Omnipod Patches Help!

mlb002fj

Hi! I’m new to this forum so I’m hoping I’m doing this right!
I’m going to be transferring to an Omnipod and was wondering where you can get the cheapest patches? The ones I have seen are quite expensive considering you have to change it every 3 days. Thanks in advance :)

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Where are you based and can you elaborate on what you mean by patches?

In Response

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I’m based in the UK and I mean the adhesive patched you put around the pod
That is clearer. I wondered if you were referring to the pods.
I do not use the OmniPod so surprised you would need something like that. My patch pump sticks like a limpet without any need for additional patches.

Soplewis12

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Grumpy People
Hi! I’m new to this forum so I’m hoping I’m doing this right!
I’m going to be transferring to an Omnipod and was wondering where you can get the cheapest patches? The ones I have seen are quite expensive considering you have to change it every 3 days. Thanks in advance :)
Hi, I've been using omnipod since March. A couple did come loose in the summer when the temperature was at its highest.
I use skin prep by smith&nephew, £14.99 for 50 from Amazon. Wipe the area that you are applying the pod 2, it's makes the skin tacky and I have had no problems since using it. Been fine in warm weather, hot baths & the gym.
Hope this helps.

Reactions: mlb002fj

mlb002fj

Hi, I've been using omnipod since March. A couple did come loose in the summer when the temperature was at its highest.
I use skin prep by smith&nephew, £14.99 for 50 from Amazon. Wipe the area that you are applying the pod 2, it's makes the skin tacky and I have had no problems since using it. Been fine in warm weather, hot baths & the gym.
Hope this helps.

Thank you so much!

Reactions: Soplewis12

h884

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi mlb002fj

I have been using Omnipod dash for over a year. I have not had any pods come loose in that time. I use skin tac to secure my Libre sensor and that works very well. I was advised when starting on the Omnipod that skin tac might make it difficult to get the pod after 3 days.

Good luck when starting on the Omnipod

Reactions: mlb002fj