What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Morning all on Candlemas which has traditionally been a medium term weather forecasting day. No fbg today as I'm off for MRI (s) and bloods in Bury St Edmunds to investigate a new known unknown. Mackerel salad and gym yesterday but just the mackerel salad today. Have a wonderful day but maybe hope fore some cloud and rain. January was pretty dry and warm in this part of East Anglia. Laters, Dudes.
Hope your hospital visit goes . @ianpspurs

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a bit of an overcloud start here in the dark and dangerous north
Mrs Miggins has surprised me by getting up and out of the house by 0830 - something about an early appointment. We had the girl in the bubble yesterday - poor little worm has a kode in her doze and couldn’t go to nursery. So, off into town for breakfast - she likes eating my toast so I have to remember not to say, “without the toast”. A hunt for some ‘Nduja resulted in a fail but I did get some nice looking rillettes and a bargain end piece of some very spicy finocchiona salami, some of which I cut into very small pieces and added to my bread mix together with some chopped up sun dried tomatoes. ‘Nduja will be back in stock in the deli next week - smashing knifed in big heaps onto some toasted bread or to spice up a thick soup. I like it in an omelette.
Art today - based upon another Lakeland scene. I was trying to tease some tree branches along lines of water but a bit too much water ended up on the paper. Oh well! Have a wonderful Mittwoch if you can. I am now going to make koffy.

upload_2022-2-2_8-54-11.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Wonderful cat, you have really captured the stare. I love the story telling. Word seems to be spreading far and wide about “Gennepher’s Cat Diner”

It has just been back this morning. I tried to approach it, but it run away. So, Popeye's expensive biscuits got put out. Now this is "Gennepher's de-luxe Cat Diner".

Ten minutes later and it has come back. It is watching me warily on my prison side of the glass. It has realised I can escape sometimes @dunelm

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good morning everyone from a bit of an overcloud start here in the dark and dangerous north
Mrs Miggins has surprised me by getting up and out of the house by 0830 - something about an early appointment. We had the girl in the bubble yesterday - poor little worm has a kode in her doze and couldn’t go to nursery. So, off into town for breakfast - she likes eating my toast so I have to remember not to say, “without the toast”. A hunt for some ‘Nduja resulted in a fail but I did get some nice looking rillettes and a bargain end piece of some very spicy finocchiona salami, some of which I cut into very small pieces and added to my bread mix together with some chopped up sun dried tomatoes. ‘Nduja will be back in stock in the deli next week - smashing knifed in big heaps onto some toasted bread or to spice up a thick soup. I like it in an omelette.
Art today - based upon another Lakeland scene. I was trying to tease some tree branches along lines of water but a bit too much water ended up on the paper. Oh well! Have a wonderful Mittwoch if you can. I am now going to make koffy.

View attachment 53178
Yes, perfect for a wander in this painting @dunelm

Long distance e-hugs for the little worm with the kode....

lindisfel

Expert
Thought I had let my blood sugar slide but hba1c still 45 last week. Couldn't get it better than 44 on keto in the past. My diabetes is due to Conn's syndrome and not due to poor eating or lack of dietary correction.
D.

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fbg 6.3

Yesterday morning I was still in bed doing my morning computer stuff when several cats, independently of each other came to visit and view this poor human locked inside behind glass. They seem to think I am a prisoner in a cage. I leave dried cat biscuits out all the time. The stray cats, hedgehogs, fox, the blackbirds and robin and sparrows all partake of the dried biscuits. I have used up all Popeye's wet food, and I won't be buying more of that because of health hazard (maggots and flies) in hot weather, but I am happy to give the animals that visit my garden dried cat biscuits. There is always a bucket of water for the birds and cats etc, and upside down dustbin lids at various points in the garden for birdbaths, and any smaller creature to drink water. All these gather rain water. I never fill them with tap water.

I have always wanted a ginger cat all my life, but mostly ended up with black, black&white, tabby, tortoiseshell, or white coloured cats. But never a ginger, nor a calico coloured cat. A calico cat visits for the food every morning now (I think it is a stray, but it is still scared of me and any sudden movement). Two ginger cats have been visiting for maybe a couple of years now, one is definitely a manky stray.

But yesterday morning this ginger beauty visited me. My iPastel/Procreate artwork for today. It was a massive cat (looked pretty much near 30 lbs in weight), much bigger and heavier than my little Hearing Dog for the Deaf was. It came up ate a few cat biscuits, and then came to my window. And looked at me pityingly. "You poor human locked behind that glass, and I have my freedom."

I took some photos from my bed. But I noticed how chunky its legs were, and the front paws both had a 'thumb' on them.

It wasn't until it had gone that I realised that collar on it must have been some expensive designer collar, and there was a large tag on it. I know nothing about designer collars, or even designer cats. My knowledge only extends to mongrel (is that what you call them?) cats.

I sent the photos to a friend, and she sent back, "That's a Norwegian Forest Cat, or a Maine Coon. That would cost a £1,000 or more. It shouldn't be out. It might be lost." she said. Maine Coon, we decided on.

This took me 3 hours to do between the two apps. I was doing it half way though the night, when I awoke for the bathroom, and when I went back to sleep I am dreaming of lions and big cats!!!

What I am doing though is checking on facebook, and online sites for anyone reporting a missing fluffy orange cat. It could well have accidentally got out. Also it might have just gone back home again when it discovered only cheap cat biscuits at "gennepher's Cat Diner". I hope it has.

View attachment 53177
A splendid pic, @gennepher

And you depict a lovely scene in your garden

A friend has just got two maincoons
Walks them on a lead, like dogs

Only kittens and so big already.

Enjoy the day..

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Morning all on Candlemas which has traditionally been a medium term weather forecasting day. No fbg today as I'm off for MRI (s) and bloods in Bury St Edmunds to investigate a new known unknown. Mackerel salad and gym yesterday but just the mackerel salad today. Have a wonderful day but maybe hope fore some cloud and rain. January was pretty dry and warm in this part of East Anglia. Laters, Dudes.
Best wishes for a good result.:)

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Thought I had let my blood sugar slide but hba1c still 45 last week. Couldn't get it better than 44 on keto in the past. My diabetes is due to Conn's syndrome and not due to poor eating or lack of dietary correction.
D.
A great result, Derek

My cousin has similar, endless procedures and ops ...but rarely do I hear her moan about it
She's a little Saint

Not sure I could cope so well with all she's been through

Hope all is well with you & the duchess
Long may the good scores continue, my friend :happy:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
@gennepher thank you for the creative and with more time now I espied Popeye. @dunelm thank you for sharing your art, hugs for The GIB. Nduja is always available at a well known supermarket I may have mentioned. @alf_Josiah I hope the follow up blood tests go well. @gennepher @alf_Josiah @dunelm @Krystyna23040 and @jjraak thank you for the good wishes. @lindisfel great fbg and as @jjraak says great attitude you have and best wishes for The Duchess. Time for Abba but if anyone asks, I was never there - all photoshopped.

Last edited:
Reactions: alf_Josiah

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Wishing you all the best for your scan@ianpspurs. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Blood glucose levels in morning have remained for last two days in the 6s two previous days they were in the 7s but I have been testing out new foods and adding some carbs to see how my BG reacts like sweet potatoe chips day after I tried Youngs Fishcakes both sweet potato chips BG went from 4.9 mmol two hours later it was 16mmol so all I’ve done is reconfirm carbs and me don’t work, but they do drop later in day and back to 6/7mmol in morning.
But I can’t eat these new foods I need to work out meal plan for a week but for over a week now I’ve had appointments most days, coupled with booking holidays don’t know if I’m coming or going at the moment need to slow everything down and draw breathe, only them can I look at meal planning. But if anyone knows of a low carb site that does this please let me know.
BG this morning was 6.5mmol I don’t mind being in 6s trying to stay in 5s and 6s but definitely need to watch those carbs. Doctor has increased my Frusomide because swelling in feet and ankles is not going, I’ve heard Frusomide can make your BG erratic has anyone else heard this.

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
D.
Good news about the HbA1c result.

dogslife

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Unfairness/ use of offensive language.
Thank you @dogslife. Have you heard anymore about your ongoing issues?
Good afternoon. I had my CT scan results last week. (I asked for a copy which I had to collect from the surgery). As well as some things I already knew about I have gall stones and a thin walled gall bladder, scattered areas of diverticulosis, fatty liver and a nodule on my left adrenal gland. Apart from that, raised cholesterol and blood sugars and ongoing pain I am hunkidory! LOL I have an appointment with a different GP next week to discuss. Hope all goes well for you. :)

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good afternoon. I had my CT scan results last week. (I asked for a copy which I had to collect from the surgery). As well as some things I already knew about I have gall stones and a thin walled gall bladder, scattered areas of diverticulosis, fatty liver and a nodule on my left adrenal gland. Apart from that, raised cholesterol and blood sugars and ongoing pain I am hunkidory! LOL I have an appointment with a different GP next week to discuss. Hope all goes well for you. :)
Good luck for next week.K

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apart from that, raised cholesterol and blood sugars and ongoing pain I am hunkidory! LOL
Loving the humour and that could well be the thread signature/ school song. Hope all goes well with the new Dr next week.

Last edited:

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Apparently the poo test for blood came back negative which is further good news.
D.
:woot: Derek 1 Poo 0. BTW, what number was it? Asking for a friend who may have a mug, travel mug and possibly a fridge magnet. He's harmless:angelic:

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-02-02 16.58.23.png
    Screenshot 2022-02-02 16.58.23.png
    497.6 KB · Views: 41
Last edited: