What came in the post for you today?

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A payment notification from the state government telling me my bank account has been credited $175.00 for the power subsidy I get quarterly. The quarterly Circle magazine from Diabetes Queensland.

Xmas roster from Blue Care nurses who change and put a new dressing on my leg every other day.

Couple of xmas cards from people that I do not know who live in the complex so bin job for them.

No parcels for a while as I seem to be shopped out with Amazon.

Edit: I forgot my birthday card from the Bundaberg Rum Bond Store the other day, not sure if it was for this year or next.

kKnwNi7.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Lamont D

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Christmas cards
An unexpected cheque for a charity I run
A box of lateral flow tests

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
My Christmas slippers as my last pair didn't last long because of my legs!

Christmas cards!

daffy1

Dislikes
garlic, pubs
Well not in the post but had a new floor delivered. He’s just about finished laying it now. In the post box there was only a charity bag

Reactions: Hopeful34

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A replacement Libre 2 for one that failed 12 hours before the end, so effectively a freebie.:)
Looking forward to deciding when to use it, usually keep them for special occasions but have nothing special coming up. Trying to decide if it would be extravagant to use it just for a normal routine couple of weeks or whether it would be sensible...

Enjoying having the decision to make

Reactions: Hopeful34

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A package from St John Queensland containing my new accompanied transport agreement which I have to sign and send back to them.

In the package were the usual items of goodness, note pad, another nice pen, fridge magnet calendar for 2022, plus the do's and dont's manual, patient charter etc.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
A parcel, a box about 10cm by 15 cm by 8cm, quite light in weight.
"Intriguing"I thought, not expecting an order.
Opened it to find, among the air bags padding: 1 piece of paper, 1 stick on label and 1 small plastic bag
It was the things I need to send a faulty Libre 2 back to Abbott.
Would have fitted in an ordinary envelope but had been sent tracked parcel delivery!

Hopeful34

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Interesting, as the last 2 faulty Libre's I've had, they haven't requested me to send back. Thought they'd given up on it!!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Interesting, as the last 2 faulty Libre's I've had, they haven't requested me to send back. Thought they'd given up on it!!
It might be to keep people honest and not claiming it's a dud sensor when it was not faulty for a replacement.

MrsA2

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It might be to keep people honest and not claiming it's a dud sensor when it was not faulty for a replacement.
This one failed only 12 hours before it was due to finish, so I'm not surprised if they want to check it
But at the amount of packing and expensive method of sending I think they also need to look at their costs in these areas!

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
This one failed only 12 hours before it was due to finish, so I'm not surprised if they want to check it
But at the amount of packing and expensive method of sending I think they also need to look at their costs in these areas!
They send it in an envelope in the Netherlands. Strange.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
1. A Christmas card from USA dated 7th December would you believe ( today is 26th January). 2. A thank you card from an old college friend for a gift I gave to her a few days before her birthday. 3. A bill from mum's nursing home. (I also had a print out of my CT scan report that I requested during a telephone appointment yesterday but it was not sent by post. My husband collected it from the GP surgery this morning) .

Last edited:

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
An Amazon Prime order from the US ordered on the 08 01.22 and sent by Fedex came this morning. I should have got it yesterday but it was a public holiday for Australia Day.

wolfie11969

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Postman put next doors post through our door, realised his mistake and knocked for the post back ha ha I dont mind he was a nice bit of eye candy - yes I'm objectifying but I can cus I'm a lady of a certain age

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Postman put next doors post through our door, realised his mistake and knocked for the post back ha ha I dont mind he was a nice bit of eye candy - yes I'm objectifying but I can cus I'm a lady of a certain age
I am so shocked and offended, and what ever forms of wokieism politically correctness that are the current flavour in use, to say "eyecandy" about the post deliverer.

I am joking by the way.
0y4h3.gif

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Some new face masks I ordered a couple of weeks ago came on Tuesday, they must haveo gone around the long way to our place.

NJNVAHC.jpg
Very loyal!

I thought it is all over (again)
But the infection rate is ripping through the U.K. Mainly because of very few restrictions now!

Our household received two letters today along with brochures and adverts. The first was a humungeous form for notifying them, if we can claim on his works pension!
The second was a demand from the government pension for money paid into the FiL account, which wasn't due until the New Year but paid the day before his hospitililasion.
Very quick at demanding but very slow at paying out!

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Very loyal!
They were for Australia Day but did not arrive in time, we do not much loyalty to the current federal government bunch of *******.

(asterisks by mod)

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamont D

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Reactive hypoglycemia
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
They were for Australia Day but did not arrive in time, we do not much loyalty to the current federal government bunch of *******.

(asterisks by mod)

We seem to have quite a few of them, running our own little empire here!