Type 2 Tired :(

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I feel very weak and tired. i don't know what to do anymore. my levels are around 8-10mmol/l - nothing new but i think its making me think what am i suppose to do my levels aren't going to improve if i cannot have enough energy to exercise and lose weight. - i can walk but i rarely sweat. i don't sweat at the gym anymore because I ain't working hard enough because i am not strong enough to push myself to hit the weights or run on the treadmill due to to feeling tired. muscles feel tired and i am thinking nerve damage because my feet are painful all the time. - I am 74kg now and i would like to get to 70kg by March but since 2016 i had that goal and that's 6 years past. - I am thinking my DSN will read my email i sent and get back to me by Monday, All my endo and DSN offer me is Counselling or insulin. - Insulin which hasn't helped me with Blood sugar control nor energy and Counselling, - which i have been having some help - not diabetes wise just in general. - Just thought about posting on here since i haven't in a while. i hope my Hba1c in march isn't the same or raised.

TriciaWs

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
I'm sorry you are feeling so rough.
I have very little energy, and can't really exercise but went low carb and still lost loads of weight as well as getting my BS under control.

Have you tried low carb? What do you usually eat, and what meds are you on?

Reactions: Outlier and jjraak

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I'm sorry you are feeling so rough.
I have very little energy, and can't really exercise but went low carb and still lost loads of weight as well as getting my BS under control.

Have you tried low carb? What do you usually eat, and what meds are you on?

I have tried low carb and restricting my intake of carbs. my breakfast is basic just eggs and my evening meal is meat- with some vegetables and - I drink around 3L of water a day. sorry i really want to tell more in detail but i can tell you, i eat fish a few times a week and i do eat very much meat-based and very little carbs. but i will try get pictures of what i eat and maybe that will be a good idea for everyone. as far as medication right now i am down to 2 medications - Sitagliptin 100mg a day and metformin 4x500mg a day. - I really do want to get better but i feel my DSN and Endo don't support me other than asking me to go on INSULIN which doesn't respond very well with me because i was on it for a year and it didn't do anything.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
You have cut carbs but have you replaced them with enough fats and proteins or are you simply not eating enough? Do you have a lunch or two meals? What about electrolytes? Are you getting enough sodium,,potassium and magnesium?
How long have you been low carbing for this time round? Do you count or just avoid high carb items?

It would really help, I think, to rule things in or out if you posted a few days typical meals (and drinks).

coby

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Social mixing most sport, Soaps!
I feel very weak and tired. i don't know what to do anymore. my levels are around 8-10mmol/l - nothing new but i think its making me think what am i suppose to do my levels aren't going to improve if i cannot have enough energy to exercise and lose weight. - i can walk but i rarely sweat. i don't sweat at the gym anymore because I ain't working hard enough because i am not strong enough to push myself to hit the weights or run on the treadmill due to to feeling tired. muscles feel tired and i am thinking nerve damage because my feet are painful all the time. - I am 74kg now and i would like to get to 70kg by March but since 2016 i had that goal and that's 6 years past. - I am thinking my DSN will read my email i sent and get back to me by Monday, All my endo and DSN offer me is Counselling or insulin. - Insulin which hasn't helped me with Blood sugar control nor energy and Counselling, - which i have been having some help - not diabetes wise just in general. - Just thought about posting on here since i haven't in a while. i hope my Hba1c in march isn't the same or raised.
I'm really not sure this is any help to you @UsmanMo96 but I have done absolutely no gym training or much exercise other than gentle walks, but what helped me was skipping breakfast (which I never found difficult) and having first meal anytime from 11.30am onward depending on how I felt. I got to none diabetic number of 37 in just under 7 weeks and lost 18lbs in weight xx

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
You have cut carbs but have you replaced them with enough fats and proteins or are you simply not eating enough? Do you have a lunch or two meals? What about electrolytes? Are you getting enough sodium,,potassium and magnesium?
How long have you been low carbing for this time round? Do you count or just avoid high carb items?

It would really help, I think, to rule things in or out if you posted a few days typical meals (and drinks).

If i am being completely honest - since i have been feeling awful my management hasn't been very good - even with the meal-planning, but one thing i have avoided is snacks - like with my tea i will avoid biscuits -
and if i eat Asian food i will avoid the chapatis and just eat it with my spoon. - I ear fish twice a week, - i also, have subway if i cannot find something with low carb - I had steak today. but i will start to log my food and hopefully i can show you what i eat.

lucylocket61

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Don't worry about exercise. I haven't exercised for years, I have Chronic Fatigue Syndrome. Diabetes control is mostly about diet.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
If i am being completely honest - since i have been feeling awful my management hasn't been very good - even with the meal-planning, but one thing i have avoided is snacks - like with my tea i will avoid biscuits -
and if i eat Asian food i will avoid the chapatis and just eat it with my spoon. - I ear fish twice a week, - i also, have subway if i cannot find something with low carb - I had steak today. but i will start to log my food and hopefully i can show you what i eat.
At least you’ve got the no snacking part of the program nailed, that’s a start.

I loathe logging my food, but if control and management are lacking you cannot fix what you haven’t identified. Once you can see where it’s going wrong (assuming food intake is the issue of course) then you can start to make a manageable plan for how to fix it. I’m sure plenty of people will help too as you log it here. But if not or I miss your post (I’m not in here quite so much lately) just tag me and I’ll pop back in.

sunspots

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Have you had a recent blood screen, including vitamin D levels, to exclude anaemia etc.? I felt exhausted when my vitamin D levels were low. And exhaustion can lead to less activity, including outdoors, so exacerbating the situation. Just another idea....

Erin

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
mean people, corrupt politicians, poverty, happy pharmaceutical ads;

Have you been screened for thyroid or depression?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you had a recent blood screen, including vitamin D levels, to exclude anaemia etc.? I felt exhausted when my vitamin D levels were low. And exhaustion can lead to less activity, including outdoors, so exacerbating the situation. Just another idea....

I supplement with D3 on a daily. 3,000IU and k2 included. My levels were low in December getting it checked in March. As far as depression or thyroid i believe my thyroid levels are normal and depression i have been having a few CBT sessions but i think my depression is linked to my diabetes.

Reactions: sunspots

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Have you been screened for thyroid or depression?

Thyroid levels normal and depression i believe is linked to my diabetes so i guess when i feel better my mood will be better. I hope.

TeddyTottie

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think, like most others here, that if we can understand what you are eating then we can either make suggestions to help you, or rule out your diet as a contributing factor. Don’t worry or be embarrassed if your diet is not of the best at the moment, we have all been there and we are not going to judge you! Be honest, and the good thing is, if your diet is wanting then it is the easiest and quickest thing to adjust and hopefully start to make you feel a lot better!

Reactions: HSSS

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I think, like most others here, that if we can understand what you are eating then we can either make suggestions to help you, or rule out your diet as a contributing factor. Don’t worry or be embarrassed if your diet is not of the best at the moment, we have all been there and we are not going to judge you! Be honest, and the good thing is, if your diet is wanting then it is the easiest and quickest thing to adjust and hopefully start to make you feel a lot better!

I have had a few people suggest to me what to eat and today i have had 3 eggs and a cup of tea and will be having my evening meal soon and my biggest problen is probably my cravings and when my levels arent improving it is upsetting and thus why i probably eat things that arent diabetic friendly. I will try and get a full week of food log and will upload it on here that will probably show ppl what i eat.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I have had a few people suggest to me what to eat and today i have had 3 eggs and a cup of tea and will be having my evening meal soon and my biggest problen is probably my cravings and when my levels arent improving it is upsetting and thus why i probably eat things that arent diabetic friendly. I will try and get a full week of food log and will upload it on here that will probably show ppl what i eat.
Well the eggs aren’t a problem and assuming you aren’t adding sugar to your tea neither is that. What’s for dinner?

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Well the eggs aren’t a problem and assuming you aren’t adding sugar to your tea neither is that. What’s for dinner?

For dinner i had 3 slices of pizza hut. My dad ordered it. My breakfast is the same everyday. No sugar in tea.

HSSS

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
For dinner i had 3 slices of pizza hut. My dad ordered it. My breakfast is the same everyday. No sugar in tea.
Ah. Now that would account for high numbers. Overall it might not be a great deal of food but dinner was a bit of a nutritional bomb. Probably somewhere between 20 and 30 carbs a slice depending on which pizza and what size. Not enough real unprocessed quality food to give you energy and spikes enough to leave you tired. Is this a typical day? If so, the good news is there’s lots of room for improvement without insulin.

UsmanMo96

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
My breakfast has been the same for a few years now. sometimes its boiled eggs sometimes, its scra
Ah. Now that would account for high numbers. Overall it might not be a great deal of food but dinner was a bit of a nutritional bomb. Probably somewhere between 20 and 30 carbs a slice depending on which pizza and what size. Not enough real unprocessed quality food to give you energy and spikes enough to leave you tired. Is this a typical day? If so, the good news is there’s lots of room for improvement without insulin.

No not at all, my dad ordered pizza but, normally. it will be home cooked food. - i will show pictures soon but for example i had salmon yesterday. I do struggle with cravings. - i went through a period where i would not eat at all and my levels wouldn't go down and that made me very frustrated and i would just eat whatever thinking what is the point - wrong-mindset i know, i am trying to get better.