borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Racism, Sexism, Homophobia
wiflib said:
Borofergie, try it. After all, butter is just over-whipped cream. The Italians have it in espresso.

I will wifi. Shocking people by eating fat with everything is one of the best things about being a diabetic!

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a double espresso girl all the way - as to the butter my older italians relatives do that - they also add a tiny pinch of salt - I like the salt but not the butter! - if I have overdosed on the caffiene I may have black earl grey or a lady grey tea.

The only time I have any milk is if I am shopping and getting low readings I have a costa light with 2 extra shots (it's like warm milk otherwise :sick: ) -

SparkJack

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love coffee especially COSTA coffee. Drink it strong and black. AF seems unaffected as yet. I drink the odd glass of water and el vino too.

whatdoesthisbuttondo

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Around 10 cups of builders tea...........orange and strong enough to stand the spoon up by itself.
I'm an engineer and cover a plant that is a mile long, has a furnace at one end and a cold warehouse at the other so I usually need rehydrating or warming up depending on which part of the plant Im in!

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi all.
Its 2 "strong" cups of coffee in the mornings for me with flora proactive milk in these.
This gets me 'awake' :p then at lunchtime I have either sugarfree vimto with diet lemonade or hot lemon [made with hot boiled water and loads of fresh lemon slices !!! ]
Rest of the day its " these only " till evening , then I switch to aldi's diet tonic water again with lemon slices in !
Find this a great thirst quencer... :thumbup: [find I use a full lemon per day ]
I can't take to tea or wines or spirits at all ....
If am freezing will have the occassional horlicks lite malted milk drink [ this does spike me tho! ] so it IS only used
occassionally to warm me up!
Anyone else got a drink that spikes them too ? :?:
Anna.x :D

lister

Dislikes
people with no sense of humor rude people (being 50 lol)
coffee every chance espresso/latte/cappuchino/cafe creme.sweetened with sweetener
can not drink tea as it upsets my tum.
drink lots of diet unsugared fizzy :D

Defren

wiflib said:
Pre-D it was always Earl Grey with a splash of skimmed and two sweeteners.

Now it's mug after mug of coffee with double cream and two sweeteners. For breakfast I also put a knob of butter in it as I simply can't eat in the mornings.

wiflib

Pre and post diabetes it's Earl Grey for me. No sugar or sweetner and a splash of soya milk. The bergamont in EG is supposed to be good for you. I read an article in the press last week, can't remember why it's good for you though :oops:

Glados

Dislikes
Courgettes.
Very weak tea, two sweeteners and a splash of skimmed milk. Every couple of days I have a cup of coffee (weak) but I usually avoid it, because I have it on good authority (I have no sense of smell myself) that coffee makes my breath reek. :cry:

sofabeds

Glados said:
Very weak tea, two sweeteners and a splash of skimmed milk. Every couple of days I have a cup of coffee (weak) but I usually avoid it, because I have it on good authority (I have no sense of smell myself) that coffee makes my breath reek. :cry:
yes i have also the same issue...

claymic

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
to avoid effects on BG i drink decaf coffee with unsweetened soya milk....i am quite happy with it. i love drinking water but i do need some fizziness as well so i always keep diet coke or sugar free lemonade

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
wiflib said:
Now it's mug after mug of coffee with double cream and two sweeteners. For breakfast I also put a knob of butter in it as I simply can't eat in the mornings.

Coffee with sweetener, cream and butter :shock: You shouldnt put anything in coffee except another shot of coffee, you'll be telling me to put water in my Scotch next :wink:

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
No Sid. The only thing you should put in Scotch is lemonade, silly.

wiflib

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
wiflib said:
No Sid. The only thing you should put in Scotch is lemonade, silly.

I'm going to try your butter in the coffee thing wiflib. I heard Jimmy Moore talking about "bullet-proof coffee" (with butter in it) on one of his podcasts and how a single cup keeps some low-carbers fuelled until lunchtime.

Do you use unsalted butter?

Stephen

wiflib

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love president french butter preferably the salted kind , but it's hard to find. I had a bit of a panic buy in Waitrose yesterday. They had quite a large stock of it at £1.20 and that's cheap. Lurpak and even some own brands are more expensive so I filled my trolley with *a lot* :angel:

When it comes to my coffee, it's whatever I've got open but I do think the salted is better.

Did you like it Stephen?

wiflib

borofergie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
wiflib said:
Did you like it Stephen?

Mmmmmmmm salty coffee!!!

I like it more than regular coffee. The buttery bit is fine. It's just the coffee bit that I'm not keen on.

xyzzy

Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Undeserving authority figures of all kinds and idiots.
borofergie said:
wiflib said:
Did you like it Stephen?

Mmmmmmmm salty coffee!!!

I like it more than regular coffee. The buttery bit is fine. It's just the coffee bit that I'm not keen on.

Couldn't resist. Made with unsalted as that's all we have and it's actually rather pleasant. Thanks!

Defren

lovinglife said:
I am a double espresso girl all the way - as to the butter my older italians relatives do that - they also add a tiny pinch of salt - I like the salt but not the butter! - if I have overdosed on the caffiene I may have black earl grey or a lady grey tea.

The only time I have any milk is if I am shopping and getting low readings I have a costa light with 2 extra shots (it's like warm milk otherwise :sick: ) -

I only drink Earl Grey tea, quite weak and black. I used to have a splash of milk, but prefer it black now. Also starting today, I shall be having a couple of G&T's in the evening.