What have you eaten today? (Low carb forum)

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Three hard boiled eggs, two slices low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Half a beef and bacon pie, lemon cordial / osmolax mix for smoko.
Seafood marinara (fish pieces, squid rings, prawns, clams) in a spag bol sauce, small portion of reheated pasta spirals for lunch.
Toasted ham, cheese and tomato sandwiches, tub of green jelly for supper at six.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Breakfast: my usual low carb coconut ‘porridge’ with strawberries washed down with a black coffee.
Late morning: black coffee and a phd bar.
Skipped lunch.
Mid afternoon: black coffee and a good food dr bar.
Dinner: prawn mayo sandwiches made with LC bread with a leafy salad and coleslaw followed by DGF mince pie (the last of my LC Xmas treats :() with cream.
Hi is the bread and buns nice you get I normally buy from Seriously low-carb website but I seen a picture of the bin you posted it looks much nicer x

mouseee

Coffee this morning. Started taking my aeropress for coffee at work so I'm drinking less buy its nicer.
Lunch- chilli with a dollop of Greek yogurt and mozzarella as that was already grated. Forgotten how stringy it goes and eating it was slightly more amusing than intended.
Dinner - large chicken stir fry. I bashed up a few mixed nuts for added crunch.
I have also eaten a couple of biscuits but a whole lot better today than recently.

Jayne1983

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Spiders any bugs. Horror films and diabetes even tho I’ve reversed it.
Three bbq sausages, two eggs, tomatoes, slice of low carb toast and vegimite for breakfast.
Last bit of that "low carb" cake the BC nurse gave us, lemon cordial / osmolax mix.
Cold chicken legs, mixed salad, cranked the low sugar jelly factory up Friday, so a tub of pineapple jelly for lunch.
JO's fish cakes with a goodly dash of white pepper on them for supper at six.

Four pepper crackers and danish cheese watching Prime video.

New Fentanyl 25mcg patch on this morning, I gave the old one a lick just for luck. :playful:
Pineapple jelly sounds nice I wish I could buy that here

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Coffee this morning. Started taking my aeropress for coffee at work so I'm drinking less buy its nicer.
Lunch- chilli with a dollop of Greek yogurt and mozzarella as that was already grated. Forgotten how stringy it goes and eating it was slightly more amusing than intended.
Dinner - large chicken stir fry. I bashed up a few mixed nuts for added crunch.
I have also eaten a couple of biscuits but a whole lot better today than recently.

What is this about? I have been reading and replying to posts more than once a day but mousee's post came through with the message below attached.

Please do not reply to this email. You must visit Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community to reply.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread What have you eaten today? at Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

https://www.diabetes.co.uk/forum/

The site seems to be threatening not to inform me of messages any more. Any info on this Antje?

Antje77

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
What is this about? I have been reading and replying to posts more than once a day but mousee's post came through with the message below attached.

Please do not reply to this email. You must visit Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community to reply.

This message was sent to you because you opted to watch the thread What have you eaten today? at Diabetes Forum • The Global Diabetes Community with email notification of new replies. You will not receive any further emails about this thread until you have read the new messages.

If you no longer wish to receive these emails, you may disable emails from this thread or disable all emails.

The site seems to be threatening not to inform me of messages any more. Any info on this Antje?
Did you get this message in an email?

Personally, I've turned off all email notifications, I just click the flag at te top right on the forum to see anything happening in threads I follow.
Do you ever click on this flag? If not, perhaps that's the problem, only doing wild guesses here, but worth a try!

I'll alert the rest of the team to your post, I'm not the most tech savvy member of the team.

DJC3

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Pre- breakfast while waiting for Paul to wake up - the last little bit of Fage 0% yoghurt with a spoonful of clotted cream and about 6 blueberries.
Real breakfast- 3 grilled fresh sardines. They were boned and filleted but still too many annoying little bones.
Lunch - cheese and olives
Dinner-Heck sausages, 2 fried eggs, Halloumi, fried cherry toms and a handful of spinach thrown in the pan at the end to wilt. I didn’t think much of the Heck sausages, they were a bit too rubbery and ‘bouncy’. Red wine. 1HC 85% chocolate baton.

Rachox

Oracle
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Hi is the bread and buns nice you get I normally buy from Seriously low-carb website but I seen a picture of the bin you posted it looks much nicer x
The bread is lovely, freezes well and tastes just the same as the high carb versions :)

Reactions: Jayne1983

Riva_Roxaban

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have never tried Monk Fruit, our local supermarket stocks it at present and it is made in the Czech republic.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/108123/whole-earth-monk-fruit-sweetener-granules

Pineapple jelly sounds nice I wish I could buy that here
Have a look for Aeroplane Jelly in your supermarket.

https://www.woolworths.com.au/shop/productdetails/172715/aeroplane-jelly-lite-pineapple

Reactions: Jayne1983

Annb

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Did you get this message in an email?

Personally, I've turned off all email notifications, I just click the flag at te top right on the forum to see anything happening in threads I follow.
Do you ever click on this flag? If not, perhaps that's the problem, only doing wild guesses here, but worth a try!

I'll alert the rest of the team to your post, I'm not the most tech savvy member of the team.

Thanks Antje. Yes, I did get the message as an e-mail and no, I don't tend to check that flag. I'm not at all tech savvy and most things connected to the internet are a mystery to me - there are just one or 2 functions that I use - probably not very well. I'll try that in future.

Reactions: Antje77 and DJC3

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I was about to ask the same thing. I have a supply of the sugars just now but that's because family from USA brought it over tail end of last year. Originally, I'd put it down to Covid making supplies difficult but, after a bit of digging, it seems it is some kind of hangover from EU food regulations. Apparently, they haven't approved Monk Fruit yet although it had been rumoured it would be approved last year (I guess the last covid wave put the mockers on that). It is approved in numerous other countries including USA, Australia & NZ.
I've never used the drops. If that is pure Monk Fruit then it is hundreds of times sweeter than sugar hence why you'd only need a tiny amount. I use Monk Fruit classic or golden which looks like sugar and you treat like sugar. I know it's a mix but they don't tell you the proportions. All I can say is it doesn't have a nasty after taste and behaves like sugar.
I find the EU attitude of mulling over this for years incredible especially when they managed to approve aspartame.

AndBreathe

Master
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
I reversed my Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Annb, I think it probably just means you might not have accessed the thread by clicking the links in the notification emails? I can't be sure of that and am not in a position to test it out, but that's my guess.

In your shoes, I'd go to notifications and click on one of them for this thread and see what happens. I have a feeling (and it is a feeling) that'll reset the notifications to keep coming to you.

RosemaryJackson

Hello. Today's food is Bf; FF gr Yoghurt with 3 drops of Stevia and strawberries. Lunch was 3 slices back bacon, 2 fried eggs, 2 cherry tomatoes and half a hm linseed roll. Tonight's tea will be egg mayo with cress, cherry tomatoes, iceberg lettuce and half a hm lc roll. This morning my bg was (drumroll please!!) 5.8!!! First time ever. I am so delighted. I wouldn't be in this position without you.

maglil55

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@maglil55 know you’re the monkfruit sweetner expert and wondered what you thought. I’ve decided to try out liquid concentrated lakanto monkfruit extract drops, as gather you only need one or two drops to replace bigger quantities of erythritol? I’ve ordered today but will share results when arrives and have used it. Erythritol, I find, can go a bit grainy -even powdered version - when added to chocolate I find and I fancy making some hm lc truffles as a treat for a coming up family visit, to use up some 100% montezuma choc I’ve got left which I can eat small amounts of but others find too bitter. I also wondered if only tiny drop needed if may cause less of a digestive impact for anyone who has a sensitive gut? I’m lucky as erythritol dosent impact my gut but know it does impact some people.
Today’s food
Lunch lc seeded crackers with some hm pate followed by yoghurt with a few raspberries and two squares of 90% chocolate
Mid pm low carb cookie
Dinner frittata with salads followed by low carb cake warmed and served with spoon of cream.
And @Annb, I've had a look at the Monk Fruit extract and it is pretty much pure. Only addition seems to be some citrus. @shelley262 , it will be incredibly sweet so I would add it very gradually a drop at a time. The sugars I use are different. They are mixed with erythirtol but they don't give the quantity. I can only base it on it behaves like sugar so the erythirtol must be high. Having said that, it doesn't have a nasty aftertaste and works so well in baking.