What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from another all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the windy, dark and dangerous north.
‘Tis new front door day today and a delivery of Mara seaweed according to a tracking notification from those nice, shorts in all weather folks at Royal Mail.
A tint of pink in today’s bit of art - no idea why. Have a wonderful Monday. Now, where is my koffy.

upload_2022-1-31_8-33-52.jpeg

Reactions: Granny_grump_

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all. Interesting posts developing the theme of managing The D with or without HCP help. I have no idea what help or hindrance my current practice would be. They sent me a form to take for blood tests (not at the practice) last June, posted results and are happy to leave me alone. Personally, I would have been amazed in June 2015 to be in any kind of control of The D and in September 2019 to be told in Jan 2022 I currently had no traces of bladder cancer. However, I see my current situation as similar to being the custodian of a precious treasure - Stately Home/Ancient Pile- with a responsibility to protect and enhance it as much and for as long as I can. As with all renovations it is best not to compromise the fabric of the building or the integrity of period features. My ambitions have moved well beyond just staying alive (staying below 8 is not an ambition it is surrender) - you may have noticed. @gennepher thanks for the creative and have a - hopefully - fitting song with lyrics (liked her stance over Spotify)

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Lets cut to the chase shall we fellow posters etc
This Morening a 6.6, hmmmmm time to show that meter my carpentry hammer again.
@karen8967 loved the diabetic label, but not the hypo.
Here in Tilehurst Towers things are planned, but plans have a habit of changing.
Have a great day all and stay safe.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Quiet in here today. Every one must be whitewashing. Windy out so do cover up.

Last edited:

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher hope you are ok in the wild weather in your area and the oilskins keep you dry. Predictive text inserted pumpkins but they definitely wouldn't keep you dry.
Thank you.

Pumpkins might not keep me dry, but if it turns into a coach and team of 6 horses...

Oh well, cannot find an emojie on that, not even a pumpkin...

I managed to do my essential stuff, but then came home, the rest can wait another day @Krystyna23040
That wind drove the cold right into my bones.
And I have been asleep under my electric blanket the last 3 hours, warming my poor bottom, which is always the first to feel the freezing cold...

I declare the rest of today an under the electric blanket day...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from another all things bright and beautiful start to the day here in the windy, dark and dangerous north.
‘Tis new front door day today and a delivery of Mara seaweed according to a tracking notification from those nice, shorts in all weather folks at Royal Mail.
A tint of pink in today’s bit of art - no idea why. Have a wonderful Monday. Now, where is my koffy.

View attachment 53153
I love this tint of pink @dunelm in the painting.

Hope your seaweed arrived safely....

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all. Interesting posts developing the theme of managing The D with or without HCP help. I have no idea what help or hindrance my current practice would be. They sent me a form to take for blood tests (not at the practice) last June, posted results and are happy to leave me alone. Personally, I would have been amazed in June 2015 to be in any kind of control of The D and in September 2019 to be told in Jan 2022 I currently had no traces of bladder cancer. However, I see my current situation as similar to being the custodian of a precious treasure - Stately Home/Ancient Pile- with a responsibility to protect and enhance it as much and for as long as I can. As with all renovations it is best not to compromise the fabric of the building or the integrity of period features. My ambitions have moved well beyond just staying alive (staying below 8 is not an ambition it is surrender) - you may have noticed. @gennepher thanks for the creative and have a - hopefully - fitting song with lyrics (liked her stance over Spotify)
I like those words to that song @ianpspurs
Very apt...

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Lets cut to the chase shall we fellow posters etc
This Morening a 6.6, hmmmmm time to show that meter my carpentry hammer again.
@karen8967 loved the diabetic label, but not the hypo.
Here in Tilehurst Towers things are planned, but plans have a habit of changing.
Have a great day all and stay safe.
Plans do change @alf_Josiah
As I well know...
But I hope if your plans do change, then the new ones are much better plans...

Reactions: jjraak

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Afternoon late again appointment with Dr Ox no diagnosis whatsoever just more Frusomide Increaced to 2 a day never check the pain in my back asked if I had any infection told him it was now healed on my ankle feet like puddings will ask physio tomorrow see what he says. Told you he’s useless everyone complains about him wished I was on his income and get away with what he does when I worked in NHS but our manager was ex army and treated you like his subordinates whoa betide you if he caught you chatting I’ve been on receiving end of his bark. Kathleen what have I told you about talking and working, you definitely did has you were told until next time Haha.
Anyway BG today @2.30am it was 7.6 before breakfast @7.50am it was 6.4 before lunch @2pm it was 5.9

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
I was covered up, but it is never enough @ianpspurs
I’ve been out and about since 9.30 am back home 1.30pm it’s extremely windy but dodged it by going in and out of shops at the retail park hope everyone stays well.K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
I like those words to that song @ianpspurs
Very apt...
Phew. You stay snug under that electric blanket.
I was covered up, but it is never enough @ianpspurs
Hug and sympathy for that. I can't work out if LC. weight loss, aging or the combination account for my own really feeling the cold these days. That post was actually a dig at the Sue Gray report/Met mess.

Last edited:
Reactions: jjraak and dunelm

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Pardon my ignorance but what is HCP

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
5.6 this morning. Blood sugars much more normal yesterday, which is a relief.

It is my sister's husbands funeral today - so a really sad day.
So sorry I missed this earlier. Thoughts and prayers, even though belated, with your sister and family.