What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Bed 6 5 FBG 6.6. Good day today . No dawn spike despite breakfast being a bit later (transporting DIL to clinic with lots of laundered towels).

B. TAG and a bit later (after school run & DIL transport) 2 rashers back bacon, 2 fried eggs and 4 santini tomatoes.
L. Coconut milk
D. This should have been yesterday's lunch but I'm not really a lunch person and haggis was the evening meal. Instead it became a slightly different version for dinner today. Lettuce "wraps" filled with tuna, spring onion, tomato, egg, Phiĺly, lime juice, chilli, mayo. Rather nice and no cooking. Easily adapted for Hubby - added baked potato.

@Goonergal - restraint! Hubby left his tin of Quality Street out. I had one. Still too sweet.
20220125_180123.jpg

Tori71

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
They come in 4's....as I found out to my cost, couldn't stop at one ...or 2...or 3...
You have been warned!
Ah ha! Yes, I looked them up on the morrisons site. Luckily, I'm taking them round to friends to dispose of the other three!:angelic:

Reactions: MrsA2

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I hope all goes well with the scan xxx. Is it a hotel job now your London abode is sold?

Thanks and Yes, exactly that, works out pretty expensive but still cheaper than trying to keep 2 houses.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Looking forward to hotel breakfast today but it was so disappointing. It was a buffet style so I loaded my plate with Scrambled eggs, mushrooms and bacon. I ate about 2 mouthfuls but it all had an odd fishy taste. I Left the rest and went back to the cold buffet, sadly this wasn’t much better, the salami was bright pink and floppy, there was sliced meat of indeterminate origin - I couldn’t figure out if it was chicken, ham or Turkey so didn’t try it. I ended up with 2 slices of cheese so not much for the money.
No lunch today but dinner made up for it - at one of Marco Pierre White’s restaurants. Very reasonably priced. Caesar salad ( no croutons) and ribeye steak with Bearnaise sauce and spinach instead of the posh chips. It was perfectly cooked and actually cheaper than last nights curry. Had a martini first and red wine with it. Square of 90% choc when we got back to the hotel.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Back to 2 meals today so 18/6 fasting/eating
Lunch three eggs scrambled in butter with four M and S lc seeded crackers followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries and 5g of walnuts
Mid pm three squares of 90% chocolate- one planned but somehow couldn’t stop at one!Think I need to follow example of @DJC3 and put into portions when open new bar and freeze them. Talking of @DJC3 - hoping tests go well in London and hope you manage to enjoy your LC treats while eating out.
Dinner pork saltimboca with salads followed by DGF chocolate brownie warmed and served with spoon of cream

Thank you. I Have broken the whole bar of chocolate into tiny bits to bring away with me. It may be better from an insulin point of view to eat a whole square at once but I’m enjoying having a little bit dissolved on my tongue several times a day. Lindt is gorgeous isn’t it? So much creamier than the Montezuma’s I was having.

Reactions: Goonergal and MrsA2

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
DGF means Deliciously Guilt Free A wonderful low carb cake company that several of us use so that we can have a sweet treat when we don't have time for low carb sweet treats cooking. They freeze well too.
www.deliciouslyguiltfree.com
OMAD means one meal a day - a fair few of us do some time restricted eating aiming to fast for the rest of the time. For example I would aim in my fasting window to not eat at all and make sure that my drinks are also sugar free eg black tea, water or black coffee. I often eat 18/6 which means that I fast for 18 hours and only eat - low carb of course - during 6 hours or sometimes 16/8 with 16 hours of fasting if hungry earlier. On OMAD fasting window may be 23 hours and eating 1 hour unless it is a big one meal a day! I did OMAD when first started eating this way but these days dont do it as often.
TAG I think is one used by @maglil55 and refers to an Americano Grande I think from her Tassimo coffee machine so think it is a black coffee.
Personally when I first started I had to go Keto and have less than 20 g of carbs to make a difference for me to my sugars and weight. I found at that stage it was easier with OMAD These days I aim for 20/30 but sometimes go up to about 50 but I am successfully maintaining my blood sugars and weight 4 years on. We would all count our daily carbs on this thread - I believe - as it is the low carb thread.
I think it could be helpful if those using the abbreviations put them in their signature, to avoidconfusing the uninitiated? Just a suggestion, as itis easy to confuse, even an old established member like me.

Pipp

Staff Member
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Breakfast: Fage yogurt full fat, and walnuts, black coffee
Lunch: hungry after pool workout, : veg soup, brie, black decaff coffee
Dinner: tuna mayonnaise salad, sugar free tonic water
Evening: decaff coffee with coconut milk, 8 almonds

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I’m on my holibobs at the moment, I think I forgot to post yesterday! Today however was as follows:
Breakfast: self catering so my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Mid morning: coffeee shop coconut cappuccino and a Good food dr protein bar.
Lunch: M&S coriander and chilli prawns and leafy salad with one tomato followed by Deliciously Guilt Free chocolate and orange brownie with cream.
Dinner Chinese take away: crispy duck, 3 small pancakes, a smidge of sauce and veggies followed by SF cherry jelly and cream.

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, some fried up leftover mashed veggies for breakfast.
Nothing for smoko just lemon cordial osomolax mix.
Cottage pie with mashes JAP pumpkin on my portion, green veggies, small portion of lemon sorbet for lunch.
JO fish cakes for supper at six.

Blue, and tasty cheddar cheese on pepper crackers, watching a tv series called Leverage on Prime video.

Have a great Australia Day today.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Had my bacon and egg around 8 pm and immediately developed indigestion and nausea, which is still there. Bacon and egg in the morning has never caused this kind of reaction so it must be something to do with the timing. I'll just go back to having it early in the day and hoping it will do for OMAD more days than not and being part of TWOMAD on some days.

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Two slices of middle bacon, two egg and cheese omelette, some fried up leftover mashed veggies for breakfast.
Nothing for smoko just lemon cordial osomolax mix.
Cottage pie with mashes JAP pumpkin on my portion, green veggies, small portion of lemon sorbet for lunch.
JO fish cakes for supper at six.

Blue, and tasty cheddar cheese on pepper crackers, watching a tv series called Leverage on Prime video.

Have a great Australia Day today.

"Like" except for the blue cheese element - that's another thing I won't eat. Never realised I was so fussy.

Reactions: maglil55

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
It's 11.30 am. Been up for hours but until half an hour ago I'd only had water and one cup of tea. At 11 I had my (hopefully) one meal today. Bacon, Eggs and 2 slices of wholemeal toast - about 30 g carbs. I might manage to get through the day with nothing else, other than fluids. Here's hoping!

RosemaryJackson

Well, yesterday I said, I'll cut down my carbs and try the 16/8 window of eating. The wndow opened and the idea flew out.o_O I decided to have bf at Tescos and their bf is egg, bacon, b/beans,tomato, hash browns and toast or fried bread. I was very virtuous :happy: and refused the bread and baked beans but thought oh one hash brown can't be too many. When it came, it had 2 hash browns! Could you leave one??? I couldn't . Not so very virtuous after all. So that came to 32g of carbs in one fell swoop. Hey ho, back to the drawing board. Will have to be scrambled egg for tea.

Reactions: DJC3 and maglil55

Alexandra100

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
When it came, it had 2 hash browns! Could you leave one??? I couldn't
Always hard to pass up on food that is free or already paid for. That's why "all you can eat" buffets are such a disaster. Next time maybe negotiate when ordering. Could you leave out all the carby foods but score eg extra bacon? Then the temptation would not be there right on your plate.

Reactions: DJC3

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Not eaten much as of yet, as I had this surprise dentist appointment.
I have this one molar in the back which has been a bit loose for a while, dentist and I hoped it would settle again. It's been just so slightly botherig me, so I thought to give them a call to ask for an appointment to have it extracted sometime in the next months, no hurry.
This was at 1:10 pm, and I hadn't eaten yet. The assistent said someone had rang off so could I make it in 20 minutes?
It being a 15 minute drive, this left me 4 minutes to brush my teeth, so off I went but without having eaten anything yet!

It's 5:30 now, and the numbness is finally getting better. I did have some grated cheese (bad idea when your cheek, half your tongue and even part of your throat is numb, but that's just what you do without thinking when grating cheese) and I scooped some cream cheese from the package with my finger when making cauliflower puree (went a lot better than the grated cheese).

To make up for the lack of food and because I'm feeling rather sorry for myself with the surprise tooth extraction, I added at least double the usual amount of cheese (both grated and cream) to the cauliflower puree I'll have later tonight with boef bourguignon from the freezer.
I was going to make something with minced meat but it turned out I didn't have any. Not a bad thing at all, I doubt I'd be up to be cooking from scratch today.

For now, there is a saying that a beer is a cheese sandwich in the Netherlands.
Not counting the little bit of cheese I had while cooking, I guess we can say I'm having a well deserved cheese sandwich for breakfast right now... :bag::D

Last edited:
Reactions: Megnala and DJC3

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Not eaten much as of yet, as I had this surprise dentist appointment.
I have this one molar in the back which has been a bit loose for a while, dentist and I hoped it would settle again. It's been just so slightly botherig me, so I thought to give them a call to ask for an appointment to have it extracted sometime in the next months, no hurry.
This was at 1:10 pm, and I hadn't eaten yet. The assistent said someone had rang off so could I make it in 20 minutes?
It being a 15 minute drive, this left me 4 minutes to brush my teeth, so off I went but without having eaten anything yet!

It's 5:30 now, and the numbness is finally getting better. I did have some grated cheese (bad idea when your cheek, half your tongue and even part of your throat is numb, but that's just what you do without thinking when grating cheese) and I scooped some cream cheese from the package with my finger when making cauliflower puree (went a lot better than the grated cheese).

To make up for the lack of food and because I'm feeling rather sorry for myself with the surprise tooth extraction, I added at least double the usual amount of cheese (both grated and cream) to the cauliflower puree I'll have later tonight with boef bourguignon from the freezer.
I was going to make something with minced meat but it turned out I didn't have any. Not a bad thing at all, I doubt I'd be up to be cooking from scratch today.

For now, there is a saying that a beer is a cheese sandwich in the Netherlands.
Not counting the little bit of cheese I had while cooking, I guess we can say I'm having a well deserved cheese sandwich for breakfast right now... :bag::D

Why can't I do a funny and a hug? Chose funny in the end because you are so up-beat but having a molar removed deserves a hug any day.