What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh @Krystyna23040
I'm so very sorry.
I am glad your sister is allowed to visit.
xx
@gennepher a small glimmer of hope this evening. When my sister had the phone call this morning from the hospital they told her they were stopping all treatment and he would be having palliative care only. The doctor was to talk her through it this afternoon.

He started to rally this afternoon and they resumed treatment. She had a lovely visit with him and we are all hoping and praying that he continues to improve.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning and happy new year!

Hope everyone had a wonderful night. I just spent it with hubby and my mum over at the in laws place. We had nibblies of cheese salami dips etc I need to get back on track as I want to lose another 40 kg this year (so far I've lost 45kg since July 2021) but I can't seem to shift this Christmas kilo gain lol

6am fbg was 4.9.

@Krystyna23040 I hope your BIL makes a speedy recovery!
Thank you @Jojo85 . By the way - brilliant fbg.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Hello dunhelm I haven’t strayed too far from the path of proteins and veg but find I cannot tolerate carbs after many years type2 even the smallest amount pushes my glucose levels up. And we are supposed to eat some carbs aren’t we???
@Granny_grump_ I can't tolerate carbs either after many years of undiagnosed T2. You ask if we are supposed to eat some carbs but actually I don't think carbs are essential as are protein and fat.

Reactions: jjraak

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hello and Good Morning Karen long time since we got together on here but lovely to hear from you. Hope your keeping well during these troubling times, I plucked up the courage to go out for a lunch with my husband yesterday it was a little daunting to see so many people in one place but we were socially distanced, I soon forgot about other and we had a lovely lunch.
Has it was our first lunch in over 20 months it felt like normal but it wasn’t if you know what I mean, will try it again maybe next week but it didn’t do my blood sugars any good.
My fasting bloods @4am this morning was 9mmol my meter is not new like me getting on:joyful:
Im fine thanks and im glad you and your hubby got to go for lunch out,your numbers will get there in time especially with some encouragement from the group,hope you and grandad grump have a great new year and plenty more lunches out xx

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Happy new year everyone love hugs and prayers to all who need them xx
FB_IMG_1640991265756.jpg

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Just wishing you all a safe, healthy and happy 2022 and sending hugs and positive thoughts to those who are struggling atm. :)

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher a small glimmer of hope this evening. When my sister had the phone call this morning from the hospital they told her they were stopping all treatment and he would be having palliative care only. The doctor was to talk her through it this afternoon.

He started to rally this afternoon and they resumed treatment. She had a lovely visit with him and we are all hoping and praying that he continues to improve.
I was hoping and praying he would somehow come through @Krystyna23040
I hope this continues

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
5.6 for me have good day everyone
Heres to a better year for everyone happy new year

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year! Been a while, I know.
As some of you know the fallout in 2021 was financially and mentally challenging. the route to recovery on both fronts is underway but it is gonna take a while.

Still at the BBC as a freelancer and have been fortunate enough to pick up shifts and have started another tennis content writing gig.

Have taken on two lodgers and late mum’s bungalow has new tenants but still isn’t up to full strength rent because of various repairs but slowly I am beginning to repay “me” the money I invested in the business.

I lost all motivation for my own sports site last year and gradually am getting that back.

More importantly, have distanced myself from a couple of people who could never reciprocate the time I gave them in their hours of need.

I had friends help me financially and I still struggle with the shame of having found myself in that position…

Hopefully new sensor going in on Monday so will see how the sugars are looking.

Looking forward to being part of the group again

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
As some of you know the fallout in 2021 was financially and mentally challenging. the route to recovery on both fronts is underway but it is gonna take a while.

Still at the BBC as a freelancer and have been fortunate enough to pick up shifts and have started another tennis content writing gig.

Have taken on two lodgers and late mum’s bungalow has new tenants but still isn’t up to full strength rent because of various repairs but slowly I am beginning to repay “me” the money I invested in the business.

I lost all motivation for my own sports site last year and gradually am getting that back.

More importantly, have distanced myself from a couple of people who could never reciprocate the time I gave them in their hours of need.

I had friends help me financially and I still struggle with the shame of having found myself in that position…

Happy New Year @RFSMarch

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Happy New Year one and all. I'm not sure JKP appreciated the fireworks which were let off hereabouts since she finds sleep very difficult these days due to back and hip pain. I was good to go by 5.00 am, saw to the dogs, took her some tea and left her to sleep. We were tucked up in bed by 10.20 nothing stronger than Assam all day. However you chose to mark the end of 2021 I hope it worked as planned and you kept yourself and everyone else safe. Good news about your BIL @Krystyna23040 your sister must have been uplifted. Enjoy Sheringham Park and the less watery conditions. Our youngest son, his wife and two young children have all tested positive for C. We carried out a mercy mission to deliver nappies, calpol, ice lollies for granddaughter, box of beer for dad:banghead:. We will probably see off the turkey today. I have thoroughly enjoyed the cold, low fat, high protein meat far more than the hot, often just snacking on some. No "pressure" of how to turn a well loved beautiful symphony of a meal into something Elsie compliant that isn’t jarringly discordant on the palate. I know not my fbg - the Swipey sleeps tonight - and for a while since I have a couple of important checks on this decaying body in which my brain is trapped. Deep and meaningful :D lyrics attached @gennepher

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-01 08.20.01.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-01 08.20.01.png
    28.7 KB · Views: 39

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only

I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I am delighted to see you back and to hear such positive news. Everyone needs a Rosington Bear ( 1 s or two?) in their lives even though some people seem, from your post, wholly unable to appreciate the finer things in life. As the 3 degrees so wonderfully said, take good care of yourself.:angelic:

Reactions: dunelm

SlimLizzy

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
football, both the game and the culture.
Just had some really bad news. Brother in Law has taken a sudden turn for the worse. He is back on oxygen and the doctors have said they will not resuscitate if he stops breathing. Sister is now allowed to visit and will meet the consultant this afternoon.
So sorry to read this Krystina. Hope the consultant has something positive to offer.

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sure I speak for us all when I say I am delighted to see you back and to hear such positive news. Everyone needs a Rosington Bear ( 1 s or two?) in their lives even though some people seem, from your post, wholly unable to appreciate the finer things in life. As the 3 degrees so wonderfully said, take good care of yourself.:angelic:

Rozzington Bear says a big thank you mate! (Don’t ask me how Ros became Rozzington. It was a nickname from a good mate from my IT days and has stuck out on the circuit!)