Complication as soon got diabetes

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys iv been diabetic for sometime I realised now that pretty much after getting it within the same year I started developing complications weirdly. Not sure exactly why Does anyone else here after getting diabetes get any complications regulardless of good control etc?.

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi any complications in general that's associated with bad control. I know like soon after I got diabetes iv always had problems with going toilet diahoria etc.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Reactions: In Response

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi any complications in general that's associated with bad control. I know like soon after I got diabetes iv always had problems with going toilet diahoria etc.
Diarrhoea is not a general complication of diabetes.
Ar you on any tablets as well as insulin?

static192

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sorry I mean after becoming diabetic I started having diahoria I didn't recognise it thought it was nothing but I have it frequently I suffer from diahoria yes for past 20 years and realised for unknown reason my body doesn't break down sugar or simple carbs properly so like normal sugar doesn't cause my blood to change or go up. However My body does respond to complex which is pretty scary thinking about this issue even diabetic and non diabetic point of view this isn't normal. And never heard of this as being a side effect or complication of diabetes. Lol When I told my doctor he didn't take it seriously and kinda laughed at the problem mentioning that my body is unable to digest normal simple carbs sugar than I saw a different doctor and he believed me about this. Just been trying to find other people who may have this problem or similar to what i have as of yet I haven't found another diabetic with this problem.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Sorry I mean after becoming diabetic I started having diahoria I didn't recognise it thought it was nothing but I have it frequently I suffer from diahoria yes for past 20 years and realised for unknown reason my body doesn't break down sugar or simple carbs properly so like normal sugar doesn't cause my blood to change or go up
I answered your thread from a couple of months back that you had severe constipation, now it's severe diarrhoea, I am totally confused now.

Hi guys I have been suffering from severe constipation for a long time I know it's proberly a subject most people don't want to talk about but does anyone else here suffer from severe constipation?. If so do you know anything you could recommend that helps?. Thanks

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/threads/severe-constipation.183949/

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi guys iv been diabetic for sometime I realised now that pretty much after getting it within the same year I started developing complications weirdly. Not sure exactly why Does anyone else here after getting diabetes get any complications regulardless of good control etc?.
Do you have any diabetic complications too? You ask about diabetic complications but then it's about diarrhoea, which isn't a diabetic complication, so I'm not really sure what you want to ask about.

Can you explain your question a bit more?

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I recently read that some people who have been diagnosed with IBS are in fact coeliacs. Have you ever been tested for coeliac disease? Like T1 it's an autoimmune disease..

Last edited:

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi. I agree that diarrhea is not a diabetes complication but something else to do with your body's metabolism. I'm assuming the obvious that you aren't taking Metformin. My consultant recently gave me various tests for auto-immunity as my C-peptide test didn't show I was a full T1 but my BS behaviour does (we've agreed I am in effect T1). Have you had various tests to try to determine the metabolic issue?

Reactions: ert