What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 5.2 this morning, no me and me’s don’t understand the workings of diabetes either.
Have a great day all, stay safe.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Hello K. If you give me your unit of measurement I can give you a conversion factor to mmo/lt which most UK meters have as the default.
Hi True Blue my meter shows mmol readings but on here other meter readings are just two numbers like 38 were my readings are 6.5 always a number then part of a number. I’ve only had a tee2 meter so I can’t say if someone is high or low unless others rank it a winner. Hope I’m making sence.K

Reactions: jjraak

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Conversion chart for different BG finger prick test units of measurement. Note that the laboratory
HbA1c surgery blood test result is an entirely different statistic (target below 48), not to be confused with the numbers in this table
upload_2022-1-16_11-8-44.jpeg

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a bit of an overcast start after the show with the norther lights over the past few nights. We have a food deliver this morning, 10am if you can believe the email and only one item substituted, far better this way than a dash round the Co-Op with a suitcase. I am designating Sunday as a day of rest. So tiring listening to Mrs Miggins lagging loft spaces, stripping wallpaper with the noisy hiss of a steam punk thing and then the waft of paint being applied. Still, it’s one of her favourite things to do - decorating - I have in the past come home from a bike tour in Europe to find a completely different looking house. “Do you play cricket?” - “Tennis actually.” - “Ah tennis, I used to play cricket……” or so the Monty Python sketch goes - and go you must my cobber my lad.
No idea what is going on here, I applied inks to some rice paper and then sprayed with water - left it to dry and then did the same again a couple more times. May experiment more. Have the best of times that you can. In fact recite A Tale Of Two Cities in the style of Chris Eubank (you can find instructions by Greg Davies on YouTube) - time for koffy.
View attachment 52909
Brilliant rainbows here :)
Very aurora borealis!
Amazing.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
True Blue Thank You only way I can keep it is by screen shot I’ve never learned how to save or file things on iPad but it will be accessible and when I see my granddaughter she will show me.K

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi True Blue my meter shows mmol readings but on here other meter readings are just two numbers like 38 were my readings are 6.5 always a number then part of a number. I’ve only had a tee2 meter so I can’t say if someone is high or low unless others rank it a winner. Hope I’m making sence.K
Hi there K. I hesitate before giving any advice, except to say that the info pages of this same website are moderated by professionals. The mmo/lt values quoted should be used as guidance on the success of your BG control. My meter clearly states the units are mmo/lt. However my nephew in Canada (type 1) quotes his numbers as "HbA1c" so I guess his meter uses those units. (see table).

Mrs T 123

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 for me today - Enjoy what is left of your weekend folks! :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Hi there K. I hesitate before giving any advice, except to say that the info pages of this same website are moderated by professionals. The mmo/lt values quoted should be used as guidance on the success of your BG control. My meter clearly states the units are mmo/lt. However my nephew in Canada (type 1) quotes his numbers as "HbA1c" so I guess his meter uses those units. (see table).
Hi True Blue appreciate you sending me the chart it will be helpful.Thank you K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
@DJC3 good to see you here. When we used to travel to Cornwall on Saturdays in school holidays my OH always insisted we set off not later than 5am. The kids had pillows and rugs in the back and usually we were in Cornwall for a late breakfast. Mind you since those days the traffic will only have increased but the roads are a tad better. We usually took a diversion at Jamaica Inn. Worth it though.
Hi PenguinMum just read your post about driving to Cornwall we used to go every year but not been in many a year I used to drive overnight and would reach end of motorway by 7am we set off at 10pm from home, on joining A34 we used to stop off for breakfast at Little Chef and to recuperate before long second part of journey to St Ives. We have been travelling all over Europe for over 40years for our holidays but we decided we wanted to visit Cornwall again so we have booked for summer this year can’t wait to see what it’s now like if it’s changed any, hate the long journey down but worth it in the end.K

Reactions: True Blue and DJC3

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi PenguinMum just read your post about driving to Cornwall we used to go every year but not been in many a year I used to drive overnight and would reach end of motorway by 7am we set off at 10pm from home, on joining A34 we used to stop off for breakfast at Little Chef and to recuperate before long second part of journey to St Ives. We have been travelling all over Europe for over 40years for our holidays but we decided we wanted to visit Cornwall again so we have booked for summer this year can’t wait to see what it’s now like if it’s changed any, hate the long journey down but worth it in the end.K

Wave as you go past @Granny_grump_ we live about 1.5 hrs after the M5. We moved down here about 5 years ago and I’ve never regretted it although a lot of things take some getting used to - the fact that no one turns up when they say they will for starters.
Have a wonderful holiday this summer.

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Wave as you go past @Granny_grump_ we live about 1.5 hrs after the M5. We moved down here about 5 years ago and I’ve never regretted it although a lot of things take some getting used to - the fact that no one turns up when they say they will for starters.
Have a wonderful holiday this summer.
Thank you I’m sure we will I’m looking forward to seeing another part of Cornwall from always going to St Ives we are trying Penzance I love an adventure even though my knees and back are painful I will keep on going has the excitement of seeing something new keeps me going.Oh I can’t wait.K

Reactions: DJC3

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all.

Still no snow or ice down on the Coast. Meter readings for energy supply due this week, so really glad of the mild winter so far.

FBG 8.1 mmo/lt at 0700. Weight down again, which is important. The Newcastle University study found that a typical weight loss of 15kg was required to place Type 2 into remission. I have a wardrobe full of nice clothes to wear, if only ........

Have a great day.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
6.1 this morning. Higher than usual. No reason why - unless maybe a bad night's sleep because in the evening I had long telephone calls with my friend who has cancer and then my sister, talking about the arrangements for Ben's funeral. I had a really restless night and didn't sleep well. They are coping really well but it is just so sad.

We had a lovely visit to Redwings. I renewed my Sponsorship of Cookie. He looked really happy in the sunshine and was well wrapped up in his warm rug. We had a lovely walk, met several very friendly horses and the coffee was good.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Greetings everyone. @Granny_grump_ thanks for bringing an Old Timer here - hi @DJC3 - and mentioning @PenguinMum. I think you are actually referencing the semi skimmed thread. No known fbg but I'll fit a Swipey Weds or Thurs - still won't know my fbg but it is the thought that counts. @gennepher thanks for the pastel and I think I spotted Popeye. @Krystyna23040 hug for the sub optimal fbg and sleep but pretty sure you pinpointed the reason. I don't think St Antony knew anything about LC/managing The D by diet but "Those who renounce the world but want to keep something for themselves are torn in this way by the demons who make war on them." Change world to carbs and demons to LC swaps and it is a massive winner, IMHO. I also found Charles Gore: A Biographical Sketch by Gordon Crosse on point personally.especially Gore's saying 'I felt instinctively, and at once, that this sort of sacramental religion was the religion for me.' I mainly have the same menu at the same time having analysed it via Cronometer which is frighteningly close to that. We binge watched Around the world in 80 days last evening. I think JKP appreciated me not sloping orf to watch NFL Slew of tired old tropes incoming from Serial Shambles HQ. Bless. Go Team D.

Last edited:
Reactions: True Blue