Let’s talk Livers…….

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies but I am trying to keep grounded after a contrast lever ultrasound!

I was diagnosed with T2 in August 2021. Following a car accident in December 2021, I underwent an CT scan which showed abnormalities, so I was referred for an ultrasound. Yesterday’s ultrasound revealed a fatty liver, a suspected Hemangioma and a suspected Hepatocellualar Andenoma. So my brain is working overtime, I was anxious about fatty liver but now I feel that my body is giving up on me.
Anybody with experience of Hemanigomas or Andenomas?

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Apologies but I am trying to keep grounded after a contrast lever ultrasound!

I was diagnosed with T2 in August 2021. Following a car accident in December 2021, I underwent an CT scan which showed abnormalities, so I was referred for an ultrasound. Yesterday’s ultrasound revealed a fatty liver, a suspected Hemangioma and a suspected Hepatocellualar Andenoma. So my brain is working overtime, I was anxious about fatty liver but now I feel that my body is giving up on me.
Anybody with experience of Hemanigomas or Andenomas?

@McHelen , you mention Hemanigomas and Adenomas; have you been diagnosed as having these? If so, what was the discussion surrounding it?

Referring to fatty liver and T2; many of those diagnosed T2 find themselves with fatty liver. Once their T2 is under control, a goodly proportion of that group find their fatty liver has resolved itself.

Of course, nothing is certain in this life (aside from death and taxes), but please don't get going down any black rabbit holes. It's not going to help with anything.

If you do have a fatty liver requiring treatment of some kind, at least you know about it. "Stuff" meandering on in the background unannounced is more worrying, in my book.

Fingers crossed you can get yourself into the self resolving group.

McHelen

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
@McHelen , you mention Hemanigomas and Adenomas; have you been diagnosed as having these? If so, what was the discussion surrounding it?

Referring to fatty liver and T2; many of those diagnosed T2 find themselves with fatty liver. Once their T2 is under control, a goodly proportion of that group find their fatty liver has resolved itself.

Of course, nothing is certain in this life (aside from death and taxes), but please don't get going down any black rabbit holes. It's not going to help with anything.

If you do have a fatty liver requiring treatment of some kind, at least you know about it. "Stuff" meandering on in the background unannounced is more worrying, in my book.

Fingers crossed you can get yourself into the self resolving group.
Thank you, I am feeling a little more positive just waiting for results. I have 2 tumours in my liver, at the ultrasound the radiologist said that he suspected one was a Hemanigoma and the other was an Adenoma. I am waiting for my GP to get the full report.

Now I have had time to process and I am feeling really positive and focusing on getting myself into the best physical condition as possible with diet and exercise. That way I will be able to tackle what ever is over the horizon!

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I was told I had a fatty liver before my diabetes diagnosis, but offered no advice. Just before covid hit I signed up for a research project about fatty liver but the initial scans, etc showed my fatty liver had resolved since going low carb so I was dropped - this was the opposite of what the GP who was anti my 'high fat' diet had warned.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you, I am feeling a little more positive just waiting for results. I have 2 tumours in my liver, at the ultrasound the radiologist said that he suspected one was a Hemanigoma and the other was an Adenoma. I am waiting for my GP to get the full report.

Now I have had time to process and I am feeling really positive and focusing on getting myself into the best physical condition as possible with diet and exercise. That way I will be able to tackle what ever is over the horizon!
Fingers

Good plan. Get yourself in great shape. Whatever the reality of your tumours you'll be in the best shape you can be.

Tumour is such a scary and emotive word, but not all are troubleseom.

Fingers crossed for you with it all.