Guardian Sensor 3 Ordering Issues

rendez2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
So I'm moving from a Medtronic 640g to a 780g on Wednesday and signed up with Medtronic's CGM self funding scheme on Dec 2nd to get the Gaudian Sensor 3 (or 4s) ready for my hospital appointment.

They still have not shipped and Medtronic have told me they have not been in stock in since November!! I'm now worried I've signed up to another 4 years on a Medtronic pump, mainly due to the sensors and this might happen frequently?

Customer services have zero idea when they are due back, neither have they sent any communication out about the delays.....

Last edited:

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I've just ordered some more Guardian 3's and yes they told me there was a back order but hopefully I should get before my current lot run out (in 4-5 weeks), but to definitely ring back when I only have 2 weeks left if I haven't got them by then

I've only been on the sensors for 13 months but this is the first stock issue I've seen with the sensors
Also note: I'm funded for them by my hospital

rendez2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OK, thank you! It gives me some hope then that this is the first time. How have they been for you?

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
OK, thank you! It gives me some hope then that this is the first time. How have they been for you?
They have worked wonders for my control - my control has always been quite volatile no matter what I've done - I've got the 670g and have been using its automode, before automode I was about 40-50% in target even with the libre (admittedly the night time 'adventures' of my blood sugar probably had a bit to do with that - that's why I ended up getting funded) - don't ask what it was before the libre lol; I produced some reports for my appt last week with the consultant and its showed the previous two weeks were 94% in target, and the 2 weeks before (inc the christmas carb fest) was 89% - so yeah it really has worked wonders for me. Only took me 40 years to get a pump lol

rendez2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Very similar story to mine! So happy they are working out well for you and its also making me more excited to get mine. Thats such an amazing transformation in numbers and control

Deejaypdex

Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi @rendez2k

I’m in a very similar situation to you, I signed on to the CGM subscription plan only to immediately receive an email saying the stock was delayed, without being given any more info.

After calling them a few times and telling them I was concerned about missing my pump start date, they upgraded my order to high priority and told me I’d have them within a few days.

They do claim that they expect the shortage to be sorted out in the next few weeks, but who knows.

Reactions: rendez2k

rendez2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi @rendez2k

I’m in a very similar situation to you, I signed on to the CGM subscription plan only to immediately receive an email saying the stock was delayed, without being given any more info.

After calling them a few times and telling them I was concerned about missing my pump start date, they upgraded my order to high priority and told me I’d have them within a few days.

They do claim that they expect the shortage to be sorted out in the next few weeks, but who knows.

I just don't understand why they can have no clue when they are getting them. My pump start appointment is tomorrow and the hospital is a 3hr round trip for me. They have told me I need to go back once I get the sensors (and they have no appointments in the near future). I told Medtronic this early Dec and they said two week delivery time. I could have changed my appointment at that point. They have upgraded me to high priority but I suspect they have done that with most people anyway meaning there will still be a big backlog of sensors to get out quickly once they come in!

No emails or communication from them to explain the delays and I only know from me chasing.

Rokaab

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@rendez2k just as a quick update, mine turned up today (11 days after ordering) - and UPS had it for 2 of those, so at least for me the delays weren't too bad, I hope you managed to get yours though

rendez2k

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
@rendez2k just as a quick update, mine turned up today (11 days after ordering) - and UPS had it for 2 of those, so at least for me the delays weren't too bad, I hope you managed to get yours though

So happy they turned up! Mine have also now and I'm on the go! Bit strange my second box is now due next week because first was so delayed :)

To be fair, Medtronic were pretty good in the end (after countless emails and 5 calls) but we got there in the end!

Reactions: Rokaab

Katson80

Type of diabetes
Type 1
I’ve had an email today to say my next box of sensors will be delayed. This is the second time it has happened. I had to chase and chase last time, I have a brain injury so I use the sensors to help ease some of the effort on my brain. But the lack of info/knowledge from Medtronic is unacceptable. I’m still waiting for three sensors which didn’t work, to be replaced to. I self fund, which makes this even more frustrating. I’m in the process of searching out other closed loop systems. Medtronic clearly can’t handle the amount of customers they have decided to take on. More bothered about the money, than the patients they are supposed to be providing with care.