Prostate

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I watched this video that claimed that high fat diet could cause enlarged prostate or even cancer .
your thoughts ?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I watched this video that claimed that high fat diet could cause enlarged prostate or even cancer .
your thoughts ?
No video to watch, but a routine PSA blood test for men will pick both conditions up early.

catinahat

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Reality tv
your thoughts
I don't consider my diet to be high fat, I just have the natural fat that is in meat/fish, a little butter on my veg, maybe some olive oil dressing on salad's. It's what we evolved to eat so pretty normal really. Anyway you can find articles and videos claiming anything and everything will kill you, eventually something will.

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions

jaywak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cold weather, angry people, queues,
Health hazards of watching too much TV

3. Raised risk of developing diabetes
Scientific studies conducted by researchers have concluded that watching too much TV is associated with a raised risk of developing type 2 diabetes. The risk increased by 14% for every 2 hours (per day) of TV viewing

//www.thehealthsite.com/diseases-conditions/11-health-hazards-of-watching-too-much-tv-254296/

This may apply to videos as well.:angelic:
I bet the risk goes up a lot if you watch Eastenders !

Oldvatr

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Mayo clinic some time ago did a study that found an association between men who were obese had higher prevalence of BPH. At the time the cure for obesity was to eat Low Fat. Their current website confirms this dietary advice for prostate treatment..

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
your thoughts ?
I am wondering if the video refers to High Fat Low Carb or merely high fat? If it's the latter then my guess would be that it's the standard 50/50 fat/carbs diet which causes the problem. Like I said though only a guess.

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
This is one of the educational stories on this website:
upload_2022-1-10_10-18-59.png
Yet the Keto guru's claim cognitive decline on this type of diet. Fibre is meant to help stoles, Paul Mason and others reference studies that show the opposite.

I tend to look at common sense and what has worked across the globe for millennia and cross reference that with the dietary / health outcomes.

Attachments

• upload_2022-1-10_10-18-59.png
    upload_2022-1-10_10-18-59.png
    20.9 KB · Views: 67
Reactions: Outlier

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I think the main cause is aging, we are living longer than some organs can cope with. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia affects about 50 percent of men between the ages of 51 and 60 and up to 90 percent of men older than 80.

Pura Vida

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think the main cause is aging, we are living longer than some organs can cope with. Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia affects about 50 percent of men between the ages of 51 and 60 and up to 90 percent of men older than 80.
Thanks for all your replies.in am 80 have been on hflc for 7 years with no prostatic problems.

Mr_Pot

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for all your replies.in am 80 have been on hflc for 7 years with no prostatic problems.
You are lucky to be in the 10% . I am not so fortunate, I have followed a low carb diet for over 6 years but I doubt it is anything to do with diet anyway.