What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Just got back to Dereham from a.lovely walk in Sheringham Park when sister rang. Ben has just died. The hospital had said early this morning that an x-ray had shown that food from a feeding tube had gone into his lungs and that they hadn't realised that the catheter was blocked which had damaged his kidneys. They couldn't save him. It is so sad.

Omg.
So very sorry to hear that, @Krystyna23040

Condolences to the family.

No real words, at times like these .

RiP.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Just got back to Dereham from a.lovely walk in Sheringham Park when sister rang. Ben has just died. The hospital had said early this morning that an x-ray had shown that food from a feeding tube had gone into his lungs and that they hadn't realised that the catheter was blocked which had damaged his kidneys. They couldn't save him. It is so sad.
That is so sad to read and having read your next post totally avoidable. Thoughts and prayers with your sister, any family, his family and friends.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Happy New Year one and all. I'm not sure JKP appreciated the fireworks which were let off hereabouts since she finds sleep very difficult these days due to back and hip pain. I was good to go by 5.00 am, saw to the dogs, took her some tea and left her to sleep. We were tucked up in bed by 10.20 nothing stronger than Assam all day. However you chose to mark the end of 2021 I hope it worked as planned and you kept yourself and everyone else safe. Good news about your BIL @Krystyna23040 your sister must have been uplifted. Enjoy Sheringham Park and the less watery conditions. Our youngest son, his wife and two young children have all tested positive for C. We carried out a mercy mission to deliver nappies, calpol, ice lollies for granddaughter, box of beer for dad:banghead:. We will probably see off the turkey today. I have thoroughly enjoyed the cold, low fat, high protein meat far more than the hot, often just snacking on some. No "pressure" of how to turn a well loved beautiful symphony of a meal into something Elsie compliant that isn’t jarringly discordant on the palate. I know not my fbg - the Swipey sleeps tonight - and for a while since I have a couple of important checks on this decaying body in which my brain is trapped. Deep and meaningful :D lyrics attached @gennepher
Thank you @ianpspurs

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone and a Happy New Year from a bright new morning in an optimistic new day in the dark and dangerous north
Funny old day yesterday, lunch out with daughter and family and had a wail of a time listening to the girl in the bubble who, at the age of two, is the go to guru of everything even though she waxes lyrical in a language of her own invention. Phone calls to a couple of friends and a video chat with my mother who now needs to have her second hip replacement. Hope we can get over to see her sometime this year.

Year of the Tiger begins in February so here is an early one. Have a wonderful day if you can and all the very best for 2022. Best get the koffy on.

View attachment 52673
A magnificent tiger @dunelm

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
What a tragedy and many condolences to all the family. I just wonder if the staff are so stretched and tired. If so, they will be feeling quite terrible.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
@gennepher a small glimmer of hope this evening. When my sister had the phone call this morning from the hospital they told her they were stopping all treatment and he would be having palliative care only. The doctor was to talk her through it this afternoon.

He started to rally this afternoon and they resumed treatment. She had a lovely visit with him and we are all hoping and praying that he continues to improve.
So pleased for your sister and family always remember There is always Hope

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
So pleased for your sister and family always remember There is always Hope
5.4 this morning. At last no rain so have decided to do the morning dog walk at Sheringham Park. Haven't been to a National Trust place for ages.
Krystyna I posed a message about Hope before I saw your post on your sister’s husband please accept my dearest apologies Deepest Condolences to your sister and extended family. Kathleen

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Last night Mr Insensitive of the Xmas lights next door set off firework explosions that were like a bomb going off at midnight. I was fast asleep. I woke with a jolt as my bed was shaking, and my brain couldn't compute what was going on. Finally it stopped. I am profoundly deaf, do not wear my sound processor in bed.

I couldn't sleep the rest of the night. My body was still in flight mode. Finally mid morning I went to sit in the potting shed and fell asleep. I was not wearing my sound processor because the AH neighbour, next to me, had his noisy machinery going full blast. I came back in the bungalow an hour ago to men in my driveway in yellow jackets. It was the waterboard. They were trying to gain access. The shared drains were blocked again between me and Mr Insensitive of the Xmas lights. They were unable to get to the Y junction drain which is behind my locked gates.

I gave them access. Apparently it was completely blocked with toilet paper they said. I made it clear that only the brown and yellow stuff (toilet), and water from washing the dishes went into my drains. Any cleaning materials for the first go in a little baby's nappy sack and goes in the bathroom bin. None of that goes into the drains I explained. I also made it clear that this was the third time in the last three months that these drains had been blocked.

What the heck does this guy and his wife do next door to the drains?

RFSMarch

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Goodness how awful. Condolences.
Tragic especially as it is their own admission of an error.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I came on to ask how much of a higher BG should it be 2 hours after food??
Late lunch after a walk we had salad slice ham and 3 small pieces of different cheeses and 3 small wafer biscuits for cheese my BG went up to 9.2 two hours after lunch from 8.3 before lunch.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
It’s too long since I new all the ins and outs so if 2 is considered a spike what number isn’t

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Flat or a fall. Stick with less than 2 and cheer everything that meets that target.
Thank you so now I must aim for under 2 after food. At least I have something to aim for will have to jingle the little grey cells to remember more. K

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Krystyna I posed a message about Hope before I saw your post on your sister’s husband please accept my dearest apologies Deepest Condolences to your sister and extended family. Kathleen
Thank you @Granny_grump_ . There is absolutely no need to apologise as I realised when I read your post that you hadn't got as far as my latest post about Ben.