What was your fasting blood glucose? (with some chat)

Lainie71

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
The term "big boned" lol repeatedly told this growing up!
Sorry half asleep! Old meter reading was 6.00 the other taken at same time was 7.8 so I really do not know which one is more reliable :rolleyes:
Really do not know where I truly am with it all

True Blue

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Sorry half asleep! Old meter reading was 6.00 the other taken at same time was 7.8 so I really do not know which one is more reliable :rolleyes:
Hello @Lainie71 Silly questions, apologies, but are both meters showing the same units, such as mmo/lt? Does either meter have a special test strip for checking the meter's calibration? Have you tried either as a simultaneous comparison with your health centre's professional meter? (Yes I know it's a pain to get an appt.)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.5? No Swipey just now (in the post/with Sue Gray) so go with average. @Pipp yay for the 5 yesterday. @DEBBIESCOTT don't rely on a spavined 66.5 yo with a shonky spine for help but gym Mon, Weds and Fri - following a referral programme for now (being me I add some weight and other exercises just to help you out.) Big Picture vs Ego - the Glory Days ain't coming back. Go Team D

Last edited:

DEBBIESCOTT

Type of diabetes
MODY
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The two readings I got were within margin of error (quick and dirty 'seems about right' calculation in my head) so I'm not too bothered by it. Not sure what units you're using there though - a difference of 15 (5 - 20) would be huge, or did you mean 1.5, which would make more sense in UK units.
I’ve got a sinocare safe aq, don’t use it but just done a little experiment after exercise
Safe aq 9.5, libre 9.3 & contour 8.8
Contour usually reads higher than my Finetest lite which the hospital checked last year & said was accurate, with the 15% either way they could in theory be 30% difference, sorry, not very helpful

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia

Edited to add: Just out of interest which was the lower number? Safe AQ or your other meter?

I wish I could remember ... I'll do another side by side comparison at some point. But both of them are Sinocare so I would expect to see random variation.

This morning I got a 4.8, which is fine with me

Reactions: karen8967

JohnEGreen

Master
Type of diabetes
Other
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Tripe and Onions
@Ryhia

Edited to add: Just out of interest which was the lower number? Safe AQ or your other meter?

I wish I could remember ... I'll do another side by side comparison at some point. But both of them are Sinocare so I would expect to see random variation.

The readings should be held in the meters memory and can be recalled.

Widgets

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
The readings should be held in the meters memory and can be recalled.

Which would be easier to work out if I'd set the time/date on either of them ...

I tend to use the finger prick readings as a guide rather than gospel. Given my (lack of) diagnosis I don't need an absolutely accurate number.

Last edited:

Ryhia

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@Ryhia

Thanks for responding. And snap - my reading 4.8 this morning using the Sinocare AQ.