FLibre Iphone not scanning very well

TimLibre

Merry xmas to all! Lately my iphone SE 2020 has really not been too eager to scan my freestlye libre. Sometimes i have to try twice. Or even exit the app and then revisit it and try again until it finally makes a scan. I noticed it gets worse when iphone is in energy saving mode.

Any others experiencing the same and any solutions?

StewM

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Merry xmas to all! Lately my iphone SE 2020 has really not been too eager to scan my freestlye libre. Sometimes i have to try twice. Or even exit the app and then revisit it and try again until it finally makes a scan. I noticed it gets worse when iphone is in energy saving mode.

Any others experiencing the same and any solutions?
Yeah, I’ve always experienced this issue. It was actually a bit worse on my old Galaxy S5. Not really sure the cause.

TimLibre

Alarms still working and i notice the % of time withinrange gets updates through bluetooth in my iphone app. But still no possibility to scan. Im startin to wonder if it might be due to an ios update or a problem woth my phone. I really have to try 3 times just to get an ‘error’ scan. Almost like t nfc has been weakened or spmething.
No one else experiencing this issue wirh libre app on iphone?

barrym

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
If your TIR is being updated that would suggest it's getting the data. Which is odd. Could it be it just isn't displaying it?? Have you checked LibreView? If that has the data, then the phone must have it too.

It would be interesting to download from LibreView to see how much data is actually there.

I'm not an iPhone user (yet) just curious.

TimLibre

Did some research and found many iphone users having the same problem, as it seems due to the nfc chip breaking down: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252721492?login=true

Called Apple and they did a diagnose of my phone, but they couldnt detect a defect with the nfc antenna. Now they recommended to go back to default fabric settings. Doubt this will help, but probably will have to do it in order to get a warranty repair or replacement.

Put on a new sensor and started it with the libre reader. Old sensor is also still on my arm and sending alarms to my phone through bluetooth (but cant be read/scanned). I’m Leaving the old sensor on as it is pretty convenient to get repeated alarms until your bg is actually back within range.
(Normally the alarms stop after making a scan, leaving the risk that you remain out of range for quite a long period without being warned by an alarm. As this old sensor cannot be scanned, it continues to give alarms until bg is back in range. Repeated alarms as an option would be a great addition to the libre app)