Fasting Blood Sugar this morning + yesterday's food AND physical activity

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Oh my! I hope you stay negative. And of course, I hope your boy stays well and symptom free.
I have just heard from a friend of mine in Scotland. He tested positive yesterday after a few days of coughing, his wife thankfully has had two negative tests despite sharing a house with him.
Fingers crossed for you all.

Good day here thanks, quite day at work ... I'm eyeing up the punchbag!
Thank you, he’s fine (2 jabs & a booster) he’s fit & healthy & no symptoms, daughter’s boyfriend had covid in November (they live together) & she didn’t get it & had to test 3 times a day to be able to work

Reactions: AGC_68

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
FBG new sensor 4.8 contour 4.7
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea before gym
Black coffee & coconut oil, water & strawberry protein shake with almond milk at gym
B/ 3 eggs scrambled with butter, 2 pork chipolatas
L: chicken breast,, 2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, coconut flakes & walnuts
D/ courgette & turkey fritters, fried egg
Alpro yogurt plain with coconut, blueberries, sunflower seeds & almonds
1 cheese string (making macros right)
Exercise
Watch said to run 28 minutes @ 15.40 pace as I’d not had much sleep
So ran for 28 minutes & did 2.01 miles, (couldn’t run any slower)
Stretch
After lunch
health walk with daughter 1.3 miles
After dinner
Intermediate plank workout 200 hoop rotations
MFP calories 1,672
Carbs 26g 6%
Fat 113g 62%
Protein 128g 32%
Logging everything on MFP & eating 4 times a day (including protein shake in morning) has made so much difference to b/s
Would never have known without that link you sent me, so thank you again
Hope you have a great weekend

AGC_68

FBG: 5.8
B: 3 egg omelette (same as yesterday)
L: Thai green chicken curry with cauliflower rice, Greek yoghurt/berries, nuts and vanilla protein powder
D: Keema and cauliflower rice, Greek yoghurt/berries, nuts, peanut butter, walnuts and choc brownie and cookie powder, 1 square chopped dark choc

Activity:
Steps ~ 8000

Workout

Shadow boxing 10 mins

4 time around circuit below
a. 15 burpees
b. 25 press ups
c. 30 alternating rows with a pair of 20kg kettlebells
d. 10 snatches L, 10 snatches R
e. 50 bodyweight squats
f. 25 bridges
g. 30 dead bugs

Cool down
Static stretching

AGC_68

Good morning
FBG new sensor 4.8 contour 4.7
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea before gym
Black coffee & coconut oil, water & strawberry protein shake with almond milk at gym
B/ 3 eggs scrambled with butter, 2 pork chipolatas
L: chicken breast,, 2 cherry tomatoes, cucumber, coconut flakes & walnuts
D/ courgette & turkey fritters, fried egg
Alpro yogurt plain with coconut, blueberries, sunflower seeds & almonds
1 cheese string (making macros right)
Exercise
Watch said to run 28 minutes @ 15.40 pace as I’d not had much sleep
So ran for 28 minutes & did 2.01 miles, (couldn’t run any slower)
Stretch
After lunch
health walk with daughter 1.3 miles
After dinner
Intermediate plank workout 200 hoop rotations
MFP calories 1,672
Carbs 26g 6%
Fat 113g 62%
Protein 128g 32%
Logging everything on MFP & eating 4 times a day (including protein shake in morning) has made so much difference to b/s
Would never have known without that link you sent me, so thank you again
Hope you have a great weekend
OMG!! look at those FBGs Debbie!! Fantastic!! So well deserved! .. fantastic discipline and motivation!

Reactions: DEBBIESCOTT

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
92D20DAD-C781-46FE-85EC-61CCB403E394.png
1B6870C4-ED9B-4546-9876-DA3727BDE4C7.png
Good morning
FBG libre 5.9 contour 5.4
Yesterdays food
Mug of tea
Strawberry protein shake with almond milk after walk (had it hot, lovely)
B/ turkey & courgette fritters, 2 poached eggs
L/ chicken breast, d/g cheese, walnuts, whole avocado
D/ rump steak, mushrooms, cherry tomatoes
Alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, sunflower seeds & pecans
Exercise
1.08 mile dog walk with friend early morning
Before dinner/ 1,000 hoola hoop rotations, 50 k:bell around the world (25 each way)
50 k/bell side bends (25 each side)
Steps 10,984. 1,558 calories
You’re so consistent with your FBG, food & exercise, you’re doing great

AGC_68

OMG Debbie!! Brilliant FBGs. You are totally on it right now! Your last 24 hours of BG levels .. brilliant! Doesn't get much better than that.
Thanks for the supportive and kind words mate. Seeing your posts and your determination gives me a boost and keeps me sticking to the right things. It is so good to see all your hard work paying off for you so clearly. You've put so much into it.

FBG: 5.6

Food logged on Fitbit dashboard
B: skipped (lie in)

Lunch:
Yoghurt, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, diet choc brownie and cookie protein powders, dark choc.
Dinner:
Chicken keema and cauliflower rice
Pudding: Yoghurt, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, diet choc brownie and cookie protein powders, dark choc, double cream

2nd Pudding (later in evening .. I was so hungry!):
Yoghurt, fruit, nuts, peanut butter, diet choc brownie and cookie protein powders, dark choc double cream.

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
67.8 g
Fiber
10.1 g
Carbs
68.8 g
Sodium
7305.1 mg
Protein
142.2 g
Daily Calorie Composition: 19% from carbs, 42% from fat and 39% from protein.

Activity
Steps ~8000
After lunch:
10 x 3 minute rounds on the heavy bag
each round split into 1 minute punching, 1 minute low roundhouse kicks and knee strikes, 1 minute ground and pound

After dinner:
5 x 10 inverted body rows (slow, with pauses at top and bottom)
4 x 25 press ups (slow, with pauses hands on roller, 10 diamond and 15 shoulder width)
4 x (25 squats followed immediately by 25 walking lunges)
4 x 25 dead bugs
4 x 10 supermans

No kiddo today, so out for a long walk to do the food shop, then a walk into town to get some new clothes. One of the downsides of losing this much weight is that I can't find clothes that fit. I can't get shirts that fit, even slim fit ones that fit the torso flap around at the waist. Jeans and trousers that fit the glutes and legs leave a huge gap at the waist. I hate clothes shopping LOL! But health-wise it is a god problem to have. I must shovel in lots of food today. Yesterday was only ~1500 cals. Not enough! I should be getting in at least200 g of protein. Glad you started tracking, made me do the same, so now I can address the deficiencies.

Have a great Sunday!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Your FBG is brilliant as always, mines totally erratic, 1500 is no where enough, even I eat more than that, I agree clothes shopping is a pain, they don’t seem to make clothes for people who do a lot of exercise, I usually order online, no clothes shops round here anyway
So far my b/s has been fine today with no medication again, the real test will be going to the gym in the morning, I’ll post the libre graph if it does what it normally does, think logging on MFP really helps as does upping the protein
Have a good sunday

Reactions: AGC_68

AGC_68

Your BG levels over the full 24 hours were amazing. I hope your BG after the gym in the morning goes well :)

FBG: 5.8

B: Skipped (another glorious lie in .. not done this in months .. now 2 days in a row!)
L: Chicken keema and cauliflower rice, Pud: Greek yoghurt, choc brownie\choc cookie protein powder, berries, nuts and peanut butter, dark choc and double cream.
D: 3 egg omelette with garlic, spices, mushrooms, spinach, extra mature cheddar, side o kale cooked in butter and olive oil with garlic and seasoning, Pud: Greek yoghurt, choc brownie\choc cookie protein powder, berries, nuts, peanut butter, dark choc and double cream.
Late night after dinner: extra protein pud, as above but with extra peanut butter, an extra scoop of protein powder and extra double cream. I was not hungry at all but forced it down. Have to eat more!

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
129.7 g
Fiber
13.2 g
Carbs
77.7 g
Protein
167.4 g

Daily Calorie Composition: 14% from carbs, 55% from fat and 31% from protein. Enough protein for a guy my size as active as this. But I feel just crazy full.

Physical activity:
Steps ~10,000

Workout
5 x 3min rounds on punch bag
Each round split into:
1 min all out punching non stop
1 min all out high kicks non stop
1 min side to side crab walk down in squat position with stretch bands around knees

Followed by:
4 x 25 press ups
2 x 50 squats
4 x 25 bent over rows with 20 kg bells
5 x 10 bicep curls with pair of 16 kg dumbells

Hamstring and adductor stretches to cool down.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning FBG 4.3 contour 5.1
Yesterdays food
First thing mug of tea & strawberry protein shake with almond milk (hot, so good)
B/ 2 poached eggs with bacon
L/ lamb shank with broccoli & green beans
Alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, almonds & sunflower seeds
D: chicken breast, avocado, walnuts & d/g cheese
Exercise
2.27 mile run before lunch
Steps 10,250
Calories 1, 645
B/s before lunch after run 6.8
2 hours after lunch 10.8
20g gliclazide & disaster

you really were on it yesterday with diet & exercise, new sensor failed this morning, after gym blood sugar 14.2, gliclazide again, going to be another bad day

Attachments

• 91D67399-0E61-4AAC-BF8E-86BEA6EFD6C2.png
    91D67399-0E61-4AAC-BF8E-86BEA6EFD6C2.png
    329.8 KB · Views: 71
  • CD5FCB77-AE26-4431-9834-32502178B6FA.png
    CD5FCB77-AE26-4431-9834-32502178B6FA.png
    311.5 KB · Views: 71

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
This one probably shows it better

Attachments

• B6721A86-C9E3-4FF5-9452-E65097B1FD2D.png
    B6721A86-C9E3-4FF5-9452-E65097B1FD2D.png
    307.3 KB · Views: 74

AGC_68

Hey there Debbie

Oh man .. that's such a spike after exercise and then a massive drop in the BG after meds!
Looks like any exercise that has a significant intensity of anaerobic effort for medium/longer duration, gets your cortisol levels high enough to get your liver to produce a lot more BG. Can you tweak things to see what happens if you structure workouts to stay in the high intensity zones for a lot less time? Tabata style a few times a week? Then keep your other, longer duration workouts in the non-high cortisol inducing heart rate zones? I bet you've tried all kinds of things .. but just thought I'd ask .. you never know.

I wonder if your consultant can provide some insight when you have your appointment? Maybe other meds/dose protocols timing of meals with different exercise types etc.
Hope your levels back get into that green zone soon mate.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hey there Debbie

Oh man .. that's such a spike after exercise and then a massive drop in the BG after meds!
Looks like any exercise that has a significant intensity of anaerobic effort for medium/longer duration, gets your cortisol levels high enough to get your liver to produce a lot more BG. Can you tweak things to see what happens if you structure workouts to stay in the high intensity zones for a lot less time? Tabata style a few times a week? Then keep your other, longer duration workouts in the non-high cortisol inducing heart rate zones? I bet you've tried all kinds of things .. but just thought I'd ask .. you never know.

I wonder if your consultant can provide some insight when you have your appointment? Maybe other meds/dose protocols timing of meals with different exercise types etc.
Hope your levels back get into that green zone soon mate.
Thanks, 14.4 to 7.2 in 15 minutes after gym & 1/16th of a dose of gliclazide
DSN thinks I produce the insulin I need but can’t release it, then gliclazide opens the floodgates & it rushes out all in one go which is why it drops so quick, she’s never known it happen to anyone before, the dose I’m on isn’t even a proper dose & it shouldn’t do anything

AGC_68

Thanks, 14.4 to 7.2 in 15 minutes after gym & 1/16th of a dose of gliclazide
DSN thinks I produce the insulin I need but can’t release it, then gliclazide opens the floodgates & it rushes out all in one go which is why it drops so quick, she’s never known it happen to anyone before, the dose I’m on isn’t even a proper dose & it shouldn’t do anything
Yes .. that's an incredible rush of insulin! Hope the consultant can help. Great that you have that appointment coming up. Even if they haven't come across similar patients themselves before, they can ask colleagues and research the literature. At least the ball gets rolling. Good luck .. positive vibes coming at ya!

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
FBG libre 8.1 (another new one) contour 6.1
Yesterdays food
B/2 fried eggs & avocado
L/ roast pork, crackling , broccoli & swede & cheese muffins
D/ cheese, walnuts, tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, almonds & sunflower seeds
Calories 1,724
Steps 12,169
Yesterdays exercise
Gym 10 mins warm up on cross trainer
5 wall balls, 10 walking lunges (knee to floor) 10 chest to floor burpees, 200m run, 5 rounds, 15 minutes cool down on cross trainer & stretch
H/r only got to 79%
1.07 mile walk
Thanks for the advice yesterday, really have no idea what’s going on, roll on 3rd February
You’re doing so well, your FBG, food & exercise are so consistent, really not easy is it,
Have a good day

Attachments

• 97134C09-E6AD-4D94-936A-8047ADFCD165.png
    97134C09-E6AD-4D94-936A-8047ADFCD165.png
    332.1 KB · Views: 62

AGC_68

FBG: 6.4

B: Greek yogurt, coconut milk, choc diet protein powder, peanut butter, walnuts, pomegranate seeds, blueberries and raspberries
L: 3 roasted chicken thighs, spinach, red onion and avocado salad, pudding 2 squares 90% cocoa chocolate
D: 3 egg omelette with broccoli, spinach, mushrooms and cheddar
After dinner snack: choc protein pudding (as for breakfast but with, 1 square chopped 100% choc and double cream)
Didn't get to have dinner until very late. Lots of rushing around. Sent the FBG up a bit this morning.

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
97.8 g
Fiber
10.8 g
Carbs
54.1 g
Protein
145 g
Water
0 ml
Daily Calorie Composition: 13% from carbs, 52% from fat and 35% from protein.

Activity
Steps ~ 7000 steps

Workout at lunchtime today:

4 x 25 bent over rows with 32 kg kettle bell
4 x 6 biceps curls with 32 kg kettlebell
5 x 25 press ups
1 x 200 bodyweight only squats
4 x 25 dead bugs
4 x 10 supermans

Static stretches to cool down

AGC_68

FBG libre 8.1 (another new one) contour 6.1
Yesterdays food
B/2 fried eggs & avocado
L/ roast pork, crackling , broccoli & swede & cheese muffins
D/ cheese, walnuts, tablespoon crunchy peanut butter, alpro plain yogurt with coconut, blueberries, almonds & sunflower seeds
Calories 1,724
Steps 12,169
Yesterdays exercise
Gym 10 mins warm up on cross trainer
5 wall balls, 10 walking lunges (knee to floor) 10 chest to floor burpees, 200m run, 5 rounds, 15 minutes cool down on cross trainer & stretch
H/r only got to 79%
1.07 mile walk
Thanks for the advice yesterday, really have no idea what’s going on, roll on 3rd February
You’re doing so well, your FBG, food & exercise are so consistent, really not easy is it,
Have a good day
Love that Crossfit style workout @DEBBIESCOTT !
Great FBGs today.

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning
Libre 6.9 contour 6
Food
B/ 2 Lincolnshire sausages & scrambled eggs
L/ cold pork, courgette & onion fritters, cherry tomatoes & mushrooms
Snack hot strawberry protein powder with almond milk, 2 cheese strings
Skipped dinner
Exercise
Am 1.26 mile walk
Pm 3x 12 barbell deadlifts
3x 10 barbel clean & press
3x 12 barbell bench press
Fell asleep on sofa around 5ish, husband woke me up at 7 & went straight to bed, stayed in bed till 7 this morning (2 hours later than normal) just done a test positive,
Hope you have a good day

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Steps 7332

Attachments

• 189F3475-A3E6-45F9-9BEB-360C9E8FA58A.png
    189F3475-A3E6-45F9-9BEB-360C9E8FA58A.png
    334.8 KB · Views: 51

AGC_68

FBG: 6.1

Food:
B: My yoghurt, almond milk, protein powder, berry, pom seed nut butter and walnut thing
L: masses of kale, spinach, broccoli fried with garlic, cumin seeds, chilli flakes and lemon juice in olive oil and butter, 3 eggs added to the pan at the end, lid stuck on until they're cooked through, 1 avocado and some raw red onions
D: Brie, cheddar, salad, Ryvita rye crackers, pudding: yoghurt protein pudding as above + double cream and 1 square 100% chocolate
After dinner: another yoghurt protein pudding as above + double cream and 1 square 100% chocolate

Snacks: handful of grapes and 4 squares of Lindt 90% choc

Daily Totals
Calories
Fat
134.9 g
Fiber
26.2 g
Carbs
92 g
Sodium
15050.5 mg
Protein
109.1 g
Water
0 ml
Daily Calorie Composition:
18% from carbs, 60% from fat and 22% from protein.

Activity:
Steps: ~ 7000

Workout
4 times around the circuit below with 20 kg sand bag:
a. 25 x lift bag from floor to over head
b. 25 x chest to floor burpees
c. 25 x bent over rows
d. 15 x biceps curls
e. 25 x press ups
f. 25 x shoulder press
g. 30 x dead bugs

Static stretching to finish