Epidural spinal injections

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
anything that is good for you
Hi have been diagnosed with a bulging disc l4 l5 and yesterday I finally had my first steriod injection.still to feel any benefits off having the injection but struggling to get by bs down to anywhere near normal.had anyone else had these injections or disc problems i would love to hear your experiences

CarbsRok

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
pasta ice cream and chocolate
Steroid injections will put your blood sugars through the roof.
Most but not all find that they need to at least double their insulin dosage when having a steroid injection like that.
Hope you feel better soon,

maria030660

Dislikes
backstabbers, brocoli and dirt toilets...uggghhhh
Hi,

I have spinal artiritus and i had one to try out. I had it in the morning and at nite i ended up in hospital again because my blood sugar went dangerously high. Serious its not worth it. Try a device called 'tens'. Its a great pain reliever and is used more and more by pain management teams. Also Arcoxia is a great pain reliever and will reduce the inflammation that is caused by the bulging disc.

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
Thanks maria I'm not seeing my physio for another 2 weeks so if I have little to no relief from the injection I will give them a try

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
Hi just a quick update after having 3 hypos yesterday my bloods were at 16 this morning but after been up and moving about for a few hours I am almost standing up straight which I haven't done in a year:) still in a little bit of discomfort and have taken my usual dose of pain killers fingers crossed I'll be able too lower the dose over the next few days.

cyb3rminx

Dislikes
Well its been over a week and I have had no relief at all in fact its getting worse I have read your comments and they sound really interesting I have been trying to see my gp for several days now and to no avail.I've been up half an hour and waiting for my pain tablets to kick in so that I can try and get a few hours sleep before getting my four children up for school.I have decided this morning that I can not cope with this pain any longer and will demand to see a doctor today or take myself to a + e.there its no way I can cope with this pain any longer. fingers crossed tomora my persistence will work.

starlight1

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
people who have no manners
hi there, i suffer with chronic back pain and i for pain relief i take oxycontin, gabapentin and and every three months i have two epidurals over a two w eeek period. Sometimes i get pain relief for a week, sometimes i get pain relief for a couple of days and sometimes i get no pain relief from the epidurals. I dont know why this is but it does seem to me that it can be a hit and miss with epidurals. So dont be disheartened because you didnt get any relief from your epidural, are you going to try have another one? Maybe next time the surgeon will have a better idea of what amount of epidural you may need next time. I too have bulging discs as well as two prolapsed discs and i understand how painful it can be for you. i wish you the best for the future with your pain control, take care big hugs from starlight.