Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Many members will know Donnellydogs who had type1

I had a message this morning from her husband, to say that she sadly passed away last night at home.

RIP dear Sharon xx

zand

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Oh thanks for posting ally and that's so thoughtful that DD and her hubby arranged to let us know.

I have fond memories of Sharon and I had been wondering if we would ever know when she had passed.

Such sad news, but I'm glad the suffering is over for her and that she died at home.

I'll miss you DD
X

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Oh thanks for posting ally and that's so thoughtful that DD and her hubby arranged to let us know.

I have fond memories of Sharon and I had been wondering if we would ever know when she had passed.

Such sad news, but I'm glad the suffering is over for her and that she died at home.

I'll miss you DD
X

DD and myself had become very good friends. We would regulary facetime each other, trying to put the world to rights. That never happened.

DD decided to spend the last few weeks at home because when in hospital, they wouldn't give her the correct treatment for her diabetes.

She is at peace now. No more suffering x

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Thank you for telling us, and thank @donnellysdogs and her husband for being so thoughtful to inform us.
She's been a great help to me and many others.
Please tell her husband we're thinking of him if you message him again.

Reactions: VashtiB and Bea56

MrsMoo325

Type of diabetes
Type 1
@ally1, thanks so much for this update, I was so saddened to read Sharon’s last posts and her concerns about medication in the hospice but I am glad to hear she spent her last days at home and is no longer suffering l. I didn’t know if we would ever hear when she had passed so it is very kind of you and her husband to let us know. Please pass on sympathy to her husband if you are in contact with him. You have lost a good friend too, sending a virtual hug . RIP dear Sharon/Donnellydogs xxx

Reactions: Pipp and Bea56

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thank you for telling us, and thank @donnellysdogs and her husband for being so thoughtful to inform us.
She's been a great help to me and many others.
Please tell her husband we're thinking of him if you message him again.
I will message him again and pass on your message

Reactions: Pipp

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
@ally1, thanks so much for this update, I was so saddened to read Sharon’s last posts and her concerns about medication in the hospice but I am glad to hear she spent her last days at home and is no longer suffering l. I didn’t know if we would ever hear when she had passed so it is very kind of you and her husband to let us know. Please pass on sympathy to her husband if you are in contact with him. You have lost a good friend too, sending a virtual hug . RIP dear Sharon/Donnellydogs xxx
I will pass on your message.
I will miss Sharon so much

We spoke f2f every few days. Towards the end it was so sad to see Sharon fading away

We helped each other on so many ways. Xx

Jaylee

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @ally1 ,

Thanks for letting us know this hard & very sad news to break.

I offer my condolences to DD's family.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I will pass on your message.
I will miss Sharon so much

We spoke f2f every few days. Towards the end it was so sad to see Sharon fading away

We helped each other on so many ways. Xx
I am so sorry you have lost your friend. Thank you for letting us know. My thoughts are with you XXX

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
So very sad. Thank you for letting us know @ally1

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
So sad, I know she helped so much, when I was a newbie!

Thank you @ally1!

Reactions: Pipp

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Rest easy Sharon. The world has lost a strong and brave warrior.

Thank you for letting us know @ally1. You must be devastated and feel a big hole in in your heart. I hope you can remember the better times.

Take it steady. Don't forget your friends who are here for you.

Edited to correct bonkers typo.

Last edited:

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Rest easy Sharon. The world has lost a strong and brave warrior.

Thank you for letting us know @ally1. You must be devastated and feel a big hole in in your heart. I hope you can remember the finder times.

Take it steady. Don't forget your friends who are here for you.
Thank you.
I knew this was coming, it was Sharon that I felt for because all she wanted was to go quickly. In the end was two months of agony for her.
I have lots of great memories and great photos to look back on.
I am so glad that she was able to get married last year. Xx

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Many members will know Donnellydogs who had type1

I had a message this morning from her husband, to say that she sadly passed away last night at home.

RIP dear Sharon xx
Hi ally1 I remember Donnellydogs from when I was on here 2017 so very sorry to hear such sad news.. K

lovinglife

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you @ally1 for taking the time to let us know about the sad news of Donnellydogs passing. I was thinking about her the other day, I pray she is now at peace and please pass on my condolences to her family. I am sad that you have also lost such a good friend and hold you too in my prayers

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
Thank you @ally1 for taking the time to let us know about the sad news of Donnellydogs passing. I was thinking about her the other day, I pray she is now at peace and please pass on my condolences to her family. I am sad that you have also lost such a good friend and hold you too in my prayers
Thank you.
I will miss her terribly. X

ally1

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
liver
It just seems so surreal that dear Sharon has gone. Even though I was expecting this, it doesn't seem right. Sharon was only 58. X