What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone on a promised warm start here in the dark and dangerous north.
We now have a new door and fitted with the three star Yale ant-snap locks (the new French doors also have them fitted). So, if we lose a key we will be locked inside forever (well, at least until tea time). New radiators arrived so hopefully we can get them fitted some time in the next lunar year. New stamps out with bar codes on so that you can track your disappeared mail, how quaint, wonder when the cost of a stamp will increase.
Art today loosely based upon a photo taken somewhere in the Lake District. Have a wonderful year of the tiger tiger burning bright. Time for koffy.

View attachment 53167
Yes, I can disappear in that landscape for a very long walk. Brilliant @dunelm

I do not like those barcodes on stamps, they have been out since before Christmas and I ask for 'normal' stamps. Because my postcards are used for post crossing, I put two or three stamps on because people collect the stamps, but with this barcode I can only put one or two stamps on the postcard, and that is barely any room to write the message on the postcard, so I don't like them.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@gennepher yesterday I really noticed the difference in the temperature between here in central Norfolk and Hertfordshire. In Norfolk it was bitterly cold but in Hertfordshire I didn't even need a coat.
It is strange/funny how the temperature can vary so much and from one place to another in the same day in a similar part of this country @Krystyna23040

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning or evening - @Jojo85 - all. No fbg as The Swipey sleeps until after MRI tomorrow. @gennepher stunningly gorgeous creative and after a second look - promoted by reading @dunelm's reference. Interesting and valuable contribution to the discussion on how people manage their control. @dunelm new, secure doors, sharing great art and reminding us of the fact that there are older, very refined cultures from which there is so much we should learn. @Krystyna23040 I hope J and boys found some comfort yesterday and that your presence was found part a key part of that. @Jojo85 for a two hr target the attached are the coloured coded "rules" from my spreadsheet back in 2015 - I ideally want lower now. The 2nd attachment is post evening meal from July 2015 - month one. Off to the gym later. Beyond being absolutely certain some kind of strengthening exercise and body weight (3rd image) control are integral to my all round wellbeing I have no idea how to manage my T2 well. The longer I stay on here the less I "know" There are so many different diets, priorities, things to avoid at all costs it has become so much background noise.
Thank you @ianpspurs

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Have you got your hat on as well?
I wear my hat as well. It has a brim to catch all nasty viruses descending in the air..
@alf_Josiah

Due to a skin condition called Solar Keratosi, a side effect of my anti rejection pills I have to cover up from all harmful rays, Mrs J’s glare included :). I have a range of wide brimmed hats.
933039A1-BF69-4798-83E9-1B19F699E5C5.jpeg

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
@Krystyna23040 wonderful fbg and for what it was and represented yesterday seems to have been comforting for J and boys. Thetford forest for dogs is amazing. @alf_Josiah hug for solar keretosis, I know all about that but am not as badly affected as yourself. Muddy Cyclist was another sufferer. Surreal times in which we live. SG "report" and events after best seen in this light - lyrics. Yes it is on topic as that must affect/colour how one judges all "information" on managing T2 or health in general. It is very much the dominant zeitgeist for the New - and far - Right. Mulder and Scully, the truth is obviously out there but not, it seems, available to us "little people." Shazam, gym time:angelic:

Last edited:

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
5.7 this morning. A bit tired this morning. Surprisingly warm - at least the village hall won't be freezing cold - nor will be the dog walk.

Reactions: karen8967

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Yesterday morning I was still in bed doing my morning computer stuff when several cats, independently of each other came to visit and view this poor human locked inside behind glass. They seem to think I am a prisoner in a cage. I leave dried cat biscuits out all the time. The stray cats, hedgehogs, fox, the blackbirds and robin and sparrows all partake of the dried biscuits. I have used up all Popeye's wet food, and I won't be buying more of that because of health hazard (maggots and flies) in hot weather, but I am happy to give the animals that visit my garden dried cat biscuits. There is always a bucket of water for the birds and cats etc, and upside down dustbin lids at various points in the garden for birdbaths, and any smaller creature to drink water. All these gather rain water. I never fill them with tap water.

I have always wanted a ginger cat all my life, but mostly ended up with black, black&white, tabby, tortoiseshell, or white coloured cats. But never a ginger, nor a calico coloured cat. A calico cat visits for the food every morning now (I think it is a stray, but it is still scared of me and any sudden movement). Two ginger cats have been visiting for maybe a couple of years now, one is definitely a manky stray.

But yesterday morning this ginger beauty visited me. My iPastel/Procreate artwork for today. It was a massive cat (looked pretty much near 30 lbs in weight), much bigger and heavier than my little Hearing Dog for the Deaf was. It came up ate a few cat biscuits, and then came to my window. And looked at me pityingly. "You poor human locked behind that glass, and I have my freedom."

I took some photos from my bed. But I noticed how chunky its legs were, and the front paws both had a 'thumb' on them.

It wasn't until it had gone that I realised that collar on it must have been some expensive designer collar, and there was a large tag on it. I know nothing about designer collars, or even designer cats. My knowledge only extends to mongrel (is that what you call them?) cats.

I sent the photos to a friend, and she sent back, "That's a Norwegian Forest Cat, or a Maine Coon. That would cost a £1,000 or more. It shouldn't be out. It might be lost." she said. Maine Coon, we decided on.

This took me 3 hours to do between the two apps. I was doing it half way though the night, when I awoke for the bathroom, and when I went back to sleep I am dreaming of lions and big cats!!!

What I am doing though is checking on facebook, and online sites for anyone reporting a missing fluffy orange cat. It could well have accidentally got out. Also it might have just gone back home again when it discovered only cheap cat biscuits at "gennepher's Cat Diner". I hope it has.

5F98EA60-CE75-48C3-836C-D0CE827B30D0.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Candlemas which has traditionally been a medium term weather forecasting day. No fbg today as I'm off for MRI (s) and bloods in Bury St Edmunds to investigate a new known unknown. Mackerel salad and gym yesterday but just the mackerel salad today. Have a wonderful day but maybe hope for some cloud and rain. January was pretty dry and warm in this part of East Anglia. Laters, Dudes.

Last edited:

alf_Josiah

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People that point out my spelling mistakes
Good Morening Ladies and Gentlemen and all other variants.
A 5.4 on that vicious meter.
@ianpspurs good luck with the tests, fingers crossed for a good and swift result.
@gennepher a truly beautiful painting today, in my opinion one of your best.
Today is follow up blood tests for me and then plinky plonky lesson. Me and me’s are hoping for a new study piece of music.
Have a good day as you possibly can, 2 fingers to the wind and stay safe.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ianpspurs good luck with the tests, fingers crossed for a good and swift result.
Today is follow up blood tests for me and then plinky plonky lesson. Me and me’s are hoping for a new study piece of music.
Thanks very much @alf_Josiah for the compliments
:)

You have a successful day (and may those blood tests give good results). Enjoy the plinky plonk!

Reactions: alf_Josiah

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on Candlemas which has traditionally been a medium term weather forecasting day. No fbg today as I'm off for MRI (s) and bloods in Bury St Edmunds to investigate a new known unknown. Mackerel salad and gym yesterday but just the mackerel salad today. Have a wonderful day but maybe hope fore some cloud and rain. January was pretty dry and warm in this part of East Anglia. Laters, Dudes.
May the results of your tests be good results @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Fbg 6.3

Yesterday morning I was still in bed doing my morning computer stuff when several cats, independently of each other came to visit and view this poor human locked inside behind glass. They seem to think I am a prisoner in a cage. I leave dried cat biscuits out all the time. The stray cats, hedgehogs, fox, the blackbirds and robin and sparrows all partake of the dried biscuits. I have used up all Popeye's wet food, and I won't be buying more of that because of health hazard (maggots and flies) in hot weather, but I am happy to give the animals that visit my garden dried cat biscuits. There is always a bucket of water for the birds and cats etc, and upside down dustbin lids at various points in the garden for birdbaths, and any smaller creature to drink water. All these gather rain water. I never fill them with tap water.

I have always wanted a ginger cat all my life, but mostly ended up with black, black&white, tabby, tortoiseshell, or white coloured cats. But never a ginger, nor a calico coloured cat. A calico cat visits for the food every morning now (I think it is a stray, but it is still scared of me and any sudden movement). Two ginger cats have been visiting for maybe a couple of years now, one is definitely a manky stray.

But yesterday morning this ginger beauty visited me. My iPastel/Procreate artwork for today. It was a massive cat (looked pretty much near 30 lbs in weight), much bigger and heavier than my little Hearing Dog for the Deaf was. It came up ate a few cat biscuits, and then came to my window. And looked at me pityingly. "You poor human locked behind that glass, and I have my freedom."

I took some photos from my bed. But I noticed how chunky its legs were, and the front paws both had a 'thumb' on them.

It wasn't until it had gone that I realised that collar on it must have been some expensive designer collar, and there was a large tag on it. I know nothing about designer collars, or even designer cats. My knowledge only extends to mongrel (is that what you call them?) cats.

I sent the photos to a friend, and she sent back, "That's a Norwegian Forest Cat, or a Maine Coon. That would cost a £1,000 or more. It shouldn't be out. It might be lost." she said. Maine Coon, we decided on.

This took me 3 hours to do between the two apps. I was doing it half way though the night, when I awoke for the bathroom, and when I went back to sleep I am dreaming of lions and big cats!!!

What I am doing though is checking on facebook, and online sites for anyone reporting a missing fluffy orange cat. It could well have accidentally got out. Also it might have just gone back home again when it discovered only cheap cat biscuits at "gennepher's Cat Diner". I hope it has.

View attachment 53177
Wonderful cat, you have really captured the stare. I love the story telling. Word seems to be spreading far and wide about “Gennepher’s Cat Diner”

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Candlemas which has traditionally been a medium term weather forecasting day. No fbg today as I'm off for MRI (s) and bloods in Bury St Edmunds to investigate a new known unknown. Mackerel salad and gym yesterday but just the mackerel salad today. Have a wonderful day but maybe hope fore some cloud and rain. January was pretty dry and warm in this part of East Anglia. Laters, Dudes.
All the best with the MRI (s) and bloods.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
All the best with the follow up blood tests and the prospective new piece of Rachmaninoff to study.