Morning Glucose reading

Tutts711

I noticed that immediately after I wake up, before breakfast, my glucose reading is about 6.1 to 6.5.
But during the day, before lunch or dinner, it drops to low 5 for high 4.
Is this a normal pattern that is decreases over the day?

Jon A

I noticed that immediately after I wake up, before breakfast, my glucose reading is about 6.1 to 6.5.
But during the day, before lunch or dinner, it drops to low 5 for high 4.
Is this a normal pattern that is decreases over the day?
I am not a medical person so I can only say what I experience over 60 years of diabetes.
First thing to say is Don't worry. Talk to your healthcare people about this. I think it is that you are well controlled and your body is anticipating the time you eat. I suspect you have a routine of eating at the same time every day. I eat at the same time every day and because of this, I take less rapid insulin or (conversely) if I eat at an abnormal time, I have to take more.
I hope this helps but certainly don't be too alarmed by these numbers and talk with your support staff.

xfieldok

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Most probably the dawn phenomenon, your liver is trying to be helpful and dumping to help you get going. You can ignore this, it will come down in its own sweet time.

Tutts711

I am not a medical person so I can only say what I experience over 60 years of diabetes.
First thing to say is Don't worry. Talk to your healthcare people about this. I think it is that you are well controlled and your body is anticipating the time you eat. I suspect you have a routine of eating at the same time every day. I eat at the same time every day and because of this, I take less rapid insulin or (conversely) if I eat at an abnormal time, I have to take more.
I hope this helps but certainly don't be too alarmed by these numbers and talk with your support staff.

Thanks!!

D

Deleted member 543160

Yes - definitely for me! When I started testing one of the first patterns I saw was that my glucose levels dropped during the day.