What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone on a still and dark start here in the dark and dangerous north.
Plumber arrived yesterday afternoon, removed a radiator and tidied up the pipes. Also, the skip was taken away but before you could blink another one was put in place. Some windows and outside doors being replaced and an electric roller door installed on the garage. Skip required for the debris. Wood burner bloke also due to make an appearance this morning to do a survey. We already know where the stove will be going and I’m dead good at calculating the volume of a room - still, it’s all part of the service. So it’s hands to mainsail today. Swab out the guns, check powder and prepare to sit in a corner, out of the way.

Another scene based on the Zhangjiajie mountains. Have a great day if you can. I really must add koffy to the shopping list.

upload_2022-1-25_7-18-6.jpeg

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hi everyone!

6.30am fbg was 5.4
Had low carb pancakes for breakfast and spent all morning at the shops getting bbq meats, salads etc. I'm having my in laws over tomorrow for Australia day!! Nothing like a good ol fashioned Aussie BBQ lol

Hope everyone has a great day!
Hope Australia day goes well tomorrow.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a still and dark start here in the dark and dangerous north.
Plumber arrived yesterday afternoon, removed a radiator and tidied up the pipes. Also, the skip was taken away but before you could blink another one was put in place. Some windows and outside doors being replaced and an electric roller door installed on the garage. Skip required for the debris. Wood burner bloke also due to make an appearance this morning to do a survey. We already know where the stove will be going and I’m dead good at calculating the volume of a room - still, it’s all part of the service. So it’s hands to mainsail today. Swab out the guns, check powder and prepare to sit in a corner, out of the way.

Another scene based on the Zhangjiajie mountains. Have a great day if you can. I really must add koffy to the shopping list.

View attachment 53061
Busy busy at your place @dunelm
A brilliant detailed mountains painting. I love it. I can wander round it...

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Blinking cold yesterday.

Spent 4 separate 15 mins in the garden trying to do a job, but then came back to recover under the electric blanket in bed...
So many dull grey days, what my mother used to call gas oven days...as in the Simon&Garfunkel song A Most Peculiar Man....

There was a brightly coloured small bird in my garden yesterday, but the sparrows were attacking it. It had an orange breast. I went out but the flying and acrobatics was so fast, I could neither see it properly, nor catch it.

I need sun, so, I painted a sunset in iPastel.
But the weather app still says dark clouds all day again...

Keep the curtains shut today. Turn on the fairy lights. Go on Google Earth, and find blue skies and sun. I am currently wending my way (virtually) up towards Mount Fuji...

Time for a cuppa...and a bit more of Mount Fuji...
Enjoy your morning cuppa!

View attachment 53059

Have to agree with @dunelm
(Cheers for pointing out )

Nice detailing @gennepher

And enjoy the ....

Ooops forget what I was on about

I know there's summit else I wanted to say

Oh well.:bag:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 6.2 this morning on the meter of confusion.
Routine blood letting this morning, by the time they get to take the blood it will be mostly koffy.
Stay safe all and enjoy the day.

edit
Me and me’s attempt to introduce a little structure into Mrs J’s life was a failure, but fear not plan B is being hatched

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen.
A 6.2 this morning on the meter of confusion.
Routine blood letting this morning, by the time they get to take the blood it will be mostly koffy.
Stay safe all and enjoy the day.

edit
Me and me’s attempt to introduce a little structure into Mrs J’s life was a failure, but fear not plan B is being hatched
Hugs for the blood letting @alf_Josiah
p12018.gif

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thanks for the art @gennepher and @dunelm. My, but you are a full steam ahead kinda family. Are there more Tradies in that there D and D North or do you perform a better Wall Street Shuffle? @jjraak you peaked too early son, @Jojo85 have a simply wonderful Australia day - will there be prawns and Gladioli? @Krystyna23040 Suffolk is equally gloomy. @karen8967 by now all should be good but hug for that. @alf_Josiah, hmm. Who to offer the hugs for? Mrs A J, the Nurse, you? Decisions, decisions. Replacement sensor arriving anytime this year - Abbott time. Oddly, I had a birthday cake on June 19th 2020 - mine was scrupulously keto (Ganache as frosting of any kind is a hideous idea and definitely never, ever erythritol - it tastes evil) and just the two of us. Some of these defences now look as flimsy as if England's batting coach or Spurs defensive coach are preparing them. Will the result be the same?

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Fbg 6.5

Blinking cold yesterday.

Spent 4 separate 15 mins in the garden trying to do a job, but then came back to recover under the electric blanket in bed...
So many dull grey days, what my mother used to call gas oven days...as in the Simon&Garfunkel song A Most Peculiar Man....

There was a brightly coloured small bird in my garden yesterday, but the sparrows were attacking it. It had an orange breast. I went out but the flying and acrobatics was so fast, I could neither see it properly, nor catch it.

I need sun, so, I painted a sunset in iPastel.
But the weather app still says dark clouds all day again...

Keep the curtains shut today. Turn on the fairy lights. Go on Google Earth, and find blue skies and sun. I am currently wending my way (virtually) up towards Mount Fuji...

Time for a cuppa...and a bit more of Mount Fuji...
Enjoy your morning cuppa!

View attachment 53059
Dramatic sky like your paintings very much, K

Reactions: jjraak

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.5

Creative today...another pastel sunset in iPastel...a bit of a quickie this morning.
Another dark dull grey day promised by the weather app, and cold again.
Going to have a quick nap under my steam eye mask before I start the day again. I have been awake since 3 am...zzz...

Take care...

0D1EDC1E-2E71-40B3-9F39-5B2E99542DDB.jpeg

Reactions: karen8967