What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
This morning Libre2 sensor I call it that because well that is what it is recorded a 4.9
while in the meantime the meter I like to laughingly call Tee2+ gave a reading of 5.9

So fbg will probably be between the two or not.

PenguinMum

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning All. 7.0 this morning though I was 7.1 before supper yesterday. I think I need to pop a Libre on to see whats going on. Happy Saturday everyone.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The meter was a bit ... ambivalent ... this morning (I did a couple of readings because I wasn't convinced by the numbers I was seeing), the average was 4.7 though so I'll take that.

I think it might be time to replace my el cheapo kit (I bought it before I found the information on here). After I've used up my current supply of test strips anyway - which if this morning is anything to go by will be much sooner than I was planning on. In other news 'ow! My poor fingers!!'

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
So scores came in at 4.4 this morning!! Why? How?? Maybe the salad I last night. Sadly unlike Mr @ianpspurs I could never live on salad every day. Protein and 2 veg though - fine with me. :)
Great fbg and whatever works for you is best. Salad and fish is just protein with 8 or 9 veg, "healthier" fat and higher Protein:Energy ratio than red meat. Vinaigrette is basically carbless. I can't make hot meat edible without at least some Normies gravy so not such a good option from two angles. I'm fine with the taste of cold cooked meat. Unconvinced red meat offers me anything nutritionally supplements don't but with dubious fat.

Last edited:

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
After 2 days logging meticulously on MFP & changing macros
New Larry 4.8
Contour 4.7
Have a great weekend everyone
Impressive, @DEBBIESCOTT . Well done!
6.0 for me. Perhaps I will go back to logging everything on MyFitnessPal and MySugr again to see if I can achieve that elusive goal I have been chasing. Running out of self imposed time to hit my target.

Reactions: ziggy_w

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
6.0 for me. Perhaps I will go back to logging everything on MyFitnessPal and MySugr again to see if I can achieve that elusive goal I have been chasing. Running out of self imposed time to hit my target.
Within the margin of error so you did it.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thank you @Pipp, it never lasts though, just typical now I’ve actually got a telephone appointment with a consultant in a couple of weeks

Marianne67

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
5.5 for me this grey foggy Satuday here, to be fair it suits the family mood after some more horrible news yesterday, this could be a very long stressful 12 months, but I am hoping they can close it way before then. I hope you all have a good day.

Reactions: karen8967

Numan

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
8.2 this morning, not helped by having a nightmare before I woke up

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
8.7 - Bad sleep and bad sugars.

have the Sunday you won’t.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre on phone 5.9
Contour 5.4
No medication yesterday & b/s never went higher than 6.8 according to libre (couple of finger pricks) looks like this Larry is a keeper have a good day everyone
BFDC178B-3E1F-4838-BB7B-6A444F8EF9DA.png

Reactions: Ryhia and karen8967

ultradad

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
4.0 today and sleeping a bit better so all good :). Have a nice day everyone

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Morning BG this morning was 6.5
5.5 for me this grey foggy Satuday here, to be fair it suits the family mood after some more horrible news yesterday, this could be a very long stressful 12 months, but I am hoping they can close it way before then. I hope you all have a good day.
Hope things get less stressful for you and your family.K lots of Hugs