FreeStyle libre and hcp

thewestiesmum

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Does everybody who uses the freestyle libre have it linked up via the Libreview to their hcp?

sleepster

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I do. When I got the libre, from the info I got sent about it (this was last year) from my clinic I got the impression it wasn't optional. I don't share with my GP, just the hospital clinic. If I self-funded it might be a different matter, not sure though :D

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
If I self-funded it might be a different matter, not sure though :D

If they want you to share your readings, maybe they should share the cost ...
Having said that, I guess you'd want them to have the readings if that would improve your care.

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yes I do. It was a condition of getting it funded by the NHS that the hospital endo team had access to it. Like sleepster, I don't share with my gp surgery. However, the letter that goes to the gp following a clinic appointment shows time in range etc taken from Libre info.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Actually, whilst I was self funding the DSN from the clinic sent me a request to view. "Oh, you got one of those..." She exclaimed when I responded to the question, "how many times a day do you test?" (I still use my meter too.)
I accepted the request..
She realy didn't seem to know what she was looking at? Then I got turned down by the endo for the Libre funding..
I didn't see the point being "tracked" at my expense anymore. DSN got "unfriended."
Cheeky, I know...

Fast forward another year.. My endo let me have them on script after he asked what I did for a living. At the time I was upto my elbows in chicken carcasses on an egg farm. We both agreed "bloodletting was inapropriate.." ;) (The only work I could find outdoors, alone during covid.)

I recently had a consultation by phone with a new DSN. Not long after the phone call, (Yep, she was self isolating.) I had a Libreview share email request... After pretty much telling me there is nothing she could do for me until things in my life change like giving up my new job in engineering production. She can't offer anything else.

That's fine, she's still waiting on her request.. I'm happy working in a "normal life" for me, getting the balance right for myself in another new job with what I got as an employed taxpayer..
The tools I currently get prescribed & use don't technically come "free." & anyone on hard times that gets NHS prescribed? I'm happy to continue to contribute on their behalf..

Oddly, I've had no "conditions" set regarding my prescribed libres. The endo also mentioned to my GP, I needed no training with them either.. Just, be a good fellow. & put them on repeat."

I kid you not.

Reactions: Marie 2 and Antje77

searley

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Diabetes, not having Jaffa Cake
When I got funded for libre it was one of the terms of getting it provided to link to the hcp as this allows them to see its being used properly and you are confirming to the rules of funding

However I don't think the ever looked at it