What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings one and all. For such a small community there seems to be an inordinate amount of pain and heartache around either for the posters or their family and friends. Personally, I never bought the without the dark there is no light stuff. Give me the Garden of Eden as it was first up thanks. That peace and innocence lies deep inside us all IMHO - so obviously the dog that didn’t bark. Swipey is boxed up for now - free The Abbott One said no one ever. Salmon, Halloumi fries, Hollandaise and salad was The Shizzle as usual. Now for some steak today - ribeye as per Ted N @Krystyna23040 (my prayers for Jan and family and Hilary and family) then Pork on Sunday. Hmm, what was that about not buying the light without the dark? Never said I was consistent. @gennepher gorgeous creative - thanks. I gave a funny for the Godfish pate, sorry. If you're tempted to rescue a big dog today, heed the advice of @jjraak. Some are far too dangerous for anyone to trust and just refuse to be house trained. Sadly, for those there is usually only one end. Oh well, just pick anther one but do a better job, eh.:angelic:

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8
Finally down into the 6's!

I saw this sunset outside my front window last night...
So, it is my pastel for today.

I bought a new pate from the Polish shop. I know what the word is for pate now!
When I got home I used camera translate to find out what pate it was....

Goldfish pate?!?!?!?!?

No, no way...

All I could see on the front of the pate was a goldfish swimming towards me...my brain was playing tricks, there was no such picture on the pate...

I ended up trying to Google the actual product, and finally came up with a list of ingredients in English...

Salmon pate it was...

Phew...but I still cannot unsee a goldfish swimming towards me each time I look at it. It is a good job the expiry date is 2024, because it is going in a cupboard in the meantime...

View attachment 52895
Beautiful sunset colours. Popeye over in the left hand tree

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a flue like start here in the dark and dangerous north
Had a good half hour zoom call with my sister yesterday. She has a plug thing in her chest so that they can draw blood and inject things into her without having to search for a vein. Patch over left eye like a pirate (something pressing against the optic nerve) - the hospital are organising a consultation with a neurologist. My brother is flying over on Monday now that the French Govt have relaxed travel rules. He will be batch cooking for her freezer amongst other things.

Not much detail in todays showing - quite tired yesterday. I hope that you all have a good day. Time for my koffy.

upload_2022-1-15_8-32-19.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.8
Finally down into the 6's!

I saw this sunset outside my front window last night...
So, it is my pastel for today.

I bought a new pate from the Polish shop. I know what the word is for pate now!
When I got home I used camera translate to find out what pate it was....

Goldfish pate?!?!?!?!?

No, no way...

All I could see on the front of the pate was a goldfish swimming towards me...my brain was playing tricks, there was no such picture on the pate...

I ended up trying to Google the actual product, and finally came up with a list of ingredients in English...

Salmon pate it was...

Phew...but I still cannot unsee a goldfish swimming towards me each time I look at it. It is a good job the expiry date is 2024, because it is going in a cupboard in the meantime...

View attachment 52895
Really stunning painting. Glad the pate was salmon not goldfish. Hopefully by 2024 you would have forgotten the goldfish connection.
Great that fbg is back down in.the 6s.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a flue like start here in the dark and dangerous north
Had a good half hour zoom call with my sister yesterday. She has a plug thing in her chest so that they can draw blood and inject things into her without having to search for a vein. Patch over left eye like a pirate (something pressing against the optic nerve) - the hospital are organising a consultation with a neurologist. My brother is flying over on Monday now that the French Govt have relaxed travel rules. He will be batch cooking for her freezer amongst other things.

Not much detail in todays showing - quite tired yesterday. I hope that you all have a good day. Time for my koffy.

View attachment 52896
Hugs for everyone and everything @dunelm
Another great painting.
Take care. Enjoy your coffee.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Dogs walked,coffee drunk and now rushing off to teach classes in Norwich. Luckily no fog this morning.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Dogs walked,coffee drunk and now rushing off to teach classes in Norwich. Luckily no fog this morning.
Great fbg and I'm so glad there is no fog. No 3 son tells me the fog was bad 'twixt Cambs and Suffolk last night. The road he used isn't good in perfect conditions anyhow. @dunelm thanks for the art in such adverse conditions. Hugs for your concern over your sister and prayers for her, you and all worried about what the future holds for her.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, to all who are full of angst me, me’s and myself wish you all the best, I have a philosophy which I have posted before and it goes like this “ Every cloud has a silver lining, find it and nick it “. Yes Mrs J and all of me’s have been through some tremendously bad times, but we have and had to soldier on. As stated we wish you all best.

A delicate 6.4 on that wayward meter of deceit and deception.

A friend told me yesterday of a sad tragedy that happened to someone he new. This person refused to have any vaccines, saying that God will protect them, they were admitted into hospital and died of covid.
On that sad note, please stay safe.

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Tested on waking BG was 6.4
Had breakfast at 8.10am 2 hours after BG was 5.9
Had yogurt and red berries and coffee

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!

View attachment 52896
Like your painting my husband loves to paint it’s been great for him during the last 2 years the ones we like he’s framed up and they adorn our hall and living room love them, he’s always been arty but only took it up more since he retired.K

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, to all who are full of angst me, me’s and myself wish you all the best, I have a philosophy which I have posted before and it goes like this “ Every cloud has a silver lining, find it and nick it “. Yes Mrs J and all of me’s have been through some tremendously bad times, but we have and had to soldier on. As stated we wish you all best.

A delicate 6.4 on that wayward meter of deceit and deception.

A friend told me yesterday of a sad tragedy that happened to someone he new. This person refused to have any vaccines, saying that God will protect them, they were admitted into hospital and died of covid.
On that sad note, please stay safe.

A pity God hadn't been asked to turn stones into bread, he, she, may have known the right answer!
D.

Last edited:

lindisfel

Expert
Friends from church called in on a six mile country walk via our hamlet.
Even though it it was cold with the door open it was good having a chat at the door.
David and his wife are really nice people and
it reminds one of the losses of contact COVID is bringing us all.
D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sadly ignorance has always been mankind's shortfall.

Fear is designed to keeps us safer, until we examine the options and conduct risk assessment for ourselves.

Nothing is guaranteed.

We just need to assess the information clearly & the perceived AND real risk to us and our loved ones.

Information is key.

"Due diligence" should be our goal.

Some are too lazy to do this .
Some do but fail to understand correctly.
Some will always make poor choices.

RiP unknown friend
Best wishes to surviving family