Retinopathy Advice/Experiences

domoboy

You'll be fine! Don't get worked up about it or anything as it really isn't as bad as what you think it's going to be, good luck! Do let me know how you get on please :) xx

Wow. How easy was that.

They out about 6 drops of numbing stuff into each eye with a dropper, clipped both eyes open and injected. Injection probably over in about 1.5 seconds and didn't feel a thing. No grit sensation or anything. Just a black dot where the needle went in!

Only 2 hours since and only very minor discomfort.

kaylz91

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Wow. How easy was that.

They out about 6 drops of numbing stuff into each eye with a dropper, clipped both eyes open and injected. Injection probably over in about 1.5 seconds and didn't feel a thing. No grit sensation or anything. Just a black dot where the needle went in!

Only 2 hours since and only very minor discomfort.
Glad to see it went well for you :) xx

Breannajordan

Hi all,

I had laser surgery yesterday and my vision is so blurry today. I could see perfectly out of my left eye yesterday and today it is extremely blurry (right eye was the problem with a bleed and left eye was following suit so both eyes were lazered)

Can anyone tell me of this blurriness is normal 24hours after? The doctor was a new Italian doctor in the hospital and he had quite broken English so didn't really have the vocab to explain properly what was going to happen afterwards.

I'm also on voltarol eye drops, was supposed to start them yesterday after the laser but I had to get them ordered in so only took them this morning, maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks guys

domoboy

Hi all,

I had laser surgery yesterday and my vision is so blurry today. I could see perfectly out of my left eye yesterday and today it is extremely blurry (right eye was the problem with a bleed and left eye was following suit so both eyes were lazered)

Can anyone tell me of this blurriness is normal 24hours after? The doctor was a new Italian doctor in the hospital and he had quite broken English so didn't really have the vocab to explain properly what was going to happen afterwards.

I'm also on voltarol eye drops, was supposed to start them yesterday after the laser but I had to get them ordered in so only took them this morning, maybe that has something to do with it?

Thanks guys
Hi @Breannajordan

My first experience with laser was on the 24th of December mid afternoon. For the rest of the day my vision was fine, bit of an ache but no side effects at all really.

Next day the 25th as soon as I woke up my eye was incredibly blurry and a bit swollen also. Also had some double vision going on. It took about 4-5 days for me to settle down after the first laser session. After that any additional sessions didn't produce any side effects!

Breannajordan

Hi @Breannajordan

My first experience with laser was on the 24th of December mid afternoon. For the rest of the day my vision was fine, bit of an ache but no side effects at all really.

Next day the 25th as soon as I woke up my eye was incredibly blurry and a bit swollen also. Also had some double vision going on. It took about 4-5 days for me to settle down after the first laser session. After that any additional sessions didn't produce any side effects!

Thanks so much that has put my mind at ease. I kept reading that vision should return to normal a few hours after!

Like you I was fine yesterday vision wise but this morning was extremely blurry. Ill wait it out for a few days and hope for the best.

Thanks again

domoboy

Thanks so much that has put my mind at ease. I kept reading that vision should return to normal a few hours after!

Like you I was fine yesterday vision wise but this morning was extremely blurry. Ill wait it out for a few days and hope for the best.

Thanks again
I had the exact same thought process! Every material I was given suggested I was going to be blurry for a few hours immediately after but like you it was delayed until the next day. I'm guessing its the swelling of the retina/macula due to it reacting to being attacked by the laser!

Let me know how it goes!

Breannajordan

So this is day 3 after the laser and my vision is nearly back to normal. Still a little blurry but I can actually see peoples faces when they are talking to me now its very unsettling when there is something wrong with your vision but we will all get there together ❤❤

Reactions: oldgreymare

domoboy

So this is day 3 after the laser and my vision is nearly back to normal. Still a little blurry but I can actually see peoples faces when they are talking to me now its very unsettling when there is something wrong with your vision but we will all get there together ❤❤

Really glad to hear you're on the mend.

Did you have any vision side effects pre laser? Or was it a surprise when you were told about the bleed?

domoboy

So just to update:

Continued with regular monthly injections until December when after scans a new consultant said they'd stabilised and I didn't need injections this time and to come back in 4 weeks. Great! Or so I thought...

2 weeks later I noticed a couple of blur spots. I then went to the emergency clinic to check it and they saidnyes some waterlogging is back and looks like I've found my tipping point. And to come back next week for my scheduled appointment for both injections.

I had the injections yesterday and my eyes today seem to have even more blur spots. Also think I've picked up conjunctivitis from the little one!

Wondering if anyone else has ever had a gap, had it worsen/revert in that gap and then found the injections worked fine again?

Really worried that they stopped it as it was working and that it might not work as well after the gap now! Or if it's a case of it might just take a week or a set of injections or 2 to take effect again...

domoboy

Just to update further -

Woke up this morning and realised my right eye is fine but when looking with my left it has two huge blur spots bang in the central vision. Faces, clocks, even the eye chart completely unreadable.

Got an appointment at the clinic this afternoon. They said the scans came back looking pretty good, eye pressure is fine. They think it could be one of two things. One related to blood pressure which is unlikely with my age and physical condition, so more likely a sudden decrease of blood supply to the central eye/optic. No active treatment and they said they think if it's that it might improve a little but also quite possibly not at all. She didn't think she could see a clot or anything. I was expecting them to say just more waterlogging but more central then where I've had it before and will go or eye infection as they're both very itchy since the injection and now this ..