My review results in detail

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
I just got my latest HbA1C and Lipid Profile (cholesterol) results today. The GP secretary thought they were good, but in fact they were a step backwards, but for valid reasons.
However I still qualify (under UK rules as being in T2D remission and the GP surgery isn't as concerned about me not being on statins.

HbA1C 45 (= 6.3%) prior was 37 (=5.7%). However for around 6 weeks before the blood draw I had an infection which was also giving me sleepless nights, so I expected and increase but just not quite so much.

Total Serum Cholesterol 6.6 Prior 7.7 Many would think this an improvement, but actually it's worse than prior when you look at the detail. However it's at least partly due to experimenting with increasing carbs a bit for 4 days before the blood draw. See Dave Feldman et al's investigation into Low Mass Hyper Responders, were Dr Tro reports that LDL can be lowered by them increasing carbs by 50 to 100gms (though those people were mainly Keto rather than very Low Carb).

HDL 1.57 prior 2.17 Very disappointing, but probably due to the experiment in increasing carbs
LDL 4.51 prior 5.02 So the experiment 'worked', but it means my ratio Trig/HDL and LDL/HDL and Total Cholesterol/HDL ratios are all worse!
Triglycerides 1.14 prior 1.13 Fortunately not really changed - whew!

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I love the way you experiment with your body, basing your decisions on in depth research. Even if the numbers are not what you wanted to achieve this time, you still present with a non diabetic HbA1c and have avoided the statin convo!

Reactions: Dandelade

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I just got my latest HbA1C and Lipid Profile (cholesterol) results today. The GP secretary thought they were good, but in fact they were a step backwards, but for valid reasons.
However I still qualify (under UK rules as being in T2D remission and the GP surgery isn't as concerned about me not being on statins.

HbA1C 45 (= 6.3%) prior was 37 (=5.7%). However for around 6 weeks before the blood draw I had an infection which was also giving me sleepless nights, so I expected and increase but just not quite so much.

Total Serum Cholesterol 6.6 Prior 7.7 Many would think this an improvement, but actually it's worse than prior when you look at the detail. However it's at least partly due to experimenting with increasing carbs a bit for 4 days before the blood draw. See Dave Feldman et al's investigation into Low Mass Hyper Responders, were Dr Tro reports that LDL can be lowered by them increasing carbs by 50 to 100gms (though those people were mainly Keto rather than very Low Carb).

HDL 1.57 prior 2.17 Very disappointing, but probably due to the experiment in increasing carbs
LDL 4.51 prior 5.02 So the experiment 'worked', but it means my ratio Trig/HDL and LDL/HDL and Total Cholesterol/HDL ratios are all worse!
Triglycerides 1.14 prior 1.13 Fortunately not really changed - whew!
They are still really good results @ianf0ster and to be happy with especially straight after xmas!!! lol Is this a 12 month review or less than that please?

ianf0ster

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
exercise, phone calls
It's a delayed 12 month review. meaning it should have been done on November since my prior one was November 2020. But I find they always slip it by a month or so.