Stomach problems

Maggie75

Hello everyone,

I'm T2, diagnosed in Nov 2020, was doing very well with it up until last summer when I had some health issues leading to severe anxiety which sent me off the rails with eating and drinking. My issue now is I'm having stomach problems, basically having to run to the bathroom after I eat anything with either runny stools or diarrhoea (sorry for TMI) and bad acid reflux and feeling nauseous quite a bit. This has been going on a few weeks now and I'm getting a bit worried. Could this just be from the diabetes? I know I'll probably have to contact my GP about it but as we all know in this time of covid it's so difficult to see anyone. I know nobody here can give medical advice but has anyone else experienced this at all? I currently take 1 500mg metformin a day. Thanks.

Maggie x

mouseee

Metformin is quite often the cause of gastro issues but beyond that could be lots of things so best to seek medical advice.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Ditto, you need be checked out by a doctor.
Too many general symptoms that could be anything, sorry!

Grant_Vicat

Type of diabetes
Don't have diabetes
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Intolerance, selfishness, rice pudding
Hello everyone,

I'm T2, diagnosed in Nov 2020, was doing very well with it up until last summer when I had some health issues leading to severe anxiety which sent me off the rails with eating and drinking. My issue now is I'm having stomach problems, basically having to run to the bathroom after I eat anything with either runny stools or diarrhoea (sorry for TMI) and bad acid reflux and feeling nauseous quite a bit. This has been going on a few weeks now and I'm getting a bit worried. Could this just be from the diabetes? I know I'll probably have to contact my GP about it but as we all know in this time of covid it's so difficult to see anyone. I know nobody here can give medical advice but has anyone else experienced this at all? I currently take 1 500mg metformin a day. Thanks.

Maggie x
What are your blood glucose readings like?

johnme

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
As others suggest, go to the doctor. Mine says he likes to rule out 'anything sinister.' This seems a good approach.