What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Driving to the local tip just to get rid of a handful of dead batteries seems a little ungreen
Do you frequent any high street shops / supermarkets? I take my old batteries to Morrisons or Boots, but I'm sure most other largish shops have tubs for them.

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks so much. I am four years in and first two years I was mostly 5s with the odd 4 but in the last year I have struggled to move out of the 6s and absolutely hate 7s. I try hard maybe not hard enough but feel I’m on a slippery slope.
Is it only your FBG which is higher than you would like? I seem to remember that your last HbA1c was fine.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Phone libre 4.3
Contour 5.1
After a great b/s day Saturday, went to pot yesterday, double figures after lunch 20mg Gliclazide (320mg is full dose) not for be obviously & this is the result, knew it wouldn’t last
Pt @ 8 before work
Have a good day everyone

Attachments

• 7BE222F2-8517-4D3A-A03D-10F10286C67D.png
    7BE222F2-8517-4D3A-A03D-10F10286C67D.png
    311.5 KB · Views: 61

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Do you frequent any high street shops / supermarkets? I take my old batteries to Morrisons or Boots, but I'm sure most other largish shops have tubs for them.

I hadn't thought of that! Resident BlokeShape is 'clinically extremely vulnerable' so we've been minimising such trips, but I'll check local branches and pop in when I have a supply to get rid of.

Estragon

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Too many to list here . . .
After a great b/s day Saturday
What’s a “b/s day”? Oh my, you’ve got a complex control system? Yes? I’m only on Metformin and LCFH. So, that low numbers is a good or bad thing for you?

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Wanders into thread after a mensh from @Estragon. Hope y'all make a better fist of things V The D than Joe's clownshoes did in Hobart. Recycling trending here and in No 10 but the recycling here is positive and sensible. The other place?:bigtears::bigtears: Big picture Team D, big picture.:angelic:

Reactions: Marianne67

Over the hill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
6.9 this morning, don't seem to be able to get down much lower at moment but only a month in. My daily average is around 7 which i'm happy with at the moment.

mojo37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
First time that I've been back on here this year so belated Happy New to you all . My readings have been a mixture of 8's and 9's due to eating far too much and no exercise this am 8.7 .

Reactions: karen8967

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I indulged in red wine with dinner last night. Then a rum night cap. Fasting this morning, 5.8. Go figure.
Not practical to continue this regime on a daily basis, but oh, so tempted.
:D <— my mood today.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I indulged in red wine with dinner last night. Then a rum night cap. Fasting this morning, 5.8. Go figure.
Not practical to continue this regime on a daily basis, but oh, so tempted.
:D <— my mood today.
:woot: for bg and good mood - especially as today is Blue Monday. Just how "practical" for 99% of us is LC day in day out either? It also isn't 100% settled science. Big picture requires some well structured R and R just not wild carb orgies. When so doing there is a handy little meme attached. Back off Pearl Clutchers.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-01-17 09.50.26.png
    Screenshot 2022-01-17 09.50.26.png
    77.6 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
7.5 - As long as I get a sprinkling of these near-to morning 6s I’ll keep bashing on and take the long-term over view, as per @ianpspurs often recommends. I had a good sleep last night.

Happy Mondays.
What’s a “b/s day”? Oh my, you’ve got a complex control system? Yes? I’m only on Metformin and LCFH. So, that low numbers is a good or bad thing for you?
B/s is blood sugar, it’s the drop that’s scary, feel sick, dizzy & the room spins, like that most days