What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
4.5 again this morning. Starting to think my meter is stuck (also discovered yesterday that the price of the test strips has gone up. Grr. Still not in the 'expensive' ball park, but still irritating)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
BG this morning was 6.7
Hopefully reducing my carbs will eventually lower my BG.But been on very low to zero carbs a few days now and 6.7 BG seems to be sticking.
Breakfast Greek yogurt with red berries cup coffee
Lunch salad and cheese or cooked meats or omelette filled with peppers mushrooms cheese etc. one slice wholemeal toast on occasion but not had toast recently
Evening meal meat chicken fish salmon usually baked in oven with 2 veg no carbs I will get my blood glucose levels back into 5s again, but only been on this low carb diet a few weeks and my BG has gone from 8s in a morning sometimes higher to in 6s so I’m getting their. Have a good day everyone and stay has safe has you can. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
5.2 for me today
Hi Marianne what a lovely photo with the dog we lost our dog Louie in November he was 13 but has developed chronic bronchitis and being a pug he was on two inhalers and a nebuliser towards last few months. It was a kindness when it happened but he was at home and that was better than having him put to sleep. We miss him terribly.K

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Hi Marianne what a lovely photo with the dog we lost our dog Louie in November he was 13 but has developed chronic bronchitis and being a pug he was on two inhalers and a nebuliser towards last few months. It was a kindness when it happened but he was at home and that was better than having him put to sleep. We miss him terribly.K

Sorry to hear about your pug, they are so much part of the family. She is a sausage/Jack mix and can be so sassy, and also very stubborn at times, especially if it’s to cold/wet outside and she does not want a walk. Totally understand as she’s so little but it’s funny to have her suddenly sit and refuse to go anywhere but back home.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Sorry to hear about your pug, they are so much part of the family. She is a sausage/Jack mix and can be so sassy, and also very stubborn at times, especially if it’s to cold/wet outside and she does not want a walk. Totally understand as she’s so little but it’s funny to have her suddenly sit and refuse to go anywhere but back home.
Pugs can be stubborn too so know what you mean, we have had dogs all our married life 42 years cocker spaniel x2 rescue boxer x1 when she was 6we rescued 2yorkshire terriers then we bought Louie when he was 4 we rescued a pug we named her Ellie she died 2years ago aged 11. The others all lived to be just short of their 14th birthday we loved them all and we kept them near us by burying them under our Acers and Magnolia in our garden and when we go we are being cremated and our ashes will be scattered with our beloved dogs in our garden.K