A newbie!

Paulsb

After a routine blood test in early December, I was advised that my blood sugar level was raised to 52. For many years, it has varied between 40 - 46. The Diabetes Nurse at our local GP's Practice said that he would organise a repeat test in a few weeks to check the result. Hacing increased my level of walking through borrowing our son's dog, and drinking a lot more water, the restest was better but only droipped to 50 - so by defnition, I have Type 2 diabetes. I've realised that it is time to take matters far more seriously and to get my blood sugar level back under control!

Reactions: Antje77

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
It's your health so it's a great idea to take control of it.

What route are you thinking of following?

Paulsb

I was fairly active until Covid but not going out caused me to allow myself to become idle! I've upped my step count from the low 2k average to 6.5K average and am trying to avoid or at least reduce my intake of carbs. When the weather improves, I plan to return to cycling - pre-Cpovid, I was cycling about 30-40 minutes twice a week.

bulkbiker

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I was fairly active until Covid but not going out caused me to allow myself to become idle! I've upped my step count from the low 2k average to 6.5K average and am trying to avoid or at least reduce my intake of carbs. When the weather improves, I plan to return to cycling - pre-Cpovid, I was cycling about 30-40 minutes twice a week.
Diet will have a far greater impact on blood sugars then exercise (which for some might even raise sugar levels) so that's where I'd concentrate my efforts.
Carb cutting will produce the best results maybe with a reduced eating window as an adjunct.