container ideas

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
At the moment my pens needles lancer and cartridges are in an inadequate soft box and in a total jumble so when I lift it out of a drawer things fall out so has anyone got a better solution ? this is for indoor storage and not the case to be taken out and about so thinking maybe tupperware box or similar but anyone found a better thing ?

Reactions: jjraak

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Sound like you want something more organised than a single box if you are worried about things being a jumble.
I would be tempted to use something like a shoe box and make cardboard partitions for lancets, lancers, needles, etc.
If it doesn’t go out, it does not have to particularly robust.
Or you could repurpose an old cutlery drawer inner.

I have a small bag with pockets which goes out and a drawer with all my “spares” (apart from insulin), which live in the boxes they are delivered in.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Perhaps look at craft boxes which often have separate sections?

Reactions: EllieM

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

Tool boxes are compartmentalised.
Some used for storage of screws, nails or fixings can have movable partitions too.

Reactions: EllieM

EllieM

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
forum bugs
I've got to say, mine just live in their boxes on top of my bedside cabinet (and then fall out of their boxes so not desperately satisfactory). Will watch this thread to see what others do.

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi,

There is stuff like this where the compartments can be removed or moved to accommodate?

As an idea.. (& elaborating on my earlier post.)

Edit to add, a look around a local hardware DIY store. You may find what your searching for..

image.jpeg

jonathan183

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I tend to keep things in the original box but put them in a larger plastic box to keep them together. Insulin I keep in the fridge in the box and plastic bag they come in - take out 1 at a time for use (2 if away for a couple of days).

I keep in a backpack which I take with me when I go out - blood glucose meter (with a couple of ketone strips and current use glucose test strips), current use insulin (plus around 3 needles), current use lancet, strips of kitchen role, and glucose tablets. I have a couple of bags that I got with glucose meters I put them in - otherwise I'd use a couple of zip-tie bags to keep them together in the backpack. I use a couple of the old containers test strips come in for storing used needles in while I am out.

The plastic box is quite large so I also keep notes from consults etc in it so everything is together if needed. I also keep the Freestyle Libre reader and a sensor in there in case I am ill and need to watch trends more closely.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I posted this pix of cargo socks awhile ago that would be ideal for the OP, all of the gear on board for any occasion.

tMNMX2H.png

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I posted this pix of cargo socks awhile ago that would be ideal for the OP, all of the gear on board for any occasion.

tMNMX2H.png
An odd solution at first site for anything storage wise

Yet the more I think of it
The more it starts to make some sense ..mmh:)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
An odd solution at first site for anything storage wise

Yet the more I think of it
The more it starts to make some sense ..mmh:)

Now I see the logic traveling & carrying cash.. But generally? Stashing a mobile phone with the various notifacations kicking off??

Folk may think I got an "ASBO" tag.. ;)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Now I see the logic traveling & carrying cash.. But generally? Stashing a mobile phone with the various notifacations kicking off??

Folk may think I got an "ASBO" tag.. ;)

Aye, You make a humourous point, @Jaylee

But I had made a presumption, of it being smaller items, as linked in my mind, to O/Ps question .

So not destined to be very useful for mobiles/phablets/tablets or kindles.:hilarious:

But maybe ok for strips, meters, pain meds, etc .
Things to have to hand, that likely won't be needed on an half hourly rate.

And that rethink was prompted by my own circumstances.

Recent rta, seeing me pretty bed bound, for now, with one leg and both arms injured/post surgery./ Heavily bandaged or plastered

And nothing opened my eyes to possibilities, as much as the lack of independent movement/care, that an over flowing bed side table offers.

and that moment YOU just KNOW is coming,

when that desperate struggle to twist, shuffle into any position at all that lets you search for that ONE item, ONE....AAGHH.....you want, like, NEED right this minute, that ....

A beloved has thought was reachable, so placed it "just here, for safety xx"

Think a horizontal Lee Evans sans crutches from something about Mary, and you are not far off ;):D

Which right now has tantalisingly slipped, just that bit further in/down/away from you.:banghead:

And has OF COURSE :rolleyes:
Now has snuck itself into THE one place your multifaceted, linkage of shoulder, wrist & braced plastered fingers just can not extend to.
(Come ON, Lord....WORK with me. :wideyed::arghh:)

Yeah, I'm rambling
But it does/did give me cause to take a 2nd look

...and while away yet another few minutes of a long night ;).

Be safe :happy:

Last edited:

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Cheers.

I ride motorcycles and at home, it's too box etc for storing/carrying the odd items

However when abroad, it's scooters and the need to carry is less so catered for

Of course there are rucksacks, multi placement, (not a fan of wearing in case of that potential off ...back v road ouch back with rucksack of lumpy/solid items v road :wideyed:)

And have toyed with these over many trips
Never punched buy, as yet ..but like your socks, good to know such things exist

IMG_20220104_023016_1.jpg
ref=cm_sw_r_apan_glt_fabc_KJWQ8D44XMPHR76DCZT2

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi,

There is stuff like this where the compartments can be removed or moved to accommodate?

As an idea.. (& elaborating on my earlier post.)

Edit to add, a look around a local hardware DIY store. You may find what your searching for..

View attachment 52696
I think to get op @borderter
post back on track, I'd just say that looks a most likely candidate for the job

Have more then one or two lurking about, with the resizable storage, that means it's good to fit most items, (height being the only real restriction )

Personally if it's short term need, I have like others repurposed a Tupperware box, and simply left items inside it, in original packaging

But if I thought I'd need it longer term, then I think the above would justify the small outlay.

Good luck, and do post up final solution :)

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
By day I tend to roll with this.. There's a deeper pocket behind the cargo that fits my pen nicely.

image.jpeg

You guys just reminded me..

My own static storage.. May need "revision?"

image.jpeg

borderter

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
The tupperware bacon rashers box has now been reappropriated to become my nice tidy indoor kit box

Reactions: Goonergal

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Of course there are rucksacks, multi placement, (not a fan of wearing in case of that potential off ...back v road ouch back with rucksack of lumpy/solid items v road :wideyed:)
I posted this pix in another of the OP's @borderter threads on this subject, a cold bag from a chicken shop that holds all of my medication, testing meter etc it's had several trips into hospital with me when I have to stay overnight or for a longer period of time.

Cost me $2.00 for the bag when I got a load of chicken pieces awhile ago.

NuDmVVo.jpg