What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all are well.

Sadly disappointed in myself
I now need carer to assist in morning .

Lauren needed back at work
I need little looking after, I said

A lie

Carers all very pleasant, despite never knowing quite who is attending me next day

Determined to make this as short a gig for them as possible ...sorry carers, much love & gratitude, honest

Limited in what they can do or offer me
So I get a visual check, that I'm ok
& A cup of teas & a small breakfast that I'm most grateful for

Too proud to be washed ...I'll manage... is my response & mindset.

Lh hand in plaster fingers to mid forearm ..do NOT get wet
Rh shoulder blade broken, so upwards/side motions severely restricted
Rh leg broke, pinned, reskinned
Rh rear ribs repairing
And various other locations of hurt.

Seated bathing at sink best I can do at mo.

Self washing rather hit & miss.
Lauren helps where I let her

Fraught all round with my indignation/ wounded pride & her frustration at my perceived petulance ...

Too little experience of being a patient, patient
Who knew I'd be such a tw**...(yes, yes, you boys, quiet at the back )

Mobility now moved onto toileting.... alone....yippee.

And made tea & toast today.
Yes, yes food of the devil, but I need to eat to recover, so only 1 battle a day really matters.

I skirt around the T2D where It appears, so only minor skirmishes outside of main meals

Main foods I do better, Lauren knows over the last few years what I can eat , like to eat & should eat
So shops & cooks accordingly

But a damaged wrist from a few years back has become an issue and limits what she can do.
Current nurse ratched duties haven't helped

I'm not quite DiCaprio from the revenant tho it feels it somedays when I let myself wallow.

Must do better.

Been a good day today.
Various family visits

Cheered me up

Rehashing the accident & the repercussions, real or imagined, invade my darker thoughts
So any distractions most welcome.

Well enough to be capable of thinking I have found a rhythm through the day that helps rather then hinders.

As said getting fitter.
The drag of too many points of injury impacting that, but realistic to know each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery.

I tell myself Each dawn is a new day, I get to see & I get to see it complete, where so many don't.

An indulgent whine..sorry

Onwards and upwards
Is the only way forward.
Frustration breaking through - so difficult to be patient when patient you must be. But yes, each dawn is a new day that you get to see. Thanks for your postings.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi to all. @jjraak nowhere near a self indulgent whine. No one ever dealt with a problem by ignoring it and you and Lauren could never have envisaged the unique and particular circumstances in which you find yourself. Take whatever help is on offer until you heal. Thoughts and prayers with you and Lauren. Whatever is going on in my life and in The World your situation has become the new elephant in this particular room just now. Of course @SlimLizzy, Jan and family, Hilary and @Krystyna23040 and so many others still need our thoughts and prayers.

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hope all are well.

Sadly disappointed in myself
I now need carer to assist in morning .

Lauren needed back at work
I need little looking after, I said

A lie

Carers all very pleasant, despite never knowing quite who is attending me next day

Determined to make this as short a gig for them as possible ...sorry carers, much love & gratitude, honest

Limited in what they can do or offer me
So I get a visual check, that I'm ok
& A cup of teas & a small breakfast that I'm most grateful for

Too proud to be washed ...I'll manage... is my response & mindset.

Lh hand in plaster fingers to mid forearm ..do NOT get wet
Rh shoulder blade broken, so upwards/side motions severely restricted
Rh leg broke, pinned, reskinned
Rh rear ribs repairing
And various other locations of hurt.

Seated bathing at sink best I can do at mo.

Self washing rather hit & miss.
Lauren helps where I let her

Fraught all round with my indignation/ wounded pride & her frustration at my perceived petulance ...

Too little experience of being a patient, patient
Who knew I'd be such a tw**...(yes, yes, you boys, quiet at the back )

Mobility now moved onto toileting.... alone....yippee.

And made tea & toast today.
Yes, yes food of the devil, but I need to eat to recover, so only 1 battle a day really matters.

I skirt around the T2D where It appears, so only minor skirmishes outside of main meals

Main foods I do better, Lauren knows over the last few years what I can eat , like to eat & should eat
So shops & cooks accordingly

But a damaged wrist from a few years back has become an issue and limits what she can do.
Current nurse ratched duties haven't helped

I'm not quite DiCaprio from the revenant tho it feels it somedays when I let myself wallow.

Must do better.

Been a good day today.
Various family visits

Cheered me up

Rehashing the accident & the repercussions, real or imagined, invade my darker thoughts
So any distractions most welcome.

Well enough to be capable of thinking I have found a rhythm through the day that helps rather then hinders.

As said getting fitter.
The drag of too many points of injury impacting that, but realistic to know each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery.

I tell myself Each dawn is a new day, I get to see & I get to see it complete, where so many don't.

An indulgent whine..sorry

Onwards and upwards
Is the only way forward.
@jjraak you are actually doing really well. You are right that 'each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery".

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Patience at being a patient is not easy at the best of times.
Extra gentle hugs from afar for you @jjraak

t4621.gif
Indeed......

In hospital ..well, what else could I be

But at home.

Yes, I am very less so ...guilty as charged, M'lud.

Up & moving, exercises etc, all just take it out of me

Unsure if post covid (Nov 2021) fatigue
Or overdoing it since accident

But the bed has become a haven & sleep a glorious distraction from the drag of time.

Patience dear boy, something I need to learn..

Such kind thoughts & hugs.
Thank you so much

Hope your day has plenty to enjoy in it .

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.2 this morning. Very cold this morning but a very enjoyable dog walk. The grass in the park was very frosty - a nice change from being muddy.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Frustration breaking through - so difficult to be patient when patient you must be. But yes, each dawn is a new day that you get to see. Thanks for your postings.

Yep, nailed it

Frustration.

I can't do this
i can't do that
This hurts to do
That Hurts to do

Very wearing after 42 days

I do chide myself with.
"Look how much better You are, then 42 days ago."

Works for s bit, but then that petulant child peaks from behind covers with a defiant "don't care ...want to be better NOW !! "

So definitely a work in progress.

Wise words.
Taken on board

Cheers.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi to all. @jjraak nowhere near a self indulgent whine. No one ever dealt with a problem by ignoring it and you and Lauren could never have envisaged the unique and particular circumstances in which you find yourself. Take whatever help is on offer until you heal. Thoughts and prayers with you and Lauren. Whatever is going on in my life and in The World your situation has become the new elephant in this particular room just now. Of course @SlimLizzy, Jan and family, Hilary and @Krystyna23040 and so many others need still need our thoughts and prayers.

Much appreciate the kind words & goodwill behind them

But it is a whine.
I know and I am grateful to be here

But I still see others with their own concerns.

You with your unwanted guest.
Evicted forever i hope, but with such worry.
A wider family, with their own health issues

@Krystyna23040 ....
With worries over Mr k, masked but still clear.
The care for her sister, & family, after their loss.

Yet still finding time & compassion for s friend.

And @SlimLizzy , coping with the most traumatic loss, beyond a child, that of a parent

That seemingly permanent bulwark, against all that life throws at us.
Adored & admired throughout our lives

And whilst knowing, few can say they didn't childishly wish the end, that comes to us all, would never come for them.

Yet come it must and we weather that storm as best we can

And others with their own pains, shared or kept in the shadows.

We all have our own and ways of dealing with them

For me, I'm more "a problem shared, is a problem halved" kinda guy

A philosophy I hope I have done credit when responding to others here & in RL.

Which just leaves a big thank you to all for letting me whine and getting such responses, full of kind words & respect

Grateful indeed

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Much appreciate the kind words & goodwill behind them

But it is a whine.
I know and I am grateful to be here

But I still see others with their own concerns.

You with your unwanted guest.
Evicted forever i hope, but with such worry.
A wider family, with their own health issues

@Krystyna23040 ....
With worries over Mr k, masked but still clear.
The care for her sister, & family, after their loss.

Yet still finding time & compassion for s friend.

And @SlimLizzy , coping with the most traumatic loss, beyond a child, that of a parent

That seemingly permanent bulwark, against all that life throws at us.
Adored & admired throughout our lives

And whilst knowing, few can say they didn't childishly wish the end, that comes to us all, would never come for them.

Yet come it must and we weather that storm as best we can

And others with their own pains, shared or kept in the shadows.

We all have our own and ways of dealing with them

For me, I'm more "a problem shared, is a problem halved" kinda guy

A philosophy I hope I have done credit when responding to others here & in RL.

Which just leaves a big thank you to all for letting me whine and getting such responses, full of kind words & respect

Grateful indeed

Very touching and moving post. Funny old game this reading about other people’s lives. My break from Swipey ends Thursday because I won’t solve a problem by ignoring it. T2 management appears to be the biggest elephant in my room atm judging by recent medicals and potential surgery. LC is a fairly nasty and potentially unhealthy way of managing T2 as far as I can see but as a Dr said it leaves plenty of wriggle room for other methods should it stop working. I have always thought that is almost certainly when it stops working but I’m fallible. In my mind the smart each way bet is to shift weights at a gym, take supplements, prioritise protein but be super wary of fat which isn't part and parcel of the protein and watch lipids like a hawk. Thanks so much @jjraak - no comfort for you I know. Unique and particular - today's earworm for me.

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a cirrus ladened blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north. Whatever happened to that first line in Richard III, is it all being hogged daan saaaf? Wallpapergate is well on the way in one of the upstairs bedrooms and I can see the prospect of some paste being mixed today for replacement paper. All going splendidly and we have the new experience of a skip arriving on Thursday. Do we need to pipe it onto the drive. Always wary of new experiences in case it writes over some essential knowledge, like how to walk or blink. Or worse still, make koffy. Mrs Miggins tested negative this morning. Me - no.

Another spray and ink which needed a little bridge and a house or two. Have the best day that you can have, I really must make more koffy.

upload_2022-1-18_10-16-30.jpeg

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@jjraak you are actually doing really well. You are right that 'each day is step closer to better/fuller recovery".

Very kind of you to take time to post.
When you have so much to contend with.

In my heart... you are right

It's just hard to reconcile the journey back with my current position, physical & otherwise, as being close.

But I must clasp closely, that each step, does in truth, take me closer to that goal of better health

No pain.
No gain
I believe some say.

Have a good day
Love to you.K
Love to Mr K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from under a cirrus ladened blue sky here in the dark and dangerous north. Whatever happened to that first line in Richard III, is it all being hogged daan saaaf? Wallpapergate is well on the way in one of the upstairs bedrooms and I can see the prospect of some paste being mixed today for replacement paper. All going splendidly and we have the new experience of a skip arriving on Thursday. Do we need to pipe it onto the drive. Always wary of new experiences in case it writes over some essential knowledge, like how to walk or blink. Or worse still, make koffy. Mrs Miggins tested negative this morning. Me - no.

Another spray and ink which needed a little bridge and a house or two. Have the best day that you can have, I really must make more koffy.

View attachment 52939
Hug for still no negative but well done on the super fast skip acquisition. Thank you for sharing your art and enjoy your coffee as many do. As a carrier for whey protein I can live with a very large mug most days.

Reactions: dunelm

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
I would like to start this post with good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, so I shall….hold me and me’s just did.
A straight 7.0 this morning.

Wow two of my fellow greasers on this site down, @jjraak and @dunelm, please, please fellow greasers get betterer soon, for the uninitiated greasers is slang for motorcyclists.
Here in Tilehurst Towers the day has been replanned.
Stay safe all and multiple virtual hugs where required.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hug for still no negative but well done on the super fast skip acquisition. Thank you for sharing your art and enjoy your coffee as many do. As a carrier for whey protein I can live with a very large mug most days.
Thanks @ianpspurs - I have whey protein also - vanilla flavour - but I will be having avocado salad for brunch.

Reactions: jjraak

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I would like to start this post with good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, so I shall….hold me and me’s just did.
A straight 7.0 this morning.

Wow two of my fellow greasers on this site down, @jjraak and @dunelm, please, please fellow greasers get betterer soon, for the uninitiated greasers is slang for motorcyclists.
Here in Tilehurst Towers the day has been replanned.
Stay safe all and multiple virtual hugs where required.
Shiny side up @alf_Josiah

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Indeed......

In hospital ..well, what else could I be

But at home.

Yes, I am very less so ...guilty as charged, M'lud.

Up & moving, exercises etc, all just take it out of me

Unsure if post covid (Nov 2021) fatigue
Or overdoing it since accident

But the bed has become a haven & sleep a glorious distraction from the drag of time.

Patience dear boy, something I need to learn..

Such kind thoughts & hugs.
Thank you so much

Hope your day has plenty to enjoy in it .
Enjoy your haven of bed and periodic sleep rests in the day @jjraak
All movement will take it out of you. So that's all good you keep moving, but when you go back to bed for some respite from the pains and frustrations of the day, fully enjoy that half hour or much longer in bed. Me, I put my leccy blanket on, make a cuppa, put my steam eye mask on....

xx

Last edited:
Reactions: ianpspurs