death of granddaughter’s father.
Here’s to a great Christmas and a better new year.
Our kitchen is finally finished
IMG_2210.jpg
IMG_2209.jpg
IMG_2211.jpg
IMG_2208.jpg
I’m sure yours will be finished soon an soon

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Well done Wolfie on your weight loss. Sorry to hear your granddaughter's father has died. I hope your mental health improves soon, good that you've got supportive family. Take care and hope that next year is a better year for you.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well done Wolfie on your weight loss. Sorry to hear your granddaughter's father has died. I hope your mental health improves soon, good that you've got supportive family. Take care and hope that next year is a better year for you.

ty.
I am lucky I have people around that recognise the signs when I'm poorly.
Next year will be a better year for most of us because maybe there will be some resolution to this covid situation, fingers crossed.

Merry Christmas to you, or Happy Holidays if you prefer

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well we're nearly a week into the New Year. I hope people are well.

Granddaughter was fine all over Christmas wwith her bloods but now she's back in school there are issues. My daughter has asked that the local diabetic team train me how to do the wee one's pump as with dad passing away she feels there is no-one to take over if mommy cant be there. So I've phoned the hospital but as it is on lockdown I cant see them wanting me to go in until the lockdown is over..

I havent done much with my days. Tried the out of town shopping park yesterday and bought some clothes for the wee one. Hoping they fit and the pump can be comfortable over them.

Off out tomorrow with my youngest daughter and the baby. Off shopping as my daughter needs clothes. I'll be on baby minding duty while she skips off to the changing rooms.

Look after yourselves

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'd have thought it would be considered essential for your granddaughter's health, that if it was at all possible, that there were 2 people who knew how to operate her pump. Could one of the team not come to see you at home, or your daughters home, or do the training via zoom etc, if they don't want you in the hospital.

Hope your granddaughter's clothes fit and are comfortable. Enjoy shopping tomorrow :)

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I'd have thought it would be considered essential for your granddaughter's health, that if it was at all possible, that there were 2 people who knew how to operate her pump. Could one of the team not come to see you at home, or your daughters home, or do the training via zoom etc, if they don't want you in the hospital.

Hope your granddaughter's clothes fit and are comfortable. Enjoy shopping tomorrow :)

To be honest I'm only surmising they dont want people in the hospital at the moment. The receptionist said they have received my call so should be in touch with me with whatever plans they have. We shall see what happens. I hope it's soon so takes a bit of pressure off my daughter. My husband, ie dad and grandad, can do a few of the things associated with the diabetes but because shes a wee girl he doesnt want to be responsible for the pump due to where it goes on the body (strange man lol)

Reactions: Hopeful34

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well another week more dilemmas.

Issues for both the adult girls. One facing homelessness, other has post natal depression. Doing what we can, where we can. Looks like eldest daughter's family will be split up so eldest grandaughter coming here and daughter and youngest granddaughter going to other relatives. We dont have room for all of them as we only have a single bedroom free and most of that has been used for a junk room, aka library aka laundry room.

We have my youngest daughter and baby here today so going to take some pressure off and look after the nipper whilst daughter gets some rest.

All has its toll and I guess I picked the wrong time to start reducing my medication. We shall see.

On a plus note baby is now trying solid food so here's fingers crossed it goes well.

And eldest granddaughter looking forward to a couple of days trip to France with the school, covid allowing.

Keeping fingers crossed they can start our kitchen on 31st, but again covid permitting. We've waited long enough so hopefully it will go through.

I hope all and sundry are keeping well.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Am really sorry things are so difficult for you, and am sending hugs. Hope you don't have any problems with the reduced medication, and that you can get into a new routine. Both these situations are complex, and to face both at once must be exhausting. Your daughters are fortunate to have a caring mum, who is doing all she can to support them.

Take care, and remember to look after yourself. xx

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Am really sorry things are so difficult for you, and am sending hugs. Hope you don't have any problems with the reduced medication, and that you can get into a new routine. Both these situations are complex, and to face both at once must be exhausting. Your daughters are fortunate to have a caring mum, who is doing all she can to support them.

Take care, and remember to look after yourself. xx

ty Im very lucky cus I have a good hubby who is very good at keeping me on the straight and narrow. He's also good at finding the legal stuff needed for eldest daughter and the homelessness.

Youngest daughter he looks after baby so mom can rest. We had fun yesterday playing with the wee one.

All in all humans are good at adapting so I know hubby has my back. We shall soldier on and hopefully come summer will have resolutons to both situations.

Ty for replying, I also have found this board good for sounding off so I dont put too much pressure on hubby, after all my health issues, and his own are enough to contend with and then family life on top.

Reactions: Hopeful34

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Glad you've got a supportive husband, that's always a big help.

Just wondered if you'd got any further with having pump training, to be a backup for your granddaughter, if your daughter's not available?

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Glad you've got a supportive husband, that's always a big help.

Just wondered if you'd got any further with having pump training, to be a backup for your granddaughter, if your daughter's not available?

Not yet. I know my daughter will be going to the diabetic team soon so I'm sure she will chase it up and find out if there is a delay and why.

My daughter could train me but I'd prefer to do it with the dummy they use rather than my granddaughter being used as a pincushion.

Granddaughter hass had some extensive blood tests to check for other underlying disorders such as lupus, caeliac etc.

Ty for your support

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Well after 2 weeks of mayhem I finally have a working kitchen. There are a couple of snags they have to come and redo before it can be passed off and they get paid but it was good to have a home cooked meal last night. Here's to tonight and a good old Sunday roast tomorrow. The little things eh?

I hope everyone is keeping well. Boards have been pretty quiet for a while now and I feel like I'm alone in a sea of internet lol.

Havent done much with workmen being in and out. I did manage a couple of trips to retail park with my youngest and the baby, who is now 6 months old.

My youngest grandaughter 'demanded' I go to see her as she had a present for me. She had got mommy to buy some hyacinths in a pot so she will be surprised when she comes tomorrow and sees how much they have grown. No colour yet so having a bet with her as to what colour they come out.

Hubby, the old romantic, decided to book a trip away for Valentines Day so we're off to Tenerife at start of March. I guess he got a good deal. SOme sunshine in this ever going coldness. It's freezing here today, we have high winds, cold temperatures and squally rain. Both the men going out tonight so I hope it calms down for them

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
Great to hear your kitchen is finished…who cooked 1st meal?
Hubby is doing well looking after you and family sounds like a good time to go away too
Yep kids and grandkids can be very demanding can’t they but I bet you would not change them
How is your daughter coping?
I have had a bad cold and shingles across the left side of my scalp very painful never knew it could be so sore like blisters then scabs continuous pain like electric shock was very difficult to lay down and sleep…think I’m nearing end of this outbreak,bigup to our health clinic they saw me straight away when I described the pus filled rashes and put me on anti virals , think that stopped it getting worse , anyway have not been able to work last 7 days,hoping to get back to work Monday

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Things here are Ok. It's half term and my eldest has had a small op so we're on babysitting duties. The youngest granddaughter always wants to play teachers so it's like writing lines when you have been naughty.

Eldest granddaughter has yet another phone as she broke her contract one again. Everyone around has refused to give her money to have it repaired as it has been repaired three times now and the contract isnt due up until next year.

Grandson doing well. He's having little tastes of food which he seems to enjoy. He is due tomorrow with my daughter.

Son having his first tattoo tomorrow. Should be nteresting as he doesnt have the best pain threshold.

Hubby fine, I'm fine. Passing the days reading and cleaning.

Off to Tenerife in a weeks time. Sun yeah.

Anyone heard from @Cumberland ?

Clivethedrive

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Jogging
T2 just been advised by my diabetes nurse to try ozempic it’s anew diabetic injection once a week….it’s not insulin..going to give it a go