Update from cgm

Dandelade

Just a quick update, I know I appreciated these types of messages when I started out.

I decided I’d get a libre 2 every 6 months to see my progress. I’m low carb and have lost 24 pounds since July.

I’m now steady in the 5s pretty much all the time unless I have anything with carbs and the dawn phenomenon.

6 months ago dp was anywhere from 7-9 and took until lunch to reduce down. Now it’s up to 6-7, but still takes till lunch to reduce.

I had a “normal” meal with chicken, lamb, salad and Turkish rice last night just to see what my blood sugar did. A rise to 10, 3 hours to come back down. Much improved from when I started which would rise to 15 for about 5 hours.

I’m guessing there’s still insulin resistance, although it’s probably in muscles not liver since I’ve lost 8 inches around waist too. Irritated I can’t increase exercise at the moment which I know is the next steps as I’m under medicated for thyroid and it would wipe me out for the rest of the day.

But overall, pretty pleased, even with knowing there’s a stone left to lose and a bit of work on insulin resistance left!

Also thank you to all those who have given advice and reading other people’s journeys has been really helpful.

Last edited:

Mbaker

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Available fast foods in Supermarkets
Really well done on persisting and getting results. The elephant in the room is why the rice, politely this is sabotage.

Dandelade

Really well done on persisting and getting results. The elephant in the room is why the rice, politely this is sabotage.
Thank you. And the rice, I suppose was a mixture of curiosity if response had changed that much and an excuse to eat something I’d missed. A definite one off (or 6 monthly progress test)!