What was your fasting blood glucose? (full on chat)

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for : Mr K - what a fella you are sir. @Krystyna23040 you won the lottery there lady:); @alf_Josiah - no not the fbg or insulin calcs - the koffy; ok for post gym with whey protein isolate but c'mon, Assam is where it's at dude; @SlimLizzy good to have you back but also sympathy for the past few weeks and need to revisit diet; anyone else who feels the need, have a hug. Even The Great Imposter squatting in SW1A. Must be getting quite lonely in there and the noise of Dishy throwing knives at the wall while his missus is over measuring up for curtains won't help. Quite insensitive:D

Last edited:

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a late yet dry start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
Smashing trip out over the moors yesterday and a reasonable lunch - you do have to sample things at these places but sometimes only the once. Still, it was fine and we enjoyed our day out. Another lunch out today curtesy of our daughter, which will be nice. We have the girl in the bubble with the kode in her doze tonight so that mum and dad can have at least one decent nights sleep. We did see her yesterday and is so much better so hopefully she will be full of beans today. Carpet measuring bloke came last night and drew little boxes on a sheet of paper before wielding a rather large tape measure - we have to visit his shop sometime next week and ponder upon floor coverings and colour samples. He did tell us that the carpet in the dining room was 40 years old and even the name of the manufacturer - should we donate it to a museum or just chuck it into a skip?
Art bit - reds and greens - Have a great day, especially if your name is Michael Moseley and you know how to cook salmon. Time for a koffy.

upload_2022-2-4_9-39-22.jpeg

Reactions: mojo37

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Good morning everyone from a late yet dry start to the day here in the dark and dangerous north
Smashing trip out over the moors yesterday and a reasonable lunch - you do have to sample things at these places but sometimes only the once. Still, it was fine and we enjoyed our day out. Another lunch out today curtesy of our daughter, which will be nice. We have the girl in the bubble with the kode in her doze tonight so that mum and dad can have at least one decent nights sleep. We did see her yesterday and is so much better so hopefully she will be full of beans today. Carpet measuring bloke came last night and drew little boxes on a sheet of paper before wielding a rather large tape measure - we have to visit his shop sometime next week and ponder upon floor coverings and colour samples. He did tell us that the carpet in the dining room was 40 years old and even the name of the manufacturer - should we donate it to a museum or just chuck it into a skip?
Art bit - reds and greens - Have a great day, especially if your name is Michael Moseley and you know how to cook salmon. Time for a koffy.

View attachment 53200
Thank you for the art. It appears yesterday's meal needed levelling up so better gastronomic fortune today. Moseley? Max? Oswald? This Fast fella? Crisp the skin on salmon and Bob's yer uncle. Well, he was JKP's bless him.

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Good wet Morening Ladies and Gentlemen, is it time for koffy?
A perplexing 4.6, calculation and wet finger held into the wind time, insulin dose guesstimated.
Is it time for koffy yet?
Today here in Tilehurst Towers it could well be a day of music theory, establish the following chords from first principles Ab7, Bb7 and Eb7, then play them, sometimes it is an advantage to have 7 fingers on each hand.
Hopefully me and me’s might get a dry walk in, followed by a rather nice koffy from a street vendor.
Stay safe all, me and me’s are off for a koffy.
I fancy the nice coffee from a street vendor @alf_Josiah
t1961.gif

gennepher

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

View attachment 53200
A museum?
g79018.gif

Great painting @dunelm
Reds and greens work well ...

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Thank you for the art. It appears yesterday's meal needed levelling up so better gastronomic fortune today. Moseley? Max? Oswald? This Fast fella? Crisp the skin on salmon and Bob's yer uncle. Well, he was JKP's bless him.
Thanks. It’s that 800 fast fellah. He has a recipe for salmon - far too complicated - just do as you do and Bob will be welcomed into the fold.

Reactions: jjraak

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Hugs for Mr K - what a fella you are sir. @Krystyna23040 you won the lottery there lady:); @alf_Josiah - no not the fbg or insulin calcs - the koffy; ok for post gym with whey protein isolate but c'mon, Assam is where it's at dude; @SlimLizzy good to have you back but also sympathy for the past few weeks and need to revisit diet; anyone else who feels they need a hug. Even The Great Imposter squatting in SW1A. Must be getting quite lonely in there and the noise of Dishy throwing knives at the wall while his missus is over measuring up for curtains won't help. Quite insensitive:D
@ianpspurs You are right - I definitely won the lottery with Mr K.
As I love coffee so much it was good to read that there are benefits to drinking it.

Reactions: ianpspurs

lindisfel

Expert
Decided some time ago ago I preferred bathing to showers, however this am pulled me up short.
I went down backwards as my legs slipped away and I went down and hit my tail remains twice as I went down. Once on edge of bath and once on bottom of bath.
Apart from being shaken I don't feel much up to present.

Krystyna23040

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Decided some time ago ago I preferred bathing to showers, however this am pulled me up short.
I went down backwards as my legs slipped away and I went down and hit my tail remains twice as I went down. Once on edge of bath and once on bottom of bath.
Ouch, that sounds painful. Hope you are feeling a bit better now.

ianpspurs

Oracle
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
You take if easy Sir. Wet rooms are the way to go IMHO. MIL (92) is rather chuffed with hers. Spiffing fold down seat and grab rail. Non slip surface throughout. She wouldn't have Alexa control the shower or a remote control everything. What is the fascination with doing everything the hard way?:arghh:

Last edited:

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
Good Day Everyone
Late has again to much to see to but I got here in the end !!!
Since I’ve been on Frusomide my BG is all over the place this morning at 6.55am it was 6.7 had a coffee and before breakfast it went upto 8.7.
Had my increased to 80mg Gliclizide tablet and my Breakfast 100gms Greek yogurt and 70gms of berries +coffee at 8.40am then retested at 10.40 BG was 5.8. It’s crazy. K

Granny_grump_

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Dishonesty lies and thieves and online Bullies!!!
You take if easy Sir. Wet rooms are the way to go IMHO. MIL (92) is rather chuffed with hers. Spiffing fold down seat and grab rail. Non slip surface throughout. She wouldn't have Alexa control the shower or a remote control everything. What is the fascination with doing everything the hard way?:arghh:
No, it’s not the same for everyone but we can be thankful for what we have. Wonderful that you have now met someone who you can truly partner with. Take care.
Dunelm My hubby and I have been together now 42years in June this year and your so right he’s a gem of a man. K

dunelm

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
Ouch! Hope that does not cause any lasting damage. Must say, I like my walk in shower.

lindisfel

Expert
I have been warned a few times. Helen is up for her mum's birthday on Monday so I shall be having a good lecture.
Mind you I am a tough old stick.
It's a pity you can't put the clock back to when we were young.

D.

Reactions: jjraak

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

Ouchie, ouchie

Cor, I bet that smarted for a bit

Saw later post , that you are ok, if a little bruised .

Hope it's becoming less painful as today slides into tomorrow.

Reactions: alf_Josiah

jjraak

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Quick update.
Been in UK for three weeks, left in a hurry without my meter. :banghead:
7.35am FBG 5.5
02.02 2022
9.40am FBG 5.7
8.50am FBG 5.1
8.45am FBG 5.1
looking good for my next HbA1c
Not so good otherwise, seems in attempting to avoid T2 have given myself liver issues. Now off the wine for 6 weeks until I see doc again. :grumpy: Am obviously going to have to rethink diet, and alcohol.
Three weeks in UK, incapacitated for about ten days, then grandkids got covid, so only saw them at my father's funeral and for about an hour on the way to the ferry.
Glad to be home again, but found leaving Mum on her own really difficult.
Will read back a few pages try and catch up a bit.

Nice to see you back .

Always a difficult time.
But you're still only a call away, if needed.

Best wishes for liver issues