Type 1'stars R Us

Nicola M

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I have been hybrid closed-looping now for just over a month, decided to run a report today to compare 2 time periods. Time in range is 70%+ and it estimates my HbA1c is now roughly 6.8% (down from 9.3%). It will be very interesting to get my HbA1c officially tested in February as it'll have been 3 months since my last one. Doubtful it will be 6.8% as I didn't start closed-loop until a month after the 9.3% HbA1c but I'm hopeful it will be in the 7% range which I would be just as happy with given that my last few have been 9%+. Struggling with more Lows recently but unsurprising as my body is not used to having a more "normal" blood sugar. 2022 is going to be a good year for my diabetes I think :)

karen8967

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Good morning everyone
FB_IMG_1642164869999.jpg

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Morning all! Up early awaiting a plumber to fix a leaking tank and fix our hot water which will only heat via the immersion not the boiler. Hoping for good outcomes

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Plumber a no show. Freezing cold house all day as needed to have boiler cold for work. Not a happy bunny!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Oh no. Do hope he comes tomorrow. It's so frustrating when workmen don't turn up, especially when you're in such a cold house. Hope you can get warmed up enough to sleep well, and that diabetes hasn't reacted badly to you being cold all day. I know mine would have. Sending hugs.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
@becca59 That's awful. Did they let you know what is going on and are they showing up the next day/this morning? Hopefully you can run it up to going to bed and it cools off while you are asleep and doesn't get completely freezing. The morning and not running it would be the worse. Or getting out of bed in the first place.

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Managed to get hold of plumber who had had a family emergency. Cannot give us a new date as yet so heating on. Luckily both problems are not an emergency.
Got lots done on Monday including a litter pick on our Lane. Two bags of cans, bottles, McDonalds debris and masks dumped onto the verge from car windows as people drive past. Disgusting!
We’re instead of frosty this morning so no stunning morning moon view from my bed.
Have a good day all.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
I don't understand why people think it's okay to just toss trash anywhere they please. We have a problem here too, on the beach,, along roads, anywhere really, we have a problem with people picking an area and people just dumping all sorts of things.and creating big piles of trash. Our dumps are free and open all day and we have 10 drop off points all over the island. There are a few things with restrictions to which drop off point you can take certain stuff to. Toxic only can be taken to certain spots, metal and electronics to another few spots etc. None are ever that far away and they make it easy to take stuff too.

The one that drives people nuts is cars. People will abandon cars all over. We have a free area to take those to too. But they will just leave them somewhere. The county has to tag them for 30 days before they can do anything with them. They trace the owners and the owners will just claim the car was stolen and nothing happens to them. We are not talking a few cars, nor are we talking about people that file police reports of cars that actually were stolen. We have unfortunately a percentage of people on this island that just don't care what they do.

Reactions: Clivethedrive

becca59

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
@Marie 2 there are some people in this world who do not care about the environment they live in, or the impact that their behaviour has on others. It’s all me, me, me and my freedoms. The litter thing here is huge, we have a huge contingent of volunteer pickers in Leeds. We have our own smaller groups within the main umbrella for the area you live in. I started our group 5 years ago and got a grant for equipment. The council supply specific purple bags which then show the clear up has been by a volunteer. People go out when they have time. Unfortunately within days it’s just as bad. Interesting that a beautiful are like yours has big issues too.

Marie 2

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Pump
My husband does beach clean up with a group every Saturday morning. It's a favorite popular beach/park area that a lot of wood happens to wash up from the current flow patterns, but they also pick up all the trash that gets left. They have extra people that show up when asked and some tourists will join too. But everyone used to blame trash on the tourists and it was very apparent during our shut down of 6 months, everywhere, a lot/most of it wasn't tourists, and of course everyone has always known that the abandoned cars weren't tourists.